• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I don't want to get into my Silver habits though :D (I used to clone pokemon to a ridiculous extent on my Gameboy Color Silver.....that glitch was awesome).

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Hey, is there an easier way to get Heart Scales in HG/SS besides using Rock Smash on rocks or getting them in DPPt's Underground and trading back and forth? I practically never find any doing the former, and the latter is just too complicated.

Hey, is there an easier way to get Heart Scales in HG/SS besides using Rock Smash on rocks or getting them in DPPt's Underground and trading back and forth? I practically never find any doing the former, and the latter is just too complicated.

You can find heart scales on 4 different pokéwalker routes (beautiful beach/warm beach/stormy beach/quiet cave), rock smash, pokéathlon (wed/sun), found on wild luvdisc, and through pickup (levels 51-100)

I don't use the Pokewalker. At least, I haven't yet found a reason to. I said besides Rock Smash. It's not Wednesday or Sunday...

Guess I have to look for some wild Luvdisc.

Hi, quick question: What exactly does it mean when someone says that a particular move has "terrible distribution?" (or vice versa I guess)

In DPPt, are the chances of encountering Happiny the same as some of the main Pokémon (not the Mr. Backlot swarm) in the Trophy Garden? I am looking for the Lucky Punch item and I heard that Happiny is known to have them in those games.

Last edited:

Hi, quick question: What exactly does it mean when someone says that a particular move has "terrible distribution?" (or vice versa I guess)

It means hardly any Pokemon are capable of learning said move. For example, Sacred Fire has terrible distribution. Good distribution is just the opposite of that.

In DPPt, are the chances of encountering Happiny the same as some of the main Pokémon (not the Mr. Backlot swarm) in the Trophy Garden? I am looking for the Lucky Punch item and I heard that Happiny is known to have them in those games.

Nope. Happiny is one of the Daily Pokemon, so it only has a 5% of appearing. Additonally, there is only a 5% chance that Happiny will be holding a Lucky Punch.

Nope. Happiny is one of the Daily Pokemon, so it only has a 5% of appearing. Additonally, there is only a 5% chance that Happiny will be holding a Lucky Punch.

As said above, while they only show up for a day*, there are techniques upon increasing your odds of having happiny showing up, as well as increasing the odds of them holding something. Said techniques can be found on YouTube.

*there are also other things you can do to make them stay longer than a day, but google is your friend :p

I'm having some problems understanding black city/white forest these days. I beat the game in 2 days and my black city now has 10 trainers outside, and the other 2 in the market who I could only battle once.
I read in the bulbapedia that the maximum of trainers is 12, does that include those 2 from the market? Because I tried to invite people from white forest and only 2 npcs who I already have appeared there via entralink - there's more people in the actual forest.

If the information about the maximum capacity of trainers is correct, I would have to stop battling some npc to make them leave, and more people would appear in the white forest via entralink?

Anyone?

I'm having some problems understanding black city/white forest these days. I beat the game in 2 days and my black city now has 10 trainers outside, and the other 2 in the market who I could only battle once.
I read in the bulbapedia that the maximum of trainers is 12, does that include those 2 from the market? Because I tried to invite people from white forest and only 2 npcs who I already have appeared there via entralink - there's more people in the actual forest.

If the information about the maximum capacity of trainers is correct, I would have to stop battling some npc to make them leave, and more people would appear in the white forest via entralink?

Anyone?
Yes to all of the above.
BC/WF can have up to 10 visitors plus the two who you can only battle once.
Those people you see in Entralink WF are the ones who have 'left' WF. (every game starts with several people having 'left' BC/WF already)
To make more people appear in Entralink WF, you would have to stop battling them in White and wait for them to leave WF.

Ugh… don’t you hate that feeling you get when you come up to a point in the game, and never- no matter how many times you play- remember how to solve the problem? For me, it’s Hearthrome City. Okay, I know I need to deliver the Old Charm from Cynthia on route 210. But in order to access it, I have to go onto Route 209, which the gate to is being blocked by two guys (a generic balding NPC and a hiker) who talk about Eggs. I can’t go down route 212 either, because it is being blocked by a cameraman and reporter who talk about Contests.

What do I do? Do I take the Happiny Egg from the hiker, even though I don’t want it? Do I do a Contest or two?

Again, thank you for being very helpful!

Not sure if this is a simple question, but can anyone tell me the speed stat of Red's Pikachu? I know you can capture it with AR and check, but I don't have AR.

in emerald how long do you have to wait for your fossil to be regenerated or how many steps do you have to take?

I'm on Ruby and I seem to have hit the "berry glitch" hour count, because I got the message about how "clock-based events no longer occur."

However, I'm still getting re-battles from trainers, even though Bulbapedia said I shouldn't. Are those going to run out eventually, too?

Also, is there a way I can fix this when I'm playing using a GBA SP (not a DS)?

The Berry Glitch is fixed by connecting R/S FireRed, LeafGreen Colosseum or XD Gale of Darkness or Emerald.
This Bulbapedia article has more details: Berry glitch - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Lol I don't know how I missed that. Thanks!

But while I still have this problem - will trainers stop battling me at some point, or am I fine if they're still battling after I got the glitch? (I know it's not just the requests I had before, because I battled one and he showed up again as wanting to battle after I had walked around for a while).

Okay! I'm playig Pearl and am trying to breed a Sneael with Ice Punch through chain breeding. I have a Medicham with Ice Punch and a female Buneary in the Daycare. I save before getting the Egg from the Daycare Man. I keep trying to get a male Bneary with Ice Punch to breed with the female Sneasel I caught, but, everytime I reset to get the Egg, it is a female! Am I doing something wrong? or am I just unlucky today?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom