• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Where is the best place to train in HGSS after getting all 16 badges?

If you already have the right numbers stored in the Pokegear, the gym leader rematches seem like the best option for me. You have to plow through hell to get to Red, and the E4 cuts through your PP and wastes items.

I know my Typhlosion can defeat at least the first two E4 members without items, but I may as well rematch the Gym leaders first (I don't think Typh needs any training, but the others do).

If you have a water or ground type, killing Blaine repeatedly would be some good exp-fest. I believe he can be fought early in Tuesdays (though I'm not certain which day; been ages since I last played HGSS) all the way to the afternoons.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

When using the Masuda method, does it have to be the same species or can it be, say, Ditto, if I want to breed a shiny Rufflet?

I believe you only have to use Pokemon of the same species/evolutionary lines if you want the eggs to hatch faster; it won't affect the Masuda process unless one of the parents only looks like they're of foreign origin (like Surge's Pikachu).

alright in emerald where is the place with the highest level of pokemon to level guys up I've already beaten the elite 4. Is it just victory road?

Assume that I get a male cacnea knowing seed bomb from gen 4. Can i breed multiple Cacnea(using that Cacnea) knowing seed bomb in gen 5?

I believe only moves that can be taught via TM or HM can be passed down through breeding in this generation.

Oh, when I said TMs, I meant only the ones with that status in Black and White. Some move tutor attacks could've been TMified, or maybe I'm wrong and MTs can be passed on regardless of their non-TM status. I just tried breeding my Blastoise with Water Pulse and only got it to pass Protect down.

Edit: My question has been answered, thank you :)

Last edited:

If I fought a Patrat holding a Power Bracer, I would get 5 EVs normally, but with Pokerus, it would get 10 from its doubling effect, right?

So how is it that after getting 150 EVs in both Special Attack and Speed, plus an earlier 100 EVs from Calcium/Carbos, that I still have 50-ish EVs leftover?

If I fought a Patrat holding a Power Bracer, I would get 5 EVs normally, but with Pokerus, it would get 10 from its doubling effect, right?

So how is it that after getting 150 EVs in both Special Attack and Speed, plus an earlier 100 EVs from Calcium/Carbos, that I still have 50-ish EVs leftover?

the answer to the first question is yes.

How did you determine that 50 evs are left? Have you calculated the evs correctly?

How did you determine that 50 evs are left? Have you calculated the evs correctly?
Given 10 Calcium: 100 SpA EVs.
Fight 15 Litwick w/P. Lens and PKRS(give out 1 EV each): 150 SpA EVs
+2 Genius Wings: 2 SpA EVs
=252 SpA

Given 10 Carbos: 100 Spe EVs.
Fight 15 Woobat w/ P. Anklet and PKRS(give out 1 EV each): 150 Spe EVs
+2 Swift Wings: 2 Spe EVs
=252 Speed

Yet after that, I was able to give it enough Resist/Clever wings (boost defenses) and some Health wings to get it to full EV-Trained status. So obviously, I went wrong somewhere.

Uh, help, I guess?

Nevermind, I forgot to give it the Carbos.

Last edited:

When using the Masuda method, does it have to be the same species or can it be, say, Ditto, if I want to breed a shiny Rufflet?
I'm pretty sure a foreign Ditto does suffice but most people try and get a foreign female version of the Pokemon, say Rufflet, and a male Rufflet or other compatibles with Egg moves. If you're breeding for a shiny, you'd want Egg moves on for obvious versatility and value reasons.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom