• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

To breed Volt Tackle onto a Pichu does the Pikachu have to be the one holding the Light Ball? I need to breed one with a Smeargle, but the Pikachu needs to hold the Everstone so the Smeargle would need the Light Ball... The Bulbapedia article does say the Pikachu/Raichu need to, but I'd rather ask just incase it was changed in Gen V and nobody edited it. :p

To breed Volt Tackle onto a Pichu does the Pikachu have to be the one holding the Light Ball? I need to breed one with a Smeargle, but the Pikachu needs to hold the Everstone so the Smeargle would need the Light Ball... The Bulbapedia article does say the Pikachu/Raichu need to, but I'd rather ask just incase it was changed in Gen V and nobody edited it. :p
Pikachu still needs the Light ball to pass on Volt Tackle.

I don't know if it's really worth a move slot most of the time. But something with high Defense and moderate SpDefense would use it best.

Umbreon and Scrafty would work well. Arcanine might too.

Ah, thank you very much.

Which caves are the most useful for finding Gems? And when they're consumed in the middle of a Subway battle, are they restored during each fight you have afterwards?

Which caves are the most useful for finding Gems? And when they're consumed in the middle of a Subway battle, are they restored during each fight you have afterwards?

I've heard that there might be different rates for items in different caves but I haven't seen any conclusive evidence since so I just assume all caves give you a good shot for gems, and gems appear more frequently than any other item so just go out there and try your luck.

And you could just test out the gem thing by attaching a gem to a poke, save, go to battle and see if it works, then turn the game off and back on.

Yeah, I'd do that, but one of the Subway bosses almost destroyed my partner and myself in a battle where Hilda ended up winning the battle for me. I don't want to end up facing them again only to lose (thereby being forced to restart from the freakin' beginning). Of course, I could try the other areas, but I don't have any Pokemon with good IVs that I've got full EVs on at the moment, so that'll have to wait.

I believe it's the same rate for finding each type of gem though, correct?

Yeah, I'd do that, but one of the Subway bosses almost destroyed my partner and myself in a battle where Hilda ended up winning the battle for me. I don't want to end up facing them again only to lose (thereby being forced to restart from the freakin' beginning). Of course, I could try the other areas, but I don't have any Pokemon with good IVs that I've got full EVs on at the moment, so that'll have to wait.

I believe it's the same rate for finding each type of gem though, correct?

I would expect it to be sane rate and yeah, your item doesn't get used up - just like Power Herb, White Herb, berries, etc. unless it was changed in B/W.

Can anyone provide solid information on the latter? I wouldn't want to get swamped after using my only Flying Gem with Acrobatics, and then end up fighting hordes of beasts with no item. :/

Can anyone provide solid information on the latter? I wouldn't want to get swamped after using my only Flying Gem with Acrobatics, and then end up fighting hordes of beasts with no item. :/

Consumable items are restored at the end of each battle in the Battle Subway.

(Fwiw, it happened many times when I had a Berry for a Pokemon in the facility.)

Okay, thanks. Now I can hunt some Gems in peace.

Error code 52010 [3DS] I may be in the worng place..

I keep getting 52010 when trying to do 'Game Sync'. I googled (ALOT) and couldn't find anything that worked. I'll have full bars for about ten seconds before this quits on me. Help?

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Unless you've gone to Lavender already, don't bother. Keep clicking A until you find the right station, as I've forgotten where specifically it is.

Eeveelution Question

Hey ya'll!!! So my boyfriend and I had a question about Eeveelution. So we know how the seven typically evolve: Vaporeon with a Water Stone, Jolteon with a Thunder Stone, Flareon with a Fire Stone, Espeon with High Happiness in the day, Umbreon with High Happiness in the night, Glaceon by Ice Rock and Leafeon by Moss Rock.

OUR question is about Pokemon Red Version. Not FireRed, but the original Red Version for the GameBoy. He was in Rocket Headquarters the other day, when his Eevee started randomly evolving at the end of a battle (like Pokemon who don't evolve by Stone or Trade would do).

Unfortunately, we were a bit stupid, and we stopped the evolution... So we don't know what it was going to evolve into. I feel like I've read somewhere (LONG LONG ago) that an Eevee will at some point randomly evolve into one of the three Eeveelutions (selected at random) upon leveling up. I scoured Bulbapedia, but there was no info on it. Can anyone here offer any insight?

Thank You!!!

~Raeni

Re: Eeveelution Question

I keep getting 52010 when trying to do 'Game Sync'. I googled (ALOT) and couldn't find anything that worked. I'll have full bars for about ten seconds before this quits on me. Help?

I googled it and found this ---> CLICK!

Hey ya'll!!! So my boyfriend and I had a question about Eeveelution. So we know how the seven typically evolve: Vaporeon with a Water Stone, Jolteon with a Thunder Stone, Flareon with a Fire Stone, Espeon with High Happiness in the day, Umbreon with High Happiness in the night, Glaceon by Ice Rock and Leafeon by Moss Rock.

OUR question is about Pokemon Red Version. Not FireRed, but the original Red Version for the GameBoy. He was in Rocket Headquarters the other day, when his Eevee started randomly evolving at the end of a battle (like Pokemon who don't evolve by Stone or Trade would do).

Unfortunately, we were a bit stupid, and we stopped the evolution... So we don't know what it was going to evolve into. I feel like I've read somewhere (LONG LONG ago) that an Eevee will at some point randomly evolve into one of the three Eeveelutions (selected at random) upon leveling up. I scoured Bulbapedia, but there was no info on it. Can anyone here offer any insight?

Thank You!!!

~Raeni

From what I remember there were certain Pokemon that would randomly evolve based on what items you had in your bag (like growlithe evolving after a battle because so-and-so item was the 6th item in the bag) but I don't really know any details about it because it's been very long since I read up on anything about the original games.

Last edited:

Here we are.

Pokémon can be evolved without the use of an evolutionary stone, provided that the player has sent out a Pokémon with the equivalent identifier of the relevant evolutionary stone item and finishes the battle with that Pokémon in the same battle that a Pokémon that evolves using an evolutionary stone levels up.
Much as the starter Pikachu from Pokémon Yellow will refuse to evolve if a Thunderstone is used on it while in the game it is the starter of, leveling up Pikachu and switching to Growlithe will not cause it to evolve, though outsider Pikachu and Eevee will all do so the same as in Red and Blue.
Some glitch Pokémon with unusual evolutionary flags may evolve this way according to the game 'after exposure to an item', which is not necessarily an evolutionary stone.
All credit to bulbapedians

That's the first Iv'e heard of something like that happening, but since it's 1st gen I wouldn't doubt it lol. I'd just let it evolve just to see what happens and you could always shut it off if you don't like it (hopefully)

I need confirmation on this!! Help!!

attachment.php
attachment.php

I found this screenshot-ish picture while surfing the Internet. I saved the pic file from the blog and brought it here. It looks pretty genuine to me.

The blogger wrote that the player character will be able to battle Volkner on the 49th streak in the Super Single Subway.

IS THIS TRUE?? I immediately searched Bulbapedia and there was nothing about him... The reason why I can't ask this on the Simple-Questions Thread is because I want confirmation from everyone - not just a rumored answer from one or two people. I personally ask the mods here : if this doesn't belong here, could you PLEASE modify it in a way that this can stay and get answers?

I think (and hope) this might be true. Getting a 49th streak in the Super Single Subway is hard as hell and maybe very few people know about this... Of course, I could just play the game and try to reach the 49th streak... but honestly, that's extremely difficult.

Has anyone seen Volkner for real on the Battle Subway?

I'm currently working on my National Pokedex, and i was wondering what's the easiest way to get a bunch of each type of Evolution Stone. I need about two or three of each one.

Re: I need confirmation on this!! Help!!

attachment.php
attachment.php

I found this screenshot-ish picture while surfing the Internet. I saved the pic file from the blog and brought it here. It looks pretty genuine to me.
It's fake. The text is too rounded and the font not quite right. Also you'd see the pixels of the font in that close a picture.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom