• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Okay, I FINALLY got the Feebas I wanted on Ruby after resetting at the Daycare over and over! I have a Mild female. Any tips on Berry Blender at Lilycove? I have the 6 Kelpsy Berries from route 115, no Pamtre Berries (haven’t done any contests yet), and while I have plenty of Chesto, Oran, Wepear, and Bluk berries, according to Psypokes those are terrible for evolving Feebas. I don’t have any Wiki, Hondew or Cornn Berries. The guy in Lilycove gave me a Persim Berry. The Berry Master/Pretty Petal Flower Shop isn’t helping because my internal clock has stopped.

What should I do?

The type of Pokeblock you want is Blue in color, that has a Dry taste.
The nature of your Feebas is a little weird as it both likes and dislikes the same flavor, so take that into account.
You can get a Pamtre berry from the Berry Master's Wife by telling her the phrase: Challenge Contest.
Do NOT use Wepear berries as they are not Dry.
Persim, Oran, and Chesto berries aren't worth your time blending as they are only 10 on dryness scale.
Out of the list of berries you said you had, your best bet would be to go with your Kelpsie and Bluk berries, though i don't think those are enough to get max Beauty tbh, since their dry scal is also 10, along with adding to other stats besides Beauty.
If you can get your hands on that Pamtre berry i mentioned earlier, that might be your saving grace, depending on how good you are at blending, how many NPC's are blending with you, and if you blend with the Blending Master or not.
Just remember to SAVE before you do all this because you don't want to be stuck without any berries since you said your Time Based Events are gone.

I'm not sure how far along in the game you are so, sorry i can't be of much better help :[
Good Luck!

Re: Panicking!

I started raising it at level 11. And frankly I'm not sure what's better, haha. I've never really put forth any effort in raising a grass type in Gen IV, so I'm not sure which attacks are better than others. XD And thanks you guys!
I was afraid to save my game for a minute there!

First off, certain actions, like getting the Pokémon massaged/groomed, using vitamins or EV-lowering berries, or simply walking it around a lot with it in the party will raise its happiness without getting it closer to evolving.

Secondly, if it does make it past Level 19 before evolving and you still want the move, you can always take it to a Move Relearner as Roselia or Roserade. It costs a Heart Scale, but they're not that hard to find in Gen. IV, especially in Pt or HGSS.

i second this. If you work hard enough, it can happen. I was able to evolve my gifted Riolu to a Lucario by lvl.2 back in Pt lol

I know about the Pamtre Berry, but I haven't been able to win a contest as of yet! Or do I have to beat the Elite Four? because I'm nowhere NEAR that either! Any tips for Contests?

My team:

Combusken (double Kick, Bulk Up, Ember, Rock Smash)

Mightyena (Tackle, Bite, Howl Sand Attack)

Skitty (Covet, Faint Attack, Assist, Tail Whip)

Vigoroth (Strength, Bulk Up, Yawn, Cut)

Trapinch (Bite, Sand Attack, Faint Attack, Sand Tomb)

Feebas (Splash, Tackle, Surf, --)

Maybe I hould get that Ice Beam TM?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Is there any way to choose which moves you get in the DW? Do you have to get a certain score threshold to get a B or C move?

@PrimalDialgaPrime Try the Simple Questions thread from now on.

Anyway, aside from some hacking devices (not sure which), there's no true way to check their EVs. Unfortunately, recording EVs is pretty much mandatory.

Re: EV

Is there any way to choose which moves you get in the DW? Do you have to get a certain score threshold to get a B or C move?
Yes, certain scores determine what move you get. Although not much research has been done into it, so as far as your percentage to getting the move you want isn't certain. But, this page lists what thresholds you need to at least get to for a chance.

Is there a way to check how many EV your pokemon has? I don't want to record them all..

You could upload them to Pokecheck.

I know about the Pamtre Berry, but I haven't been able to win a contest as of yet! Or do I have to beat the Elite Four? because I'm nowhere NEAR that either!...

You don't have to beat the E4 or win a contest for the Pamtre Berry. The Berry Master's Wife lives on route 123.

Will the ability Technician be activated if a move like Double Hit is used?

I know about the Pamtre Berry, but I haven't been able to win a contest as of yet! Or do I have to beat the Elite Four? because I'm nowhere NEAR that either!...

You don't have to beat the E4 or win a contest for the Pamtre Berry. The Berry Master's Wife lives on route 123.

Okay, then. Why is Contest not there in the 'C' word bank then? I DID try out some Contests now (and lost horribly) so, will it show up now?

Will the ability Technician be activated if a move like Double Hit is used?
Yes. Which is why my older brother kicked serious butt at least year's VGC with Cinccino.

I've noticed that when my Swoobat faints after having used Future Sight (but before the actual attack hits) that Future Sight doesn't seem to connect to the target Pokémon. Is this normal or a change made in Gen 5? There isn't a message of it specifically failing, just that it isn't mentioned at all during the battle after she faints.

Been wondering about this since last Nov. :/

I'm grinding to get my team to level 50, before changelings the elite four, Does anyone know any good grinding places.

Anywhere between Opelucid and the League itself.

I've noticed that when my Swoobat faints after having used Future Sight (but before the actual attack hits) that Future Sight doesn't seem to connect to the target Pokémon. Is this normal or a change made in Gen 5? There isn't a message of it specifically failing, just that it isn't mentioned at all during the battle after she faints.

Been wondering about this since last Nov. :/

Well, I can't find anything that specifies what happens if the Pokemon faints after using Future Sight. But I once had a Gothitelle use Future Sight, then faint exactly two turns later, and immediately after fainting, Future Sight still hit the other Pokemon. Maybe it won't connect if the Pokemon faints within two turns?

I'm grinding to get my team to level 50, before changelings the elite four, Does anyone know any good grinding places.
The two Stadiums in Nimbassa City are also useful, although they have a limited number of trainers who can only be defeated once a day. Their Pokémon are in the 60-65 range.

The two Stadiums in Nimbassa City are also useful, although they have a limited number of trainers who can only be defeated once a day. Their Pokémon are in the 60-65 range.

Ive been using the stadiums ( the pokemon are level 40-45 to me I don't think they jump that high until after the 4 are defeated. thanks for the advice I should be abusing the lucky egg more.

Rumble Blast Legacy Mode

I have a few questions about Rumble Blast Legacy Mode.

1. What is it?
2. What does it do?
3. How do you activate it? I tried to at World rank 9 but it didn't work using what I read on Serebii
4. What are it's benefits????

I'd be grateful for any feedback

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom