• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Are the trainers in the big stadium/small court rebattleable indefinitely? Today I went there, and all the same trainers as last time I went (2 days ago) were still there, and refused to battle again. Has anybody else had this problem, an is it permanent?

If you change the time/date of your DS, it gets screwed up and you won't be able to fight them for a day.

Actually, I was playing on a different DS than I was last time, would that affect it in the same way?

I'm not sure, but I think it will. I recall it happening when I played my Black on my DS Lite when I normally would play on my 3DS. I think the dates should be the same, not sure about the time though. But based on how I understand it, only the dates are important.

If you have problem with clock based events, set the DS time to 23:58 of yesterday's date and load your game so the midnight would pass while you're in-game. Then save, turn DS off, set your clock back to current time and you're all set. The game allows you to change time with no repercussions (possibly to allow you to adjust time if your DS clock is too fast or too slow), but date changes are somehow prohibited.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

HG/SS also work.

The only thing is PBR doesn't allow Giratina's Origin Forme or Rotom's appliance forms and special moves.

How long does it take Shuckle to produce a Rare Candy from an Oran Berry?

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Is it possible to breed Night Slash and Twineedle onto a Sniper Spinarak? I wish that there was an updated version of Seedot's moveset calculator available, but there isn't...

I think you can get both moves onto Skorupi can't you? And just breed that with a female sniper spinarak?

Skorupi (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

According to this, Skorupi can only get twinneedle from beedrill or that knight thing (i dont know genV english names), neither of which seem to learn night slash. Does this mean I'm out of luck?

Yeah, unfortunately you cannot have those two moves together on a Spinarak, they both require different parents with nothing learning both (in the correct egg group).

Lileep evolves to Cradily at Lv. 40.
Lileep learns AncientPower at 43, but Cradily at 36. So it's impossible to learn normally.

Should I evolve Lileep in 40 and get AncientPower by move relearner or wait it to learn in 43 and then evolve? What's the difference? (Does that affect EVs?)

Lileep learns AncientPower at 43, but Cradily at 36. So it's impossible to learn normally.

Should I evolve Lileep in 40 and get AncientPower by move relearner or wait it to learn in 43 and then evolve? What's the difference? (Does that affect EVs?)
I'm not sure if the move relearner would allow your Cradily to learn AncientPower at 40 if it never learned it at all. But to be safe, just level Lileep to 43 first since it doesn't really affect the EVs. Only the EV-lowering berries can affect your Pokemon's EVs.

I'm not sure if the move relearner would allow your Cradily to learn AncientPower at 40 if it never learned it at all. But to be safe, just level Lileep to 43 first since it doesn't really affect the EVs. Only the EV-lowering berries can affect your Pokemon's EVs.

If the move is in the pokemon's movepool prior to its current level then you can relearn it at the move relearners. The move relearner doesn't just apply to moves that you have actually had it know and then deleted. For example, Dewott cannot learn Megahorn, you evolve it into a Samurott and take it to the move relearners and Samu can learn Megahorn.

Shuckle Rare Candy

Okay, so apparently they removed the capacity for a Shuckle to produce a Rare Candy from an Oran Berry in Gen V. It used to be able to produce one from Berry-->Berry Juice-->Rare Candy in Gen II, Oran Berry-->Berry Juice-->Rare Candy in Gen III and I think that continued forward into Gen IV.
HOW LONG did it take to produce a Rare Candy in Gen IV? Is it a certain number of steps, minutes, hours, what!?
Thanks in advance for the help!

If the move is in the pokemon's movepool prior to its current level then you can relearn it at the move relearners. The move relearner doesn't just apply to moves that you have actually had it know and then deleted. For example, Dewott cannot learn Megahorn, you evolve it into a Samurott and take it to the move relearners and Samu can learn Megahorn.

I see. I never knew...thanks for informing me.

The evolution has higher base stats, wouldn't a Pokémon be able to earn more EVs if evolved earlier than another evolved later?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom