• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Is there any legitimate way to obtain the Light Ball for Pikachu this generation?

When you receive a Pokemon from the deliveryman, can you reset the game to change its IVs and nature, or are they set in stone?

When you receive a Pokemon from the deliveryman, can you reset the game to change its IVs and nature, or are they set in stone?
Depends on the event in question, but most do allow changes. I believe the IVs can change even if the event forces a nature.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Why is the player character of FireRed and LeafGreen getting picked on by NPCs?

Unlike the other main series games I have played, I noticed that in FRLG, a bunch of non-player characters (NPCs) have been saying so many bad things to the protagonist that are untrue and don't make sense. He/she (depends on who you play) does not say anything (asking what they're talking about, etc.), as if those rumors were actually true. Yet, with all that happening, it looks like the protagonist is already getting into trouble with the NPCs for doing "bad things".

2011-2012 Play! Pokémon Organized Play season

Why has the move Dark Void been banned?

Who will be participating?

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay, I still have my Thief TM (I'm playing Emerald) and am thinking about putting it on one of my Pokemon. Probably my Manetric, seeing as my Gardevoir has Shadow Ball for Ghost types, and my Linoone I'm not going to change. I have to ask something before I replace Thunder Wave with Thief though, when battling regularly with wild Pokemon (the only reason I'm using it is because I need to go to Granite Cave to get a TwistedSpoon for my Gardevoir) when you get the item, does it STAY with you after the battle? And if you knock it out, does the item stay anyway?

Okay, I still have my Thief TM (I'm playing Emerald) and am thinking about putting it on one of my Pokemon. Probably my Manetric, seeing as my Gardevoir has Shadow Ball for Ghost types, and my Linoone I'm not going to change. I have to ask something before I replace Thunder Wave with Thief though, when battling regularly with wild Pokemon (the only reason I'm using it is because I need to go to Granite Cave to get a TwistedSpoon for my Gardevoir) when you get the item, does it STAY with you after the battle? And if you knock it out, does the item stay anyway?
Yes, it does; a lot of people use Thief on wild Luvdisc to collect Heart Scales (I sure do), so if you steal something from a wild Pokémon, it's yours. If you want to keep stealing stuff, you have to make sure to take the item from the Pokémon that stole it though, because if a Pokémon is holding an item already, Thief doesn't work. I hope I answered your question. ^^

Thank sooooooo much! Hmmm... never thought about the Luvdiscs.

So my friend was saying that there was talk or something that after this "third version" came out that they would stop pokemon and that would be it. I personally really don't want to see this happen but does anyone know if there was some info relating to this in an interview or something if there is link would be appreciated

So my friend was saying that there was talk or something that after this "third version" came out that they would stop pokemon and that would be it. I personally really don't want to see this happen but does anyone know if there was some info relating to this in an interview or something if there is link would be appreciated

It was probably just a rumor, as far as I know theres been no interview that says this.

Trick Room

I feel like making a Trick Room set.
Any recommendations on which Pokemon I should use?

I'm trying to get to battle Boss Ingo on the Super Single Train, but it's really hard. My team is this:

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
EV Spread: 6/252/0/0/0/252
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Empoleon@Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EV Spread: 6/0/0/252/0/252
Moveset:
- Agility
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump(Maybe Surf?)
- Grass Knot/HP [Grass 68]

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EV Spread: 252/4/152/0/96/0
Moveset:
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Sneak/Punch
- Night Shade

Any suggestions on how to change it? Or can you suggest a whole new team?

I'm trying to get to battle Boss Ingo on the Super Single Train, but it's really hard. My team is this:

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
EV Spread: 6/252/0/0/0/252
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Empoleon@Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EV Spread: 6/0/0/252/0/252
Moveset:
- Agility
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump(Maybe Surf?)
- Grass Knot/HP [Grass 68]

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EV Spread: 252/4/152/0/96/0
Moveset:
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Sneak/Punch
- Night Shade

Any suggestions on how to change it? Or can you suggest a whole new team?
Ask that question here.
Was that a Japanese only event? If so, then it's really not gonna do me any good.

You could always ask here for one, I'm sure someone would have a spare.

Was that a Japanese only event? If so, then it's really not gonna do me any good.

It was, and you didn't specify by region, just if the item has been given away legitamatly. A mod held a giveaway here last July, if I remember correctly, and gave away babies of said Pikachu with its light ball attached.

How do I find how many points that I have in the Dream World? I normally get over 20000 points in every mini game and have four Berry rows but don't see an ongoing score tally.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom