• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

What would be the best nature for a Flareon? I know it's base stats are more on Atk, but most Fire moves are Sp Atk so would Modest be the way to go anyway?

That sounds more plausible yeah. Still ,it is really weird. especially since after it happens, no one speaks of it again.

What would be the best nature for a Flareon? I know it's base stats are more on Atk, but most Fire moves are Sp Atk so would Modest be the way to go anyway?

Modest or Timid for Flareon :)

Modest or Timid for Flareon :)

Cheers :) I was thinking that yeah, I just wanted to make sure. XD I dunno if some people really go for the Atk thing and make an Adamant one work somehow. @_@

Cheers :) I was thinking that yeah, I just wanted to make sure. XD I dunno if some people really go for the Atk thing and make an Adamant one work somehow. @_@

You could make an Atk. one, if it was Adamant and had Flame Charge, Iron tail, and something for water types...

It's just a pity it can't have Flare Blitz :/

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

I remember having this same exact problem. If i remember right, you Do need to catch him, and you can't just transfer. Here's a link that might help... Pok

"The eleventh gym leader, Lt. Surge, is missing from the gym most days between 9am and 12pm. He is found outside the Power Plant after you have captured Zapdos. Talk to him and he'll ask to see a Pikachu. Show him the Pikachu and he'll give you his number. Then, on Friday Morning, you can arrange a rematch" - Srebii.net HGSS Gym Leader - Rematch

Thanks for the reply. It does say that he appears "most days" so i am HOPING that it doesn't matter if I didn't catch zapdos (I got frustrated after many attempts so I just let it faint). Worst case scenario I will have one gym leader I can never rematch but o well.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Thanks for the reply. It does say that he appears "most days" so i am HOPING that it doesn't matter if I didn't catch zapdos (I got frustrated after many attempts so I just let it faint). Worst case scenario I will have one gym leader I can never rematch but o well.
Being HGSS, Zapdos should return if you defeat the Elite Four and Champion again.

You could make an Atk. one, if it was Adamant and had Flame Charge, Iron tail, and something for water types...

It's just a pity it can't have Flare Blitz :/

Ohhh okay so there is that route to it. I just found it weird how it had such high Atk but yeah, a lot of the good Fire moves are SpAtk. >,<
Thanks for your help :D

This is my in-game team for White. Do you think it will be sufficient enough to beat Ghetsis and E4?

-Carracosta LV: 54
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

-Darmanitan LV: 52
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Facade

-Lilligant LV: 51
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Petal Dance

-Krookodile LV: 55
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Bulldoze (Outrage at LV: 60ish)

Then 2 HM Slaves, one of them going to be replaced by Zekrom

Last edited:
Re: Masuda Method Help?

In the first example, the male Pidgeot is German and the female Pidgeot is English. The two pokemon are from different language games, so the Masuda Method will work.

In the second example, the Rampardos is Japanese and the Ditto is English. The two pokemon are from different language games, so the Masuda Method will work.

In the third example, the Pidgeot is German and the Ditto is English. The two pokemon are from different language games, so the Masuda Method will work.
So, the method works with technically any Pokemon that is from a foreign language that can breed with your Pokemon?
Thank you!

So, the method works with technically any Pokemon that is from a foreign language that can breed with your Pokemon?
Thank you!

Well, not exactly. It only matters what languages were the games that the two pokemon originally came from. It does not matter what language game you are using to breed them together. If you have an English-language game and you breed two pokemon that both came from Japanese-language games, then the Masuda Method will not work, because the two pokemon are from games with the same language (even though that language is not the language of the game in which you are breeding them).

Well, not exactly. It only matters what languages were the games that the two pokemon originally came from. It does not matter what language game you are using to breed them together. If you have an English-language game and you breed two pokemon that both came from Japanese-language games, then the Masuda Method will not work, because the two pokemon are from games with the same language (even though that language is not the language of the game in which you are breeding them).
I mean, any Pokemon from a foreign language is bred with my Pokemon.

I caught Riolu (my first one) in Challenger's Cave and I'm working on evolving him.
Do you advise me to breed Locario and get a level 1 Riolu and train it again so I can get proper EV/IV training?
Or leave it as it is?
(I have no problem breeding and training)

What does "Pokemon is afraid and won't listen" mean?
With a Evolite, and Max IVs and EVs with a good nature, can Graveler have a higher Defence stat then Golem?

And another thing, does anyone have Pokegen or the ability to hack, or knows someone who can!? I've been asking around and made two threads and no one has awnsered!

What does "Pokemon is afraid and won't listen" mean?
With a Evolite, and Max IVs and EVs with a good nature, can Graveler have a higher Defence stat then Golem?

A Graveler with 31 IVs in Defence, an Impish nature, 252 EVs, and an Eviolite hits ~541 Defence, while a Golem with 31 Defence IVs, Impish nature and maximum investment in Defence maxes out at 394.

Oh yeah...one more thing.
If I have this team
Blaziken with Speed Boost
Gliscor with Poison Heal
Seperior with Contery
???
???
???
Should I put in both Bisharp and Empoleon, having Bisharp having Defiant, and should Empoleon have Defiant?

Oh yeah...one more thing.
If I have this team
Blaziken with Speed Boost
Gliscor with Poison Heal
Seperior with Contery
???
???
???
Should I put in both Bisharp and Empoleon, having Bisharp having Defiant, and should Empoleon have Defiant?
For team advice I'd suggest going to the Battle Strategy & Tactics section. Although keep in mind that while Torchic and Piplup have received a limited release via promotions in the Japanese Pokémon Global Link, they are always set to be male (therefore they can't pass on the ability by breeding) and no Unova Pokémon aside from Darumaka, Darmanitan, Munna and Musharna have their Dream World abilities available.

What does "Pokemon is being lazy." mean? And what does "Pokemon defence fell." and right after that "Pokemon fell for the feint!" And I saw this one on Zoroark alot, "Pokemon raised it's Attack to the max!" What does that one mean?

And a random thing, are all these phrases gramercally correct?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom