• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

This is my in-game team for White. Do you think it will be sufficient enough to beat Ghetsis and E4?

-Carracosta LV: 54
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

-Darmanitan LV: 52
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Facade

-Lilligant LV: 51
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Petal Dance

-Krookodile LV: 55
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Bulldoze (Outrage at LV: 60ish)

Then 2 HM Slaves, one of them going to be replaced by Zekrom

I think you will want to level them up a bit more I did it with 6 guys and I think they were all level 57 might have been a bit overleveled but thats better than under haha, maybe bring them to level 60? My question is how do you do the thing where you can take your guy who is level 1 and do the battle where they become level 50 or 100 to check there ivs? is it in wifi battling, because I don't have wifi so I was wondering if there was any other way that I could do this.

What does "Pokemon is being lazy." mean? And what does "Pokemon defence fell." and right after that "Pokemon fell for the feint!" And I saw this one on Zoroark alot, "Pokemon raised it's Attack to the max!" What does that one mean?

And a random thing, are all these phrases gramercally correct?
Most of these Messages relate to either an ability or a move effects, which is not just damage.

Being Lazy is down to the fact the Pokémon is either traded or a member of the Slacking line. Traded Pokémon don't always respond to commands unless you've got the right badges, and sometimes just don't respond. Slacking line's ability's sole purpose is make the Pokémon act every other turn.

"XXXX Defence fell." It means that most "Physical" attacks now do more damage than before, about 50% more than Previously. Depending on who's Pokémon that fall this is good or bad news. You can only drop defence 6 Times, or "stages" if not Defence boosting moves are not used. All Defence drops and boosts will be removed when the user switches out, with the exception of Baton Pass.

"XXX raised it's Attack to the max!" Like Dropping Defence, attack can only be boosted 6 times, boosting 50% each time, unless a Attack decreasing move is used. Said Pokémon now does 4 times the damage than it normally would. Not all Moves Will boost one stage at a time, Swords Dance is known for boosting 2 stages at a time, meaning that only 3 uses will result in hitting the max. If that is your Zoroark, you'd better select an attacking move, as the move now little effect. Like with Defence, any boost or drop will be removed when the user switches out, with the exception of Baton Pass.

You may want to look at this: Stats - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

As for being gramercally correct? I don't know.. Not unless you mean grammatically correct, where I'd say it's passable given that teaching a Japanese Programmer the difference between "Ax" and "Axes" is hard enough when they don't know any English besides Loan words. In Japanese, there is no plural form for words. Even English games try to avoid certain possible Grammar errors with custom names. In early games, the Localiser couldn't write code to detect an s at the end of names so you may end you with, "Curtis's Bag." Mind you, I failed English and I'm not even sure whats is right anymore.

Wouldn't Rampardos fit in perfectly in a Trick Room team? If not, why?

Why does it also seem that most commpetive battlers have Shinies on their team?

Last edited:

This is my in-game team for White. Do you think it will be sufficient enough to beat Ghetsis and E4?

-Carracosta LV: 54
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
Never put special moves on Carracosta, he just doesn't have the power for it. You're better off running either of these sets:

@Quick Claw
-waterfall
-crunch
-stone edge
-shell smash

Or

-Aqua Jet
-Curse
-Crunch
-earthquake/stone edge

-Krookodile LV: 55
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Bulldoze (Outrage at LV: 60ish)

Trust me when I say that getting outrage on Krookodile is WORTH IT.
I would suggest running something like:

Moxie @Dragon Gem/Expert Belt
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Aerial Ace
-Crunch

To show off.

Last edited:

To add to the answer of yourlilemogirl, many, many competitive battlers use RNGing to get a perfect Pokemon with max IVs in all stats; it's only one step farther in RNGing to also make it shiny. So a lot of them figure if they're already RNGing, they might as well go all the way and get themselves a shiny flawless Pokemon.

And to answer the question about Rampardos, it is perfectly well-suited to being on a Trick Room team, as long as you can protect it somehow for the turn Trick Room needs to take effect.

pomeg glitch not working

in pokemon platinum i have a heatran(hacked) with 5/100 hp

whenever i give it a pomeg berry it temporarily (when i feed it ) looks like it fell from 5 to 15 then on the pookemon screen it shows it hasnt changed plz help!!!!

Couple of Questions: When breeding DW Burmy (or any Burmy for that matter), does the cloak of the parent influence what type of cloak a baby Burmy will hatch with?
ie. will Trash Cloak mother Burmy/Wormadam produce only more Trash Cloak Burmy? And if it does, is it only Wormadam who can influence the cloak or can a Burmy mother do the same?

i've heard a few different things on this (like Mothim fathers only hatching default Burmy) and want to make sure before i start taking up box space with these things.

Never put special moves on Carracosta, he just doesn't have the power for it. You're better off running either of these sets:

@Quick Claw
-waterfall
-crunch
-stone edge
-shell smash

Or

-Aqua Jet
-Curse
-Crunch
-earthquake/stone edge

Trust me when I say that getting outrage on Krookodile is WORTH IT.
I would suggest running something like:

Moxie @Dragon Gem/Expert Belt
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Aerial Ace
-Crunch

My Carracosta has the Mild nature and his Sp. Atk. is about the same as his attack.

How can I catch a Milotc? And can I get a level 1 Milotic? Thank you!

If you're in Gen V, you need to evolve (or breed) a Feebas with a Prism Scale.

How can I catch a Milotc? And can I get a level 1 Milotic? Thank you!
Yes, it can be level 1 only in gen 5 because in Gen 5 you evolve it via trading Feebas holding the Prism Scale.

How do the Cell battery and the Absorb Bulb work? I gave my Floatzel the battery and it still got hit with Thunderbolt without the item taking effect :(

Can you catch Ralts (or any of its evolutions) in Black and/or White? Just curious, because I've been dying to get a Ralts on my White, and I don't really want to go through the hassle of breeding and Poke-transferring and all that stuff... I'll do that if there isn't actually a way to catch it. But, if anyone knows where to catch one in BW, please let me know. Thanks.

Can you catch Ralts (or any of its evolutions) in Black and/or White? Just curious, because I've been dying to get a Ralts on my White, and I don't really want to go through the hassle of breeding and Poke-transferring and all that stuff... I'll do that if there isn't actually a way to catch it. But, if anyone knows where to catch one in BW, please let me know. Thanks.
According to Bulbapedia Ralts is found in White Forest only.

How do the Cell battery and the Absorb Bulb work? I gave my Floatzel the battery and it still got hit with Thunderbolt without the item taking effect :(

The Cell Battery and Absorb Bulb work when they are hit with Electric-type and Water-type moves respectively - they are then consumed without preventing damage caused by the attack, and the user gains a one-stage stat boost to their Attack or Special Attack depending on the item. The only reasons I can think of as to why that happened to you are either; you accidentally attached the Absorb Bulb to your Floatzel, the boost did occur without you noticing or the item had already been consumed in some other encounter. The items wouldn't not function, so it boils down to something that you didn't notice.

Well, they can be found in either White Forest or in the Spooky Manor on the Pokémon Dream World.

Well, they can be found in either White Forest or in the Spooky Manor on the Pokémon Dream World.

Alright, thanks.

Sorry, but I have another question (anyone can answer it): does anyone know what trainer you need to migrate to White Forest in order for Ralts to appear?

@xxemerald45xx: Ace Trainer Lena (She has a Gardevoir and Gallade in Black City)

I think this hasn't been asked before,but how do you get the Vs Kanto Campion Battle Music to appear in B/W(It is real)?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom