• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

What happens if you give a Shedinja a Focus Sash?

Hiya. I got all 16 badges in SS and I'm planning to make a good team to fight Red. It's a long way in Mt Silver, so I don't want to lose. Of course I'll level up a lot and evolve them but can you help me pick my pokes? I want to use a different team from the ones I won the Indigo League with.

Candidates are buneary, cranidos, beldum, shinx, starly, ralts, tailow, and riolu. Some of them I caught in game, some of them I traded over.

I want a good team of six out of those candidates. Which do you recommend, and which moves would be preferred?

Hiya. I got all 16 badges in SS and I'm planning to make a good team to fight Red. It's a long way in Mt Silver, so I don't want to lose. Of course I'll level up a lot and evolve them but can you help me pick my pokes? I want to use a different team from the ones I won the Indigo League with.

Candidates are buneary, cranidos, beldum, shinx, starly, ralts, tailow, and riolu. Some of them I caught in game, some of them I traded over.

I want a good team of six out of those candidates. Which do you recommend, and which moves would be preferred?

This is the thread for Gen V, not IV, but anyways...

First of all, you might want a Pokemon with a weather move to get rid of that hail.

I'd definitely go with Luxray, as his Lapras, Charizard and Blastoise are all weak to Electric moves. He also resists both of Pikachu's STAB moves, which is helpful as Pikachu will likely outspeed any Pokemon you have. Intimidate would be preferred for him, if he has it. Thunderfang is his only real physical Electric option, but Thunderbolt is usable as he also has good Sp. Atk and it has higher base power. Superpower would be good for Snorlax (or Lapras, due to the ice typing).

Lucario would also be good for taking care of Snorlax/Lapras with Superpower. As Lucario gets STAB, he'll do more damage with it than Luxray and has a better chance of OHKO'ing Snorlax.

Rampardos would devastate Charizard with Head Smash, but I'd say he's too frail to take out any of the other members of Red's team. He also learns Rock Climb, which you need to reach the summit.

Staraptor is a solid choice with Brave Bird and Intimidate, and could be used to take out Venusaur.

Gardevoir could be outfitted with Psychic and Thunderbolt, being able to take out Venusaur or any of the Pokemon weak to Electric attacks.

For your final slot, I'd go with Metagross simply because he's got good attack and good defence. Meteor Mash and Earthquake are both good moves for him, although I don't really use him so I wouldn't know.

That's the best I can do for you, I hope it helps.

Last edited:

I'd definitely go with Luxray, as his Lapras, Charizard and Blastoise are all weak to Electric moves. He also resists two of Pikachu's moves and can hit him with a SE Earthquake.

...Luxray can learn Earthquake? How?

I'd definitely go with Luxray, as his Lapras, Charizard and Blastoise are all weak to Electric moves. He also resists two of Pikachu's moves and can hit him with a SE Earthquake.

Oops... turns out he can't. Thanks for pointing that out.

Aww man. I knew it was too good to be true. ;w;

Oops... turns out he can't. Thanks for pointing that out.

Aww man. I knew it was too good to be true. ;w;

Me too. At least Golurk can still fly, and Diglett can use Shadow Claw. And Mew can explode.

Shiny Starter (pokemon soul silver)

Hello, I know a thread like this has been done before but i couldn't find a definite answer for my question and the thread closed.
I know you can soft reset to get a shiny starter and that it takes along time (I've been at it for 4 days on and off). But in soul silver, I've read in places that you don't need to go to the summary to tell if its shiny and that when your picking it from the machine you'll be able to tell. Other places I have read that you do need to go to the summary to find out if the Pokemon is shiny. So I guess my question is, which is correct?

Re: Shiny Starter (pokemon soul silver)

Yeah, you can just check the sprites when selecting them. Example.

Also, this is the Bulbawiki forum, for discussing Bulbapedia, Bulbanews and the Bulbagarden Archives. For general Pokémon games discussion, see the Pokémon Video Game forum.

They can't? But that would be amazing!

I wish they would show how diglett uses that move in the anime. It's so annoying! His body type doesn't even show limbs.

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

In Pokémon G/S/C/HG/SS, is there a battle with Silver in Goldenrod City?
Also, any team recommendations for going up against the E4 and Lance in HG? I've got an overpowered Typhlosion, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. D:

Need Help in emerald

I am working my way through emerald and I went through Meteor Falls and out to Rustboro. I forgot to go to Lavaridge first and am stuck now since the boat to dewford and Slateport is stuck in slateport. How do I get back to Lavaridge?

Re: Need Help in emerald

Go through the Rusturf tunnel that leads to Verdenturf town. Then from verdenturf to mauville.

^Thanks. I'm currently writing a G/S/C/HG/SS novelization, and I wanted to have a double vs. double battle in it (Gold/Ethan and Lyra VS. Kris and Silver. It's those teams mostly because Gold/Ethan refused to team up with Silver, and Kris forced Silver to team up with her, only because she promised that with her on his side, he might be able to beat Gold/Ethan. It ends up as a tie, as both Silver and Lyra run out of Pokémon, while Kris' and Gold/Ethan's Pokémon faint on the same turn.) Since Kris beckons one random guy to be the referee of their match, I just thought Goldenrod suited it because there was so many people. :)

In Pokémon G/S/C/HG/SS, is there a battle with Silver in Goldenrod City?
Also, any team recommendations for going up against the E4 and Lance in HG? I've got an overpowered Typhlosion, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. D:
A Typhlosion won't get it, I had a Heracross and Swinub evo that starred in my team.

I've been power-training Gyarados, and playing the hell out of Voltorb Flip so I can get Ice Beam. I'll try look for Hearcross, anyone know where you can find it?

Headbutt trees. North side of the route coming east out of Ecruteak. It's close to the route gate.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom