• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Ohh so I'm not limited by the base stats after all (only by the universal maximum EV number per status per total)!!?
Haha! :)

I got a question about Dream World... It doesn't seem to want to recharge on Black now, and I was wondering both what might have caused this and how I can fix it.

Did you switch over to Daylight Savings Time? If so, the time switch prevents you from using Game Sync for another day.

Nope, it's been on cooldown now for what seems like a week. I can still get on with white, but it has a serious hate-on for the black cartridge.

Concerning the Reshiram/Zekrom US distribution, I've been soft resetting to try and get a Reshiram with a timid nature and I keep getting the same ~10 natures, none of which are timid. Do I just have terrible luck, or is there a fix on the possible natures you can get from this distribution? I've been doing this for awhile, so I have a petty good sample size.

Guess you were right, just started trying again, got quirky 5 times in a row and finally a timid. Thanks!

Question - Is there a possible way for a Prankster Sableye to learn both Sucker Punch and Recover? I faced one in the VGC last week and have only just now realised that according to Bulbapedia, it shouldn't be possible. However, Pokémon Online doesn't flag it up as an illegal combination - so is there a way?

EDIT: Just found out it's legal. A friend explained it as thus:
However, a 4th gen male Sableye bred with Recover can be tutored Sucker Punch in HGSS, and then bred with female Prankster Sableye, thus making this a legal combination.

Last edited:

If I breed a red basculin with a ditto, am I only going to get red basculin offspring?

I believe Red Basculin will always yield Red Basculin, and Blue Basculin will always yield Blue Basculin.

Moves in 3D games

What do moves like Double Kick look like in Stadium, Colosseum, XD, and Battle Revolution does it show the pokemon kicking the target?

Since breeding Nidoran F and Illumise can result in Nidoran M and Volbeat offspring respectively, could these offspring inherit their hidden abilities from a DW mother?

Since breeding Nidoran F and Illumise can result in Nidoran M and Volbeat offspring respectively, could these offspring inherit their hidden abilities from a DW mother?

My dream-bred level 100 nidoking says hi.
(Do be sure not to evolve the potential mother in this case, because Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed.)

Question - Is there a possible way for a Prankster Sableye to learn both Sucker Punch and Recover? I faced one in the VGC last week and have only just now realised that according to Bulbapedia, it shouldn't be possible. However, Pokémon Online doesn't flag it up as an illegal combination - so is there a way?

EDIT: Just found out it's legal. A friend explained it as thus:
However, a 4th gen male Sableye bred with Recover can be tutored Sucker Punch in HGSS, and then bred with female Prankster Sableye, thus making this a legal combination.

If you have any queries about an egg move combinations' legality, you can always ask me since I breed (bred, haven't done many for a while) loads :3

Yep!

Perhaps this is an obvious question...
Ok so say a 2 stage 'mon evolves at 25, but you restrict it from levelling until... let's say, 35. Ignoring all IVs and EVs, would the level-inhibited 'mon have lower stats at 100 than the one you let evolve right away? I've been wondering about this for a while, but never tested it out.

Perhaps this is an obvious question...
Ok so say a 2 stage 'mon evolves at 25, but you restrict it from levelling until... let's say, 35. Ignoring all IVs and EVs, would the level-inhibited 'mon have lower stats at 100 than the one you let evolve right away? I've been wondering about this for a while, but never tested it out.

Assuming IV's and EV's are equal for both, there'd be no difference.

Is there an attendance max for VGC regionals this year? I haven't seen one anywhere so I'm guessing not.

I may sound stupid, but I want to clarify some important stuff.

I heard that Steel-types are immune to poison, but a friend told me that they CAN be poisoned one way or another. How?? By the ability Poison Point? Spore? By holding Poison-orbs? By getting Synchronized with the poisoned opponenet?? By Toxic Spikes? HOW???

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom