• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I'll repost my question from the Dream World thread ;
The last time I accessed the (Japanese) Dream World was back in January, and I've been stuck ever since. It says I have no Pokémon sleeping when I try to enter the Dream World, but the site's interface still displays the Pokémon I sent last time with the status "Entered wake-up preparations" (起きる準備に入りました), despite my sending another mon to sleep in game ; the data displayed in my profile won't update for some reason, and I've been waiting for quite a while to no avail.

Basically, everything is working on my side, but it's as though the GL site is stuck in time at January 25th before I wake up my Sandile (who doesn't even exist anymore IG).

They do precise that updating data can take some time, but does that amount to hours ? I'm a bit worried something might be wrong at that point.

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

I'm thinking about running a Skill Link Cloyster set. I have bred a Shellder with Rock Blast and Icicle Spear, and I will level him up to 40 after evolving for Spike Cannon. For the item I was thinking, "Does the Metronome(item) power up with every hit of (Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, or Spike Cannon), or every time the PP goes down for (Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, or Spike Cannon)?" If not, what is a good item to put on Cloyster for this set?

alright so I've played these games for a while now all badges elite 4 twice caught all the legendaries, beaten cynthia so now wondering what do you guys do? I'm not really asure whaat to do in it anymore

I have some questions about dream points. Is there a way to see how many you have and do they reset everytime you leave the dream world?

You can seem them in the "Dream World" tab of your Profile.

Multi-hit moves aren't affected by metronome like that, get rid or spike cannon for Hydro Pump or Razor Shell and use Life Orb.

@Flare's flash That is the music that is played during the finalist matches of the World Championships. You can see examples on the 2011 World Championship webpage here.

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to: when I tuck my Pokemon in and I go into Dream World, I go to the island of dreams and play mini games with some Pokemon. But for some reason every time I do this, after about 5 minutes , no more Pokemon appear in the island of dreams--and no items appear, either. Is there any reason for this?

@Flare's flash That is the music that is played during the finalist matches of the World Championships. You can see examples on the 2011 World Championship webpage here.

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to: when I tuck my Pokemon in and I go into Dream World, I go to the island of dreams and play mini games with some Pokemon. But for some reason every time I do this, after about 5 minutes , no more Pokemon appear in the island of dreams--and no items appear, either. Is there any reason for this?

That's because after 4-6 trips across the dream bridge, the isle goes silent. It's to help prevent ppl from just staying there their whole hour time limit. And I mean, you can only take 1 home, so it also encourages you to come back the next day.

Edit: @RedSapphire if you have anymore questions about the DW or anything related, feel free to drop a post in this thread. Many experienced and knowledgable players are quick to help :)

Last edited:

I have a question about the Trophy Garden. I want to get another Lucky Egg (I already have one). So I've been resetting in front of Backlot, trying to get a Chansey to appear. I checked Bulbapedia, and I've had every possible Pokemon to appear like 5 times, but no Chansey. Is there something I need to do to get Chansey to appear, or is this just super-bad luck?

I have a question about the Trophy Garden. I want to get another Lucky Egg (I already have one). So I've been resetting in front of Backlot, trying to get a Chansey to appear. I checked Bulbapedia, and I've had every possible Pokemon to appear like 5 times, but no Chansey. Is there something I need to do to get Chansey to appear, or is this just super-bad luck?
Bad luck. Usually I find that if I'm looking for a specific something, it won't show up for a while xD

Chansey can also be found on Routes 209 and 210 (with the same chance of appearing as it would in Mr. Backlot's garden). Of course though, you're probably trying to do the Repel Trick, aren't you?

Bad luck. Usually I find that if I'm looking for a specific something, it won't show up for a while xD

Chansey can also be found on Routes 209 and 210 (with the same chance of appearing as it would in Mr. Backlot's garden). Of course though, you're probably trying to do the Repel Trick, aren't you?

Thanks for the answer. So it's just bad luck then? Good, then I'm not forgetting something important. And yes, I'm using the repel trick. Hoping to find the chansey soon :)

Okay, quick question... or not. I've been trying to learn how to C-Gear RNG for a while, but whenever I get the Victini from the deliveryman, I can never find it's IVs in the adjacents list. I can RNG standard seeds fine, but when it comes to delays and what not, I'm a sitting duck. I'll probably have to go into a lot more detail for someone to help, so VM or PM me if you're willing to help me figure this out.

So, small insignificant yet highly specific question:

If you trade a nicknamed Cottonee or Petilil to Lass Dye in Nacrene town... when you fight her later, does the pokémon keep the nickname you gave it? (And therefore preassumbly the stats?)

Platinum Starter Pokémon

Which starter Pokémon is best for Platinum? Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup? I usually concentrate and raise my starter Pokémon only. I'm not thinking about Piplup, I don't like cute looking Pokémon

Chimchar also looks stupid, but it's last form Infernape looks awesome, plus it's fire+fighting. Turtwig's last form Torterra is ok too, but I read somewhere Turtwig is not good for those who raise that Pokémon only.

Which one should I choose?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom