• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

If I send a Pokémon to gen V from a game that had an action replay used on it for something silly, like a specific TM or something, would the Pokémon transferred count as hacked?

In Ranger 2 Shadows of Almia, does the opposite gender character appear in the game like in Ranger 1 and Ranger 3? (E.G., if you play as Kate will Kellyn appear in the game?)

If I send a Pokémon to gen V from a game that had an action replay used on it for something silly, like a specific TM or something, would the Pokémon transferred count as hacked?

If that Pokemon is normally obtainable in that generation,it's stats aren't altered and moveset can be learned in gen.IV, I wouldn't call it hacked.

In Ranger 2 Shadows of Almia, does the opposite gender character appear in the game like in Ranger 1 and Ranger 3? (E.G., if you play as Kate will Kellyn appear in the game?)

Unfortunately, no. Unlike in the other games, only the player character will ever appear.

It is connected with the PGL account -- you'd have to make a new PGL account for your new save to try and get a different world number.
Check what world you've been set to before typing in your Game Synch code though, as that's the point you lock your game save to your PGL account (and so, whatever world it's on).

A little late, but thanks for that tip! I managed to get in world 3 after 16 tries, took long enough even without restarting the game that many times.

I'm having some problems understanding black city/white forest these days. I beat the game in 2 days and my black city now has 10 trainers outside, and the other 2 in the market who I could only battle once.
I read in the bulbapedia that the maximum of trainers is 12, does that include those 2 from the market? Because I tried to invite people from white forest and only 2 npcs who I already have appeared there via entralink - there's more people in the actual forest.

If the information about the maximum capacity of trainers is correct, I would have to stop battling some npc to make them leave, and more people would appear in the white forest via entralink?

So I tried to breed Aqua Jet and Crunch from a Basculin to a Carvanha but only Crunch made it. I can't understand why. Any ideas?

I dont know but Carvanha and Basculin can learn both attacks, so why try to breed that?

Because I wanted it as an egg move and I didn't think it would be an issue.

So I tried to breed Aqua Jet and Crunch from a Basculin to a Carvanha but only Crunch made it. I can't understand why. Any ideas?

My only guess would be that, because they are not egg moves, but level up moves, the only way an egg will hatch with them would be for both parents to have them at the time of breeding to pass it on.

Now, as to why only crunch passed and not aqua jet is anyone's guess, but mine would be that maybe they both only knew crunch when you bred them, yes?

Can someone give me detialed dircetions on how get to the second floor of the Abssyl Ruins?

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Still going with the Okami theme. Should I get a Slakoth (Susano), a Skitty (Kabegami), or a Marill/Azumarill (Yumigami)? Then again, I already want a Milotic. I probably shouldn't have two Water types on my team.

I want a Poochyena on my Ruby team. Do I go for Adamant, which raises Attack and is a good stat for Mightyena? or should I go for Modest, seeing as Dark is Special in this game anyway?

Go for Rash, not Modest, sence Dark is Special in that Gen, and Mightyena has a good Attack. I recomend you teach it Shadow Ball, Strength, or Hyper Beam, sence those are phyical.

In Pokemon Ranger (The original), is the Regis used for anything?

Wait man! @yourlilemogirl ninja'ed me!

I want a Poochyena on my Ruby team. Do I go for Adamant, which raises Attack and is a good stat for Mightyena? or should I go for Modest, seeing as Dark is Special in this game anyway?

Go for Rash, not Modest, sence Dark is Special in that Gen, and Mightyena has a good Attack. I recomend you teach it Shadow Ball, Strength, or Hyper Beam, sence those are phyical.

In Pokemon Ranger (The original), is the Regis used for anything?

Wait man! @yourlilemogirl ninja'ed me!

Not really a ninja since my posts were days ago lol

Can someone give me detialed dircetions on how get to the second floor of the Abssyl Ruins?

Well, I don't know a way, but I found this:

to reach the second floor, the player must reach the pillar in the middle of the ruins in fewer than 190 steps (thus ignoring all items). The Ruins are filled with 32 Relic items which, have a total value of 1,706,000 when sold to the item maniac in Undella Town. To reach the third floor, the player must use Flash. To reach the fourth floor, the player must use Strength.

Not really a ninja since my posts were days ago lol

Oh. -_-
The computer must have transported me to the page. Darn you computer.

Okay so I've got this Dream World Charmander on my Korean Pokemon Black and I'm wondering whether or not I should leave it untrained or evolve it into a Charizard. What do you guys think I should do?

You could always clone it to have the best of both worlds :3

I guess I could do that, but I'd rather have one unique one. If I can't make up my mind that is probably what I'll end up doing.

I've gotten into the habit of cloning my shinnies, that way when I want to evolve them, I'll always have a UT one, and still have evolved forms of it too :)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom