• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

I have a question:
In HeartGold, is there any other way possible to get the TM Ice Beam other than Voltorb Flip?

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

I have a question:
In HeartGold, is there any other way possible to get the TM Ice Beam other than Voltorb Flip?

It's found in the Seaform Islands on the Northeast corner of the fourth floor.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Going on from the hacks, if I have a game that I think is 'fake' so to speak, are the pokemon that I have on that game legit?

How "fake" is the game?

Unless there are flying Tepig and skinny Snorlax (as in blatant obvious hacks: 999 in every stat, Wondergaurd Shedninja,...) in the wild or coming from eggs, the Pokemon you catch should be alright and legit. There is a thread on BMGf that helps determine if a Pokemon is hacked; maybe that might work to give you an idea on whether the game itself is hacked?

"Is my Pokemon Hacked?" Thread

Last edited:

Ok, I have another question!
If I want Reshiram to join my team right away after catching it then I have to carry only 5 pokemon with me right?
But I also have to carry a synchronizer cause I want Reshiram to be of a specific nature.
Does that mean I have to beat the Elite 4 using only 4 pokemon?
To fully and correctly answer:
After beating the Elite 4 you don't immediately battle Reshiram, you can swap out Pokemon, so you can beat the Elite 4 with your strongest or best-suited Pokemon.
Afterward, you can get the Synchroniser out of the box, and replace it for one of your six, then you can battle Reshiram with 5+the Synchroniser.
When you catch it you get the choice to swap it in, as mentioned, so you can swap it in for whichever Pokemon you want, e.g. if the Synchroniser you use isn't of a high level, possibly you may want Reshiram in its place to have a full-power team to battle N.

Pokemon Platinum Questions

Now I am not a noob to pokemon platinum, it is my favorite game so its a lot of fun. But on my newest play-through Ive been having troubles.

1) I decided to fight EVERY trainer i could find for the XP, and did WORSE than when i dont, what?!

2) Any good places to train for sunnyshore Gym and/or elite four? Ive beaten all gym trainers, and i fought every trainer in the game except maybe a few in mount Coronet, but i'm not going in there with no good reason.

3) Is Staraptor a descent Flying type? So far he has done me well but hes a bit too weak to... well... everything.

Re: Pokemon Platinum Questions

Well, in answer to number 3: In my opinion Staraptor is definitely decent. I guess it depends on the person though, but I always had Staraptor in my team in gen IV, its my favorite Flying type. Flying types are weak to ice, rock, and electric attacks, so he's not weak to everything. Although I do feel that way about my Pansear in Black. He faints the most out of everything in my team.

1. Maybe it's because of the EV and IV you get from battles. For some coincidence, your pokemon must have been trained in some way you'd rather not prefer. If it's not that, then I don't know XDD

2. That was another hard place for me to choose. I usually pick Victory Road, but it gets boring quickly. So after getting eight badges, I just go and use Aaron/Bertha as my punching bag - they give out a lot of exp. A good method if you're okay with losing friendliness. Just spam them until your pokes faint.

3. Staraptor is awesome - Keep raising till he learns Close Combat/Brave Bird, and you might end up favoring him more than any other poke - he's got high speed, and if he has it, Intimidate never hurts.

Thanks, but with the training bit i need somewhere to train for sunnyshore first :3
And yeah my staravia is fast and has close combat, but he just seems a bit useless apart from his high speed (which i find almost all "bird pokemon" have.

How "fake" is the game?

Unless there are flying Tepig and skinny Snorlax (as in blatant obvious hacks: 999 in every stat, Wondergaurd Shedninja,...) in the wild or coming from eggs, the Pokemon you catch should be alright and legit. There is a thread on BMGf that helps determine if a Pokemon is hacked; maybe that might work to give you an idea on whether the game itself is hacked?

"Is my Pokemon Hacked?" Thread

Im not 100% sure if it isnt a 'real' game or not. The cartrage is a normal GBA one instead of a green leaf green one. Apart from that all the pokemon in it are normal.

Im not 100% sure if it isnt a 'real' game or not. The cartrage is a normal GBA one instead of a green leaf green one. Apart from that all the pokemon in it are normal.

Have you noticed any glitches or bug with it, or did you buy it in a shop or online?

Sounds to me like you got a booty (bootleg). Have you tried playing it on your DS? If so, does the cart wipe the save?

There's really no way to be dream pals with someone from different worlds? If I reset my save the world I'm in will change?

I've asked this on the dream pal thread but I figure you guys don't go there to answer.

Have you noticed any glitches or bug with it, or did you buy it in a shop or online?

Its my friends. Im just borowing it so I wouldnt know.

Sounds to me like you got a booty (bootleg). Have you tried playing it on your DS? If so, does the cart wipe the save?

It always whipes the save. It must be a bootleg then.

Two questions:

First: I've been trying to breed Pokemon with egg moves. I can do a Pokemon with one egg move easily. But when I try to breed a Pokemon with multiple egg moves, like, for example, someone was recently wanting a Shellder that knew Twin Needle and Rock Blast. I could get one that knew rock blast and another one that knew twin needle, but not one that knew both. So my first question is: What do I do to get a Pokemon with multiple egg moves?

Now for the second question: I heard that you can get banned from tournaments for using hacked Pokemon. Does this include Pokemon cloned using Action Replay or something like that?

There's really no way to be dream pals with someone from different worlds? If I reset my save the world I'm in will change?

I've asked this on the dream pal thread but I figure you guys don't go there to answer.
It doesn't seem like there's any way for users to change it, at all. The only way to get another world seems to be to make a new PGL account, as the world seems to be assigned randomly when you do. You would then have to reset your game to be able to connect it to the new PGL account.

It doesn't seem like there's any way to make friends with people in another world, likely the data is located on separate servers. You may be able to try asking support, but I don't even know if they'll know about the world scheme -- it's not displayed on the site anywhere nor is it presented to users. :/

Two questions:

First: I've been trying to breed Pokemon with egg moves. I can do a Pokemon with one egg move easily. But when I try to breed a Pokemon with multiple egg moves, like, for example, someone was recently wanting a Shellder that knew Twin Needle and Rock Blast. I could get one that knew rock blast and another one that knew twin needle, but not one that knew both. So my first question is: What do I do to get a Pokemon with multiple egg moves?

Now for the second question: I heard that you can get banned from tournaments for using hacked Pokemon. Does this include Pokemon cloned using Action Replay or something like that?

Multiple egg moves usually require chain breeding. Some combinations are impossible though, so no Leaf Blade + Dragon Dance Tropius because no pokemon (in its egg group) learns both those moves to pass them on. I think the same will got for Twin Needle + Rock Blast on Shellder.

I can't say for certain since I've never been to a tournament, but it's better to be safe than be sorry. I do know that people who go to VGC do recieve cloned pokemon on Smogon, so I don't think you will get banned unless something is majorly wrong with the pokemon. It's something that you need to decide for yourself I would think.

I have a small question, and if anyone could help, that'd be great!
I need a Tentacool with Rapid Spin, but I don't know how to get it. I've heard it's an egg move, but Egg moves confuse me to no end XD; I can't read the charts on Bulbapedia or Serebii or whatnot. Can someone please explain to me how I breed the Tentacool with this move?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom