• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

This is probably a stupid question but well... How it is determined wich box your newly caught pokemon goes? I keep getting new pokemon but they seem to go to my boxes completely at random. And they're defenately not going where I want them to go! It's annoying having to always go to the pc after catching new pokemon to rearrange it.

The pokemon goes to which Box you last viewed when you were looking at the PC. If it is full, it automatically goes to the next numbered box instead. If you have not looked at the Pokemon Boxes at all, it goes to the 1st numerically available box .

What's the best place(s) to train special attack, special defense, and speed at?
For Black version.

What's the best place(s) to train special attack, special defense, and speed at?
For Black version.

Sp. Atk: Litwick: Celestial Tower F2-5 = +1 EV
Elgyem: Celectial Tower F3-5 = +1 EV

Sp. Def: Frillish: Routes 4, 17, 18, Driftveil City = +1 EV

Speed: Joltik: Chargestone Cave = +1 EV
Woobat: Challenger's Cave, Mistralton Cave, Twist Mountain, Victory Road, Wellspring Cave = +1 EV

Basculin: Routes 1, 3, 6, Striaton City = +2 EVs

C-Gear not functioning properly?

So, I was going on the Dream World today, and I turned on my C-Gear so I can claim my DW Arceus. It said it needed a day for it to recharge. I waited for one and a half days since last time I was at the DW. So, what's the deal? Thanks!

I've been waiting for a heck of a long time, and this post has had 50 views, can someone at least try to help me? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: C-Gear not functioning properly?

Have you put your game in more than one DS in that time?

Okay. Then the only other thing that immediately comes to my mind is if you changed the time on your DS.

Alright. I managed to find this on Pokemon.com http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=708 See if that helps? If not, maybe try contacting their tech support.

Edit: wait, are you saying you DID change the time on your DS? That's why it's screwed up. Changing the time causes the dream world energy to drain. Don't fiddle with the time for 24 straight hours and it should be okay.

Edit: wait, are you saying you DID change the time on your DS? That's why it's screwed up. Changing the time causes the dream world energy to drain. Don't fiddle with the time for 24 straight hours and it should be okay.
Not quite. I waited for a straight 24 hours, it wasn't working, so I tried changing the time.

Hmm. Yeah, just try to be patient and wait a full day or two. Arceus won't be going anywhere until May. You still have about a month to wait.

I entered the code for Arceus, and it worked fine and all that, but I have yet to claim him from my Home, will he still be there even after the event is over?

Yes, as long as you logged in and entered the code, he should still be there until you do.

Ok, Thank you.

Wait, one more thing, if I get the Event Zekrom/Reshiram, will the Special Home thing still work after they stop distriputing the Pokemon? I know, it's basically the same question.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Hey everyone, sorry for such a lame question (and I'm not entirely sure if this goes here) but is there a way to reset the Pokéwalker? My sister (PurplePlum) restarted her HeartGold game and now the Pokéwalker, which was already attached to her previous save file, won't connect to her DS. Anyway to fix it? I've already opened up the back to see if there's a button, but no luck. :/

On the system, when you go to the Pokewalker Menu, the only button that should be there, is "Save, Then go on a Stroll," on that screen, press Down + X + L. Try that, see if it works.
@Magmarashi

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey everyone, sorry for such a lame question (and I'm not entirely sure if this goes here) but is there a way to reset the Pokéwalker? My sister (PurplePlum) restarted her HeartGold game and now the Pokéwalker, which was already attached to her previous save file, won't connect to her DS. Anyway to fix it? I've already opened up the back to see if there's a button, but no luck. :/

Did you try this?:
Pokéwalker Bulbapedia Article said:
Reset settings
Once a Pokémon is forcefully retrieved from the system, the Pokéwalker which holds the Pokémon's details is unusable. A Pokéwalker's settings must be deleted and reset before making it usable again. The settings on the game can be reset and deleted by pressing and holding Down, X, and L at the Pokéwalker connection screen. This must be done to avoid a cloning glitch. After resetting a Pokéwalker, it may be synced with another game, or a new file.
It should also be noted that when synced with a new game, the Pokéwalker will become the language the game is. For example, if a Pokéwalker that came with a Japanese game is synced with an English game, after syncing, the Pokéwalker would be in English. This proves that very little data is stored on the Pokéwalker itself; most likely only the Pokémon on it and the player's party is stored on it. The latter is for the Trainer House.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom