• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

I have a question.
I need Pain Spilt on my Rotom in Wash Form, and I've heard it's a Gen IV only move. I have Heart Gold, so how do I get it on it? I've heard it's a Move Tutor move, but I can't seem to find how anywhere ^^;

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I have a small question, and if anyone could help, that'd be great!
I need a Tentacool with Rapid Spin, but I don't know how to get it. I've heard it's an egg move, but Egg moves confuse me to no end XD; I can't read the charts on Bulbapedia or Serebii or whatnot. Can someone please explain to me how I breed the Tentacool with this move?

You need to breed Rapid Spin onto Kabuto first.

So here's what you do:

Get a male Squirtle with Rapid Spin and a female Kabuto. Put them in the daycare and keep going until you hatch a male Kabuto with Rapid Spin.

Take the Male Kabuto with Rapid Spin and put it in the daycare with a female Tentacool. When you hatch an egg it should be a Tentacool with Rapid Spin.

Only male pokemon can pass on egg moves.

You need to breed Rapid Spin onto Kabuto first.

So here's what you do:

Get a male Squirtle with Rapid Spin and a female Kabuto. Put them in the daycare and keep going until you hatch a male Kabuto with Rapid Spin.

Take the Male Kabuto with Rapid Spin and put it in the daycare with a female Tentacool. When you hatch an egg it should be a Tentacool with Rapid Spin.

Only male pokemon can pass on egg moves.

That's exactly what I needed to know, thanks so much!~

It doesn't seem like there's any way for users to change it, at all. The only way to get another world seems to be to make a new PGL account, as the world seems to be assigned randomly when you do. You would then have to reset your game to be able to connect it to the new PGL account.

It doesn't seem like there's any way to make friends with people in another world, likely the data is located on separate servers. You may be able to try asking support, but I don't even know if they'll know about the world scheme -- it's not displayed on the site anywhere nor is it presented to users. :/

So if I reset I'll be able to change it then? I assumed it was connected to the PGL account, but I was afraid it got connected with my cartridge after registering on PGL and making it impossible to change.
If they were divided by region I guess it would've been a lot better.

And yes, that would be my guess that they don't know about the world scheme. Too bad tho, I guess I'll reset my save.

Thank you for your help.

I assumed it was connected to the PGL account, but I was afraid it got connected with my cartridge after registering on PGL and making it impossible to change.
It is connected with the PGL account -- you'd have to make a new PGL account for your new save to try and get a different world number.
Check what world you've been set to before typing in your Game Synch code though, as that's the point you lock your game save to your PGL account (and so, whatever world it's on).

So what would you call the pokemon on there? Legit, hacked or something else?

Personally, I call them hacked, as more than likely, if you open up a booty, it's just a flash cart with the game loaded into it (for DS booties anyway). But ya, that's just my own opinion.

My question is this-
How Long Does It Take For A DS Game To Die?
The game in question is Pokemon Platinum, and I'm asking because I wish to know how long my Pokemon can stay in there before I have to migrate them. The game was bought in 2009, and is currently in it's box, and rarely touched, if that changes anything.

so I have emerald version with the obvious internal battery has run dry, my question is can you go over 100 game hours on it or will it delete the save file then?

My question is this-
How Long Does It Take For A DS Game To Die?
The game in question is Pokemon Platinum, and I'm asking because I wish to know how long my Pokemon can stay in there before I have to migrate them. The game was bought in 2009, and is currently in it's box, and rarely touched, if that changes anything.

The amount of time varies, but DS games are far more efficent in their durability. There won't be any hurry to migrate your Pokemon over as it will last years if taken care of

This has been driving me crazy: What does OU stand for? I've seen it used while someone is describing their Pokemon team, and I keep wanting to say BOOMER SOONER whenever I see it (if you're a Sooner fan, you know what I'm talking about).

This has been driving me crazy: What does OU stand for? I've seen it used while someone is describing their Pokemon team, and I keep wanting to say BOOMER SOONER whenever I see it (if you're a Sooner fan, you know what I'm talking about).

OU is short for 'Over Used' which is one of the tiers in competitive Pokemon battling. Pokemon of this tier are,as the name says,used by majority of players. UU stands 'Under Used',RU 'Rarely Used' and NU 'Never Used'.

question:im looking to evolve my feebas in Diamond, so im feeing it poffins. its beauty stat isnt full yet, but when i try to feed it a poffin it says "it cant eat any more..." im not sure if i have to wait it out or...?

@jokool however to my understanding the names are poorly made since OU means it is good not overused even though that's what it stands for. Which doesn't make that much sense to me.

@jokool however to my understanding the names are poorly made since OU means it is good not overused even though that's what it stands for. Which doesn't make that much sense to me.

Yeah.... I think I'll stick to saying "Hi. Here's my team" if I need it reviewed.

question:im looking to evolve my feebas in Diamond, so im feeing it poffins. its beauty stat isnt full yet, but when i try to feed it a poffin it says "it cant eat any more..." im not sure if i have to wait it out or...?

What nature does your Feebas have?

It's recommended that it has either Modest, Mild, Rash, or Quiet in order to max out its beauty stat and evolve, since those natures gain a bonus to beauty stat increases. With Adamant, Careful, Impish, and Jolly natures, its impossible to max out the beauty stat.

I have a question.
I need Pain Spilt on my Rotom in Wash Form, and I've heard it's a Gen IV only move. I have Heart Gold, so how do I get it on it? I've heard it's a Move Tutor move, but I can't seem to find how anywhere ^^;

Pain Split is a Battle Frontier tutor move, and can be taught by the Move Tutor at the Frontier Access area (The place you fly to west of Olivine City). The move costs 64BP. Good luck.

I've got a question that I'm curious about. I've heard people say that breeding wasn't possible until the gen 2 games. If that's true, how did people get the starter Pokemon they didn't choose in the gen 1 games before gen 2 came out? o_O

I've got a question that I'm curious about. I've heard people say that breeding wasn't possible until the gen 2 games. If that's true, how did people get the starter Pokemon they didn't choose in the gen 1 games before gen 2 came out? o_O

It's true. Either they traded for other ppl's starters that they didn't want, or they prolly did that one glitch where you start a game, do something with the pc and your starter, restart a new game and the starter from your previous save would be there still. Rinse repeat. Though I never played gen 1 main series so idr really the nitty gritty details of the trick.

Also, this SQSA Thread is for gen 5 only, next time you have a question about gen1-4, go to The Lost Tower's SQSA Thread :)

Oh, I see. My bad then. I forgot to check if this was only for gen 5 questions... xP

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom