• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Since the chance of a status move having an effect is it's accuracy, I guess it would be easier to refer to it as the accuracy being halved.

Then again, is that how it works from the game mechanic standpoint?

Since the chance of a status move having an effect is it's accuracy, I guess it would be easier to refer to it as the accuracy being halved.

Then again, is that how it works from the game mechanic standpoint?

Maybe it just gives one of the "But it failed!" messages 50% of the time instead of changing the accuracy of the move. I agree, though, the descriptions of that ability are just terrible.

This is really important:

Are there any Pokemon in Guardian Signs that disappear after you beat the main story? Or can I come back to a spot, say Wireless Tower or that mansion, and capture any ones I missed so I can complete the browser?

So I just started EV training. And I used a power lens and 10 calcium to SpA EV train my psyduck and fought Gastly. Now because I fought 30 Gastly and did the same thing but for speed instead and fought 30 Magikarps. DOes it mean that once I hit 30 pokemon I'm all done and can battle other pokemon?

If you have a Deerling or a Sawsbuck, let's say Spring Form. And then you breed it with a Ditto in the Winter, will the Deerling become a Spring form because of the Parent, or Winter Form because of the Season?

If you have a Deerling or a Sawsbuck, let's say Spring Form. And then you breed it with a Ditto in the Winter, will the Deerling become a Spring form because of the Parent, or Winter Form because of the Season?

I think it will start as winter form since it's season-based.

All Deerling and Sawsbuck change when the seasons change, so you don't have to breed for a specific one.

Maybe it just gives one of the "But it failed!" messages 50% of the time instead of changing the accuracy of the move. I agree, though, the descriptions of that ability are just terrible.

I thought "But it failed!" was the indication that a status move missed. Are they different?

This is really important:

Are there any Pokemon in Guardian Signs that disappear after you beat the main story? Or can I come back to a spot, say Wireless Tower or that mansion, and capture any ones I missed so I can complete the browser?

Any Pokémon that can only be found once in the main game can be found available to capture in Nema's virtual reality machine that she makes post-game (after you do a quest for her involving gathering Electric-types).

I thought "But it failed!" was the indication that a status move missed. Are they different?

No, status moves can still miss and get the "But it missed!" (or whatever it is) message. Most times I use Will-o-Wisp on something it misses.

Question about C-Gear

In Pokemon Black the online symbol on the c-gear flashes red but I can still get online? It was always green when able to connect previously?

Re: Question about C-Gear

@djmc82 well red tells you connected already with the internet to put a pokemon to sleep and cant do it again for twenty four hours while green says you can go online now. it took me bit to figure out myself but i did eventulle. hope it helps!

Re: Question about C-Gear

No thats not right cos it was read when i started today before I put a pokemon to sleep?/

So I just started EV training. And I used a power lens and 10 calcium to SpA EV train my psyduck and fought Gastly. Now because I fought 30 Gastly and did the same thing but for speed instead and fought 30 Magikarps. DOes it mean that once I hit 30 pokemon I'm all done and can battle other pokemon?
Sounds like you did it about right. I would go to the EV checker in whichever game you are playing to get your Psyduck evaluated- if she gives your Pokemon an Effort Ribbon, then you were succesful. In HG/SS the EV checker is in Blackthorn City btw.

When evolving a Pokemon with an evolutionary stone (ex: Growlithe --> Arcanine), does the level at which you choose to evolve it have any bearing on it's stats?

When evolving a Pokemon with an evolutionary stone (ex: Growlithe --> Arcanine), does the level at which you choose to evolve it have any bearing on it's stats?
Can you please elaborate the question?

No it doesn't :)

Can you please elaborate the question?

Like, if I choose to use the Fire Stone on a fully Ev'd Growlithe at Level 20, in the end would the Arcanine's stats be any different than if I chose to evolve it at level 30 or 40?

And I'm realizing now that this is a pretty dumb question.

Like, if I choose to use the Fire Stone on a fully Ev'd Growlithe at Level 20, in the end would the Arcanine's stats be any different than if I chose to evolve it at level 30 or 40?

And I'm realizing now that this is a pretty dumb question.

nope, it doesn't.
lol, I was accelgore'd anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom