• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

The Mystery Gift Bulbapedia page says that Generation V games can contain a maximum of 3 Wonder Cards without needing a saved game. I now have two generation V versions and I'm thinking about selecting New Game on my newest one, White version, obtain the Wi-Fi connection Mystery Gift Movie Victini then trade it to the other, Black version, and repeating this process multiple times to get several Victini, am I able to do this? I saw people in Generation IV local events doing the same thing but starting a new game in Generation IV would delete the wonder cards. Would I need to delete the wonder card first?

Don't you need to save in order to trade?....therefor defeating the purpose of not having to save?

Don't you need to save in order to trade?....therefor defeating the purpose of not having to save?
You also have to play through the game to collect the Events, and to trade must have the C-gear, which requires having the first badge.
Thanks for the replies, from them I have decided to not do the process to try to get more Victini than is supposed to be possible.

Shiny Celebi - Thanks for the answer! Oh, what a terrible mistake. Oh, well, my White's played via an emulator so I guess I'll just have to use AR to get Poke balls back and hope Zekrom doesn't get a horrid nature. Anyways I won't be needing it much since I can't bring it to Random Matchup.

Shiny Celebi - Thanks for the answer! Oh, what a terrible mistake. Oh, well, my White's played via an emulator so I guess I'll just have to use AR to get Poke balls back and hope Zekrom doesn't get a horrid nature. Anyways I won't be needing it much since I can't bring it to Random Matchup.
If you have no Poke Balls a Team Plasma Grunt will give you one, else there's another Team Plasma Grunt who will teleport you back to the Pokemon Centre where you can buy some.

There isn't a Side game thing so...
I'm not reciving any pokemon from the 3D Pokedex after I've gotten 102 pokemon.Why?

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Umm, in the forum's description, it says "…be it the Golden Generation or the Worst of the Series, …". What does it mean by The Worst of the Series? R/G/B/Y or R/S/E? I know this may seem dumb but I'm highly curious. Thanks, c'ya.

Umm, in the forum's description, it says "…be it the Golden Generation or the Worst of the Series, …". What does it mean by The Worst of the Series? R/G/B/Y or R/S/E? I know this may seem dumb but I'm highly curious. Thanks, c'ya.

I'm pretty sure it just means you can talk about which game/generation you think is the best or the worst. I don't think it refers to a particular generation. Just that you can talk about your opinions, and different aspects of the games, here.

That's what I've always taken it to mean, anyway.

in gen 4 how do you do the thing where you take a level 1 pokemon you just hatched and battle where it is level 100 so you can check its ivs?

in gen 4 how do you do the thing where you take a level 1 pokemon you just hatched and battle where it is level 100 so you can check its ivs?

I would guess that it would be either the Battle Frontier or Wifi battles, one of which adjusts the Pokémon's levels, I'm pretty sure. I think they might only change them to 50, though, but that should still give you a rough idea of their IVs.

There isn't a Side game thing so...
I'm not reciving any pokemon from the 3D Pokedex after I've gotten 102 pokemon.Why?

Try scanning the AR markers. It seems like after a certain point, you'll only get more if you've scanned the AR markers/photos of the ones you have.
Also note that you can only get one of the Monkey Trio, Frillish/Jellicent Forms, Tranquill Forms, and Deerling/Sawsbuck forms per game.

So when you train your Pokemon (and they get Evs) then when you get the chance to really EV train them, but you've already given them 10 vitamins, So if you clear their EV's out with EV Berries does that mean you can give them Vitamins again? (Once those EV's have been cleared.)

A Long Travel Through Time?

Somebody probably made this already but what does a Long Travel Through Time on my Pokemon mean?

Re: A Long Travel Through Time?

Simple Questions.

I'm pretty sure that "long travel through time" means that it's been traded and transferred over a few generations - Ruby to Diamond to HeartGold to Black, etc.

Last edited:

Got a question about Masuda Method. Now Im planning on breeding a shiny Totodile, and I know that Everstone works with Masuda Method in Gen 5, what I want to know is, can I use a Power Item and an Everstone? I need to know because the Totodile Im planning on using has the nature I want and a perfect IV in Attack, which I want in the shiny baby if I can get it.

I think it can. There shouldnt be any reason why it shouldnt work, as all you are doing is upping your chances for a shiny.

Does anyone have any ideas for a rain dance team?
Im defenatly including:
-Dry Skin Toxicroak (Sp Sweeper)
-Drizzle Politoad
-Hydration Vaporeon

Im thinking of including 3 pokemon (I havnt completly sussed moves for any one but Toxicroak).
-Rain Dish Tentacruel
-Swift Swim Ludicolo
-??? Magnazone (or other electric)

Any thoughts?

Got a question about Masuda Method. Now Im planning on breeding a shiny Totodile, and I know that Everstone works with Masuda Method in Gen 5, what I want to know is, can I use a Power Item and an Everstone? I need to know because the Totodile Im planning on using has the nature I want and a perfect IV in Attack, which I want in the shiny baby if I can get it.

The Power Item has to be on the one without an Everstone, because you can only have one hold item per Pokémon. Which one is the foreign Pokémon - the Totodile or the partner?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom