• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: How do i trade/use AR hacked pokemon on wifi?

Don't used hacked Pokemon, its as simple as that.

Gen IV doesn't block hacks from WiFi fc trades and battles, but if you use them expect a lot of disconnections

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Can a hacked Pokémon from the GTS ban you from tournaments? I know this would have been asked before, but I can't be bothered to look for in through 111 pages.
If it is obviously hacked (as in, a Battle Video refuses to be uploaded because it says there is a problem with one of the Pokémon in the video while that Pokémon is in the video), then yes.

Please note that according to the rules of both Bulbagarden's Battle Centre and Global Trade Station, when using hacked Pokémon, you must outright admit to them being hacked before initiating the battle/trade.

As for your question, the answer is simple - make sure the Pokémon only knows moves it can normally learn, only has an ability it can normally have, has up to 510 EVs (and more than 255 in a single stat), was obtained in a location it can be obtained in and is a level that it can normally be.

Re: Hacked Pokemon?

Heya.

I have a hacked Celebi if you are interested. Or I can give you a legit one.

Hacked Pokemon don't mess up your game at all in my own experience, they don't do a lot. In fact they have a lot of advantages over other Pokemon due to some of the abilities people give them. Some people make up horror stories about hacked Pokemon - saying that they screw up almost everything, make your game go weird, corrupt things, etc. I've been lucky every single time though ^w^.

well if you're offering a legit one I'll take it:) is it on gen 4?
and yeah, i heard its not the actual pokemon that messes up your game but the codes used to get the pokemon that mess it up, and since i wouldnt acutally be hacking my own game i didnt think it would be an issue but i just wanted to make sure

Please note that according to the rules of both Bulbagarden's Battle Centre and Global Trade Station, when using hacked Pokémon, you must outright admit to them being hacked before initiating the battle/trade.

As for your question, the answer is simple - make sure the Pokémon only knows moves it can normally learn, only has an ability it can normally have, has up to 510 EVs (and no more than 255 in a single stat), was obtained in a location it can be obtained in and is a level that it can normally be.

Fixed :p

Mirage Island

I was just wondering what the most efficient way to find mirage island was. I've looked at the numbers for it and I just don't understand it. I've checked several videos and they either say obvious lies or show you how to hack to get there. If there are a few steps I can take daily that would make it so that I could find it legitimately, then I would appreciate it if you could fill me in. Also sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm new here.

Re: Mirage Island

Just ask the man in pacificlodge every day. I think it has to do with trainer ID #'s.

Heya.

Hacked Pokemon don't mess up your game at all in my own experience, they don't do a lot. In fact they have a lot of advantages over other Pokemon due to some of the abilities people give them. Some people make up horror stories about hacked Pokemon - saying that they screw up almost everything, make your game go weird, corrupt things, etc. I've been lucky every single time though ^w^.

and yeah, i heard its not the actual pokemon that messes up your game but the codes used to get the pokemon that mess it up, and since i wouldnt acutally be hacking my own game i didnt think it would be an issue but i just wanted to make sure

gen 5. :)

As for your question, the answer is simple - make sure the Pokémon only knows moves it can normally learn, only has an ability it can normally have, has up to 510 EVs (and no more than 255 in a single stat), was obtained in a location it can be obtained in and is a level that it can normally be.

Fixed :p
And that's why I need to stop posting after midnight xD

Re: Mirage Island

You just have to ask the old man in Pacifidlog everyday. But the chance of actually going to Mirage Island is extremely low.

Panicking!

I was trying to evolve my budew before lvl 19, so it could learn magical leaf, but I'm an idiot and raised it to lvl 18. My question is if I can get it happy enough and get it to evolve at lvl 19 will it learn the move at the same time as evolving? Thank you so much in advance!

Re: Panicking!

You may be Or not depending on a few things.

What level did you start raising it?

At least its just a budew. If it fails to evolve, you can always catch another and try again.

Yes, if it manages to evolve at level 19, it will learn the move at the same time of its evolution.

By the way, why would you want Magical Leaf? Isn't Giga Drain or Energy Ball better? Or is it just because Magical Leaf can't miss?

I started raising it at level 11. And frankly I'm not sure what's better, haha. I've never really put forth any effort in raising a grass type in Gen IV, so I'm not sure which attacks are better than others. XD And thanks you guys!
I was afraid to save my game for a minute there!

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Also, on my ruby game, I'm trying to go for a Feebas. What specific Pokeblocks do I need to feed it? And how many before it evolves? Is there any way I can check what its Beauty stat is?
The best colours for the evolution of Feebas are blue or indigo Pokéblocks and there isn't a specific amount of Pokéblocks needed because it depends on the strength of the block and you need to maximise its beauty stat by giving it strong enough blocks. You can see its condition stats by using the Pokénav, selecting condition then selecting party Pokémon and then like you would in summary find the Feebas. The stars mean the amount of Pokéblocks the Pokémon has taken and there is a maximum amount.

Alright so I am probably going to buy either fire red or leaf green soon. not sure which to pick, I was wondering if you could help me ddecide? I know the differences aren't that great just if you pick one tell me why you picked that thanks!

Okay, I FINALLY got the Feebas I wanted on Ruby after resetting at the Daycare over and over! I have a Mild female. Any tips on Berry Blender at Lilycove? I have the 6 Kelpsy Berries from route 115, no Pamtre Berries (haven’t done any contests yet), and while I have plenty of Chesto, Oran, Wepear, and Bluk berries, according to Psypokes those are terrible for evolving Feebas. I don’t have any Wiki, Hondew or Cornn Berries. The guy in Lilycove gave me a Persim Berry. The Berry Master/Pretty Petal Flower Shop isn’t helping because my internal clock has stopped.

What should I do?

Heya.

gen 5. :)

awww i'm on gen 4:(

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

What are the best moves to have for tyranitar with competetive battling? And whats a good nature?

I started raising it at level 11. And frankly I'm not sure what's better, haha. I've never really put forth any effort in raising a grass type in Gen IV, so I'm not sure which attacks are better than others. XD And thanks you guys!
I was afraid to save my game for a minute there!

First off, certain actions, like getting the Pokémon massaged/groomed, using vitamins or EV-lowering berries, or simply walking it around a lot with it in the party will raise its happiness without getting it closer to evolving.

Secondly, if it does make it past Level 19 before evolving and you still want the move, you can always take it to a Move Relearner as Roselia or Roserade. It costs a Heart Scale, but they're not that hard to find in Gen. IV, especially in Pt or HGSS.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom