• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Okay, this might be a stupid question, but I don't know the answer.

Anyways, in the Dream World, how to you get to the spooky manor? I took my last pokemon out, and put an absol in the Dream World after the promotion was released, but when I go to the island of dreams, it always goes to windswept sky. Anybody know how to get to the spooky manor? For that matter, how do you get to any other island, since I haven't been anywhere but windswept sky, since I unlocked it.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Is there a way of increasing the possibility of finding Pokémon of an specific gender on the grass much like you can do with Synchronize for abilities?

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Using a Pokémon of the opposite gender with Cute Charm will raise the chance of finding the gender you want to 66.7%. For example, a male Jigglypuff with Cute Charm would find wild female Pokémon two-thirds of the time (not counting genderless and single-gender Pokémon).

Cool! Thanks!

I know I'll be mixing IV information now but, supposedly I can let the Jigglypuff leading on Poké Radar chains and when the shiny patch appears I can switch the Synchronizer into the first slot and I get much more chances of having both the gender and nature I want!

See "Utilizing Both Synchronize and Static / Magnet Pull" on The Guide to Chaining - Smogon University.

I have a quick question about Black and White:

Is it just me, or does the game not give you access to the shaking grass spots until after you get your first badge? :/

I have a quick question about Black and White:

Is it just me, or does the game not give you access to the shaking grass spots until after you get your first badge? :/

It's not you shaking grass and dust clouds don't appear until you beat gym 1.

If you find a shiny roamer, would it still be shiny if it flees?

Yes, I read so somewhere. Since stuff like status on roamers carries forward to the next battle, I'm pretty sure, the shininess remains. Save the game immediately after it flees if you see one.

Yes, I read so somewhere. Since stuff like status on roamers carries forward to the next battle, I'm pretty sure, the shininess remains. Save the game immediately after it flees if you see one.

Yes, in the case of all roamers (bar Mesprit in Platinum) their ability to become shiny is set when you first start the game, or beat the e4 like in Ruby/Sapphire, or release them in Ecruteak in any Johto branching games. The Pokemon will stay shiny no matter what if you're lucky enough to have gotten the 1/8,192 chance. This makes them much more difficult to find, however.

E:

Using a Pokémon of the opposite gender with Cute Charm will raise the chance of finding the gender you want to 66.7%. For example, a male Jigglypuff with Cute Charm would find wild female Pokémon two-thirds of the time (not counting genderless and single-gender Pokémon).

Was this confirmed somewhere? And has any results been posted about Storm Drain?

Actually, I think Roamers can be soft resetted in all 4th generation games. Im pretty sure Mesprit is SRable in Diamond and Pearl as well as long as you save in front of it before talking to it, you should be able to soft reset until you encounter it shiny( you must encounter it every single time though because when it is first added to the Pokedex it will not show up as shiny). However once you encounter it shiny, it will always stay shiny provided you make sure to save the game.

I need help. How should I construct a team to defeat to my friend?

I need help. How should I construct a team to defeat to my friend?

Might I suggest checking out this forum? They will probably be able to help you more.

Was this confirmed somewhere? And has any results been posted about Storm Drain?

Bulbapedia lists Cute Charm's effects as such, and Smogon backs it up on their page. As for Storm Drain, I don't think it was ever confirmed to have an effect outside of battle.

Thank you RiverAura! I have checked this out and it has helped me quite a bit. :)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Does the R/S internal battery run dry even when you're not playing? I haven't played Sapphire for at least 7 months because I didn't want the internal battery to run dry, but I was recently told that it runs even when you're playing. If this is so, I should play as much as possible as soon as I can, but if not, I'd like to save it. (I need the internal battery intact to SR for shinies!)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Does the R/S internal battery run dry even when you're not playing? I haven't played Sapphire for at least 7 months because I didn't want the internal battery to run dry, but I was recently told that it runs even when you're playing. If this is so, I should play as much as possible as soon as I can, but if not, I'd like to save it. (I need the internal battery intact to SR for shinies!)
you don't need the internal battery to sr for shinies just saying

I recently traded my level 76 Conkeldurr for a Kyurem level 75, is that a good trade?

Nope it isn't hacked. It is the one found in the Giant Chasm and is Japanese.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom