• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Ugh… don’t you hate that feeling you get when you come up to a point in the game, and never- no matter how many times you play- remember how to solve the problem? For me, it’s Hearthrome City. Okay, I know I need to deliver the Old Charm from Cynthia on route 210. But in order to access it, I have to go onto Route 209, which the gate to is being blocked by two guys (a generic balding NPC and a hiker) who talk about Eggs. I can’t go down route 212 either, because it is being blocked by a cameraman and reporter who talk about Contests.

What do I do? Do I take the Happiny Egg from the hiker, even though I don’t want it? Do I do a Contest or two?

I think you have to go to the contest hall, meet Fantina and beat her :)

in emerald how long do you have to wait for your fossil to be regenerated or how many steps do you have to take?
Like all other fossil generators, just leave the place and go back in :) You can save before receiving the fossil to get the nature you want.

Okay! I'm playig Pearl and am trying to breed a Sneael with Ice Punch through chain breeding. I have a Medicham with Ice Punch and a female Buneary in the Daycare. I save before getting the Egg from the Daycare Man. I keep trying to get a male Bneary with Ice Punch to breed with the female Sneasel I caught, but, everytime I reset to get the Egg, it is a female! Am I doing something wrong? or am I just unlucky today?

If you are resetting with the same egg, then it won't change. You need to keep getting more eggs.

*frowns, grumbles* Oh okay. I guess I need more money then...

Okay! I'm playig Pearl and am trying to breed a Sneael with Ice Punch through chain breeding. I have a Medicham with Ice Punch and a female Buneary in the Daycare. I save before getting the Egg from the Daycare Man. I keep trying to get a male Bneary with Ice Punch to breed with the female Sneasel I caught, but, everytime I reset to get the Egg, it is a female! Am I doing something wrong? or am I just unlucky today?

*frowns, grumbles* Oh okay. I guess I need more money then...

OR....just get yourself a male Smeargle, sketch the move you want, and breed directly with the Sneasel. Whenever breeding in the Ground Egg Group, do yourself a favor and just use a Smeargle instead of going the hard route of actually chain breeding. Your only gripe might be where to find a double battle to sketch during, what game are you specifically playing btw?

Okay, so i have been chaining like crazy and scored 2 fresh new shiny pokemon!

But i want 1 more. a shiny voltorb. but i cant get the outbreak needed

i tried the trick which allows you to change it, but when i change it, its the same or its the same thing as before.

READ THIS BIT

my outbreak was larvitar
i change it and its skitty
i reset and change my time. i change it too 23:59. go onto it. wait until 00:00
talk to the girl
its skitty again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i even did 2 more times and it was still skitty! why? am i doing something wrong?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Ok. I'm ready to battle the Elite 4 for the first time.

I have 7 pokemon to choose from but I can only take 5 with me.

Any suggestions on which pokemon to choose?

Samurott
Liepard
Swoobat
Sawsbuck
Eelektrik
Lampent
Mienfoo

~

Ok. I'm ready to battle the Elite 4 for the first time.

I have 7 pokemon to choose from but I can only take 5 with me.

Any suggestions on which pokemon to choose?

Samurott
Liepard
Swoobat
Sawsbuck
Eelektrik
Lampent
Mienfoo

~

I'd definitely remove Swoobat and Liepard. The other Pokemon are quite strong in comparison and these two, while being quite fast, aren't very powerful or bulky.

And evolve your second stage Mon. Providing you're trained right, thats a good team.

on sapphire I am getting ready to take on the elite four, and I am not sure whether i should get my team up to level 45 or level 50. any recommendations?

What ways can I rais my Pokemons happiness and friendliness? Of course I've got soothe bells, but like in Platinum where you can put them in contests and feed them poffin. There's nothing to do in BW besides fight. Besides the theater but it's not like you win anything? Or like theres a point at all..

What ways can I rais my Pokemons happiness and friendliness? Of course I've got soothe bells, but like in Platinum where you can put them in contests and feed them poffin. There's nothing to do in BW besides fight. Besides the theater but it's not like you win anything? Or like theres a point at all..

Walking raises happiness. As does using vitamins, and leveling them up. So does giving them EV berries.

Walking raises happiness. As does using vitamins, and leveling them up. So does giving them EV berries.
Yeah the Pokemon I have is Lv.100 so just walking around and giving it barries right? Plus I never really need barries since he hardly gets hurt.

This is why I don't like Black and White! >-<

Yeah the Pokemon I have is Lv.100 so just walking around and giving it barries right? Plus I never really need barries since he hardly gets hurt.

This is why I don't like Black and White! >-<

EV Berries specifically, those are the ones you get from the Dream World.

There's also a woman in Castelia who will massage your Pokemon that will raise its happiness once a day.

if i sleep pokemon and won minigames with him on dream world, the face when i hover the mouse change, this means the pokemon happiness up ?.

concrete, the pokemon happiness up on dream world ?

if i sleep pokemon and won minigames with him on dream world, the face when i hover the mouse change, this means the pokemon happiness up ?.

concrete, the pokemon happiness up on dream world ?

The face it makes when you hover the mouse of it determines how many points you've earned during the play session.

DW_Ellipsis_Status.png
Less than 99
DW_Smile_Status.png
100-299
DW_Music_Note_Status.png
300-499
DW_Heart_Status.png
500+

The points are used to unlock new areas in the Dream World as well as new Pokemon.

I'm not sure I understood your question completely, did I answer it?

So I have 2 maybe not-so-simple questions that I hope to get answers to, one of which is a "game-ish" question so I hope this is the right place to put it forth.

1.) I have both a DS Lite and a 3DS. I also have Diamond, SoulSilver, Black and White. With all of these components, I would LOVE to be able to offer PokeTransfer services. However, due to the limitations of both the DS Lite and the Gen IV games, I am unable to get access to a reliable Wi-Fi connection to do so, since my home network uses an encryption type that is not supported by these (I can still do Wi-Fi trades/battles/whatnot with Gen V and my 3DS, just not with Gen IV or my DS Lite). I thought I could use my Gen IV games on my 3DS to do this since I thought it was just the DS that was causing issues, but it seems to be the games that do not support that encryption type either. Since it would be impossible to change the encryption type in my home as I'd have to change it on all of the network devices in my home (not to mention my dad wouldn't allow it), I was wondering if anyone knew of any way in which I could go about getting better or more expansive Wi-Fi access with the Gen IV games from my home (that is, without having to go to a "hotspot"). I used to piggyback on the unsecured, yet very weak, network of my neighbor (which never worked very well but it was doable), but they moved and no one nearby has an unencrypted network for me to "borrow" from time to time. I don't want to pay for "tethering" on my phone for access, either. I did see that Nintendo used to sell a Wi-Fi USB Connector that I thought might be helpful, but that has since been discontinued. Anyone here have any solutions/ideas? Please help!

2.) This query is related to my previous one. I was thinking of getting Platinum so I could replay Gen IV without having to restart my Diamond game. I have held off on getting it ever since I realized that I couldn't get a workable Wi-Fi connection through my Gen IV games. However, if Platinum doesn't have this issue, I would definitely get it so I can offer PokeTransfer services here. I would assume it would have the same issues as all of the Gen IV games since it was released before the Gen II remakes and I have had trouble with my SoulSilver version of the game, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know if Platinum has the same Wi-Fi limitations as the other Gen IV games?

Please help me with my questions if you can. I do apologize if neither one of these questions, particularly the first one, belongs here. I didn't know where else to ask for help. Let me know a.s.a.p. if you have any advice for me.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I recently got a Wii, so I don't know if there is a way I can use that network connection to connect the games/DS to an Internet/Wi-Fi connection.

^ In addition, if you get the heart, the Pokemon will level up when you bring it back to your game.

ok, so I imported my Pokemon white game from the US. So, will I be able to get that mewtwo via wifi in February?

Please quote or mention me while replying.

ok, so I imported my Pokemon white game from the US. So, will I be able to get that mewtwo via wifi in February?

Yes, you should be able to get i as long as you have working wi-fi as the game connects to the wi-fi server for English games. The game will connect to the server for its language, or example, I imported Black and White from japan, and am able to receive japanese wi-fi events on those games.

Yes, you should be able to get i as long as you have working wi-fi as the game connects to the wi-fi server for English games. The game will connect to the server for its language, or example, I imported Black and White from japan, and am able to receive japanese wi-fi events on those games.

awesome! thanks a lot!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom