• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

How many repels should i use when chaining for shiny's?
It depends. Repels don't show Pokemon that are weaker than your first Pokemon in the party, so if you're looking for a shiny at lvl 3 and you're using a lvl 10 Pokèmon as first choice in your party, you're not going to meet any Pokèmon, shiny or not. x3

My question now: I've just activated the WiFi connection on my DS yesterday and I've tried to do a couple of trades in the GTS. I've left a Pokèmon there for a Feebas which is one of the Pokèmon I really can't catch and today I've got one, meaning that the offer has been successful I guess.
Now: I've read here in a thread in this forum that some of these Pokèmon caught from GTS might be corrupted and I'm getting a tad paranoid.
My questions are:
- How are these Pokèmon "corrupted"? Like, are they glitchy, or just "created" with programs like Pokèsav and similar?
- Is there a way to identify them?
- Do these Pokèmon bring bad stuff to your cartdrige? Like messing up data, deleting your saved game and all?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Can I save before battling Getsis in Black?

No you can't. The only closest save point is before you talk to Reshiram, I think. After you capture/kill Reshiram, you battle N right away.

After you defeat N, Ghetsis will come and have a long speech before challenging you. Therefore, no saving before battling Ghetsis.

But question!! If I WON against N, and LOST to Ghetsis, do I have to challenge N all over?

Also, what happens if you faint in the pokemon center? Do you black out? Do you drop money in panic as well? I don't know if it's possible anymore, but there are cases of fainting on the road because your last pokemon was poisoned...

No you can't. The only closest save point is before you talk to Reshiram, I think. After you capture/kill Reshiram, you battle N right away.

After you defeat N, Ghetsis will come and have a long speech before challenging you. Therefore, no saving before battling Ghetsis.

But question!! If I WON against N, and LOST to Ghetsis, do I have to challenge N all over?

Also, what happens if you faint in the pokemon center? Do you black out? Do you drop money in panic as well? I don't know if it's possible anymore, but there are cases of fainting on the road because your last pokemon was poisoned...

You'd have to start again, N and Ghetsis. And it's impossible to faint in a Pokémon Centre, because you don't get poison damage when you walk anymore.

Oh.... :(

Ok, thanks for answearing!

But, if you loose against Ghetsis then you dont have to battle N again I think.

That darn Pignite...

In Pokemon Rumble Blast/Super Pokemon Rumble, who is the boss of the meadow. I can't get him. I got the Servine first try. Is it really just luck?

Okay, I wasn't really sure where to ask this but here it is:

I have a somewhat controversial question pertaining to legit hacks. Specifically, I want to know if the baby of two hacked Pokemon is considered legitimate online.

Let's say I catch two "real" Pokemon. Then I use an AR to give them perfect IVs. Then I breed them to produce a baby with good IVs. Will the baby be legitimate?

(And please, no lectures about hacking. This is just a simple question).

Okay, I wasn't really sure where to ask this but here it is:

I have a somewhat controversial question pertaining to legit hacks. Specifically, I want to know if the baby of two hacked Pokemon is considered legitimate online.

Let's say I catch two "real" Pokemon. Then I use an AR to give them perfect IVs. Then I breed them to produce a baby with good IVs. Will the baby be legitimate?

(And please, no lectures about hacking. This is just a simple question).

Yep. Although, they would be considered minor hacks. The fact that they weren't directly hacked, but still contain the attributes of the hacked Pokemon obtained through an exterior device, means they would still be recognised as hacked Pokemon.

Hey, what happens if I have my Skarmory use Toxic on a Gardevoir with Synchronize? Does my Skarmory gets poisoned as well?

Also, how can a Steel-type pokemon get poisoned, if they ever can? Can you give me some examples?

Re: That darn Pignite...

In Pokemon Rumble Blast/Super Pokemon Rumble, who is the boss of the meadow. I can't get him. I got the Servine first try. Is it really just luck?

I'm going to assume you mean the meadow in 1-1 Trailhead Field, since Servine is the boss of the forest in the same area.

The boss for Meadow 1-1 is Pignite, and its recruitment works just like recruiting any other (non-Legendary boss) Pokémon.

Hey, what happens if I have my Skarmory use Toxic on a Gardevoir with Synchronize? Does my Skarmory gets poisoned as well?

Also, how can a Steel-type pokemon get poisoned, if they ever can? Can you give me some examples?

Steel pokemon cannot ever be poisoned. They are immune to it by virtue of their typing, AFAIK.

The sole example was in Generation 2, where they could get poisoned with Twin Neddle. Later they got absolute immunity to poisoning. (But not keeping the poison. If a pokémon gets poisoned while not being an steel type, it will remain poisoned)

My questions are:
- How are these Pokèmon "corrupted"? Like, are they glitchy, or just "created" with programs like Pokèsav and similar?
- Is there a way to identify them?
- Do these Pokèmon bring bad stuff to your cartdrige? Like messing up data, deleting your saved game and all?
They can be caught by Action Replay, Pokesav, and other stuff, so yeah, and there are also ways to identify them, but I don't know how, and for the last thing, I don't think so, but it could happen. I don't think if it's just a regular Pokemon it can glitch up the data, I even have hacked Pokemon, and they didn't do a single scratch on my game.

Now...

Does Wynaut do anything about Mirage Island? 'Cause remember: There is a guy in the same house with the other guy that tells you if Mirage Island is visable, but this guy says something about a curtain Pokemon having an effect on mirages or something like that.

My Emerald has an amazing 999:59 game time on it, can Mirage Island appear any more?

How many repels should i use when chaining for shiny's?
You need alot.Over 100 certainly,several hundred is recommended. Chaining can take alot,and several hours to get a shiny,but if you are patient,you can get many shinies using this method.

Going on from the hacks, if I have a game that I think is 'fake' so to speak, are the pokemon that I have on that game legit?

Ok, I have another question!
If I want Reshiram to join my team right away after catching it then I have to carry only 5 pokemon with me right?
But I also have to carry a synchronizer cause I want Reshiram to be of a specific nature.
Does that mean I have to beat the Elite 4 using only 4 pokemon?

If I want Reshiram to join my team right away after catching it then I have to carry only 5 pokemon with me right?
But I also have to carry a synchronizer cause I want Reshiram to be of a specific nature.

Unless the synch is part of your team, then yes, you'll only be using 4 pokemon. You can capture Reshiram later (after beating the Elite 4 + N + Ghetsis) if you kill it at the Castle, because it will be at Dragonspiral Tower. Then you could use 6 pokemon to beat the Elite 4. The choice is yours :p

Hello!
Is there a way to NOT catch Zekrom before battling N?
I know that one of the ways is to have a full PC and party while battling Zekrom, but I don't have time to fill up all of my boxes!
So, is there another way to make me catch Zekrom in Dragonspiral Tower? I'd like to get a Perfect/Around-Perfect Zekrom via RNG abuse, so doing the capture in Dragonspiral Tower is easier, since you can check the nature after the capture, not like in N's Castle, where after catching Zekrom, you battle N straight away. Or if you have a full party, you have to go to a PC and withdraw Zekrom?
Thanks!

Going on from the hacks, if I have a game that I think is 'fake' so to speak, are the pokemon that I have on that game legit?
It's a bit hacked. One side says legit, due to it being caught in the game and one side says hacked, due to it being caught in a fake game.
It's a bit confusing, but that's what I think.

I'm pretty sure it gives you the option of having Reshiram in your party as soon as you catch it, even if you have a full party. At least, that's what I clearly remember happening in my game. So you can have a team of 5, but you'll have to replace one of them before battling N.

Hello!
Is there a way to NOT catch Zekrom before battling N?
I know that one of the ways is to have a full PC and party while battling Zekrom, but I don't have time to fill up all of my boxes!
So, is there another way to make me catch Zekrom in Dragonspiral Tower? I'd like to get a Perfect/Around-Perfect Zekrom via RNG abuse, so doing the capture in Dragonspiral Tower is easier, since you can check the nature after the capture, not like in N's Castle, where after catching Zekrom, you battle N straight away. Or if you have a full party, you have to go to a PC and withdraw Zekrom?
Thanks!

Having a full PC and boxes is the only way to make Zekrom appear at Dragonspiral Tower.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom