• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Why do I tend to see alot of Shiny Latioses online?

Oh yeah, Do any of the Pokemon in the Entree Forest, Pokemon you get in Dream World, dissapear?

Is it a 100% catch rate with any Pokeball in the Pokemon in Entree Forest?

And, most importantly, is pie pie?

People use cheats to get flawless Pokémon, I'd assume.

Oh yeah, Do any of the Pokemon in the Entree Forest, Pokemon you get in Dream World, dissapear?

Only when you catch them.

Yup.

Duh.

People use cheats to get flawless Pokémon, I'd assume.

Only when you catch them.

Yup.

Duh.

Awesome.

And now thanks to you, I can hail this golden Pie I found on the ground.

Told to move this post over here. nom nom copypasta.

I posted an Uxei to the GTS for an Entei level 11+. A min or two later after using the search function, I went to look back it my Uxei to double check the level selected. I disconnected instead. Reconnected and was greeted with a pokeball falling from the sky much to my surprise and curiosity. The ball opened and out poped... Magikarp? Wat. I opened up my PC to take a look at it. Swift Swim. Arrived from Johto at level 1. Splash.

no fake GTS or DNS settings played with in the last few months. I had pulled out a Nidoqueen which was traded for a Smeargal of mine before posting the Uxei.

So then...

What just happened to me?

is arceus still befriendable in DW/and how do I get him?

Yes.

You go to the Pokemon Global Link site, click on promotions, select the Arceus event, type in the password.
OK, well, I did this and followed the DW steps to sending a pokemon to the entee forest, but when I went to the entree forest, arceus wasn't there. Did I do something wrong?

Yes.

You go to the Pokemon Global Link site, click on promotions, select the Arceus event, type in the password.
OK, well, I did this and followed the DW steps to sending a pokemon to the entee forest, but when I went to the entree forest, arceus wasn't there. Did I do something wrong?

Arceus is, by default, sent deep in the forest. If you have room in the Deep Clearing, it will be there. If you don't have room, Arceus will be located in the clearing just before you reach that one. Just go straight back and you should find him.

Can I use WFC in black with using WPA 2, because we tried to connect but it wasn't a succes. We had both a 3ds.

Can I use WFC in black with using WPA 2, because we tried to connect but it wasn't a succes. We had both a 3ds.
Both WEP and WPA can be used with Pokémon Black and White when used in a DSi, DSi XL or Nintendo 3DS. I would first check to see if your firewall isn't blocking it, or if there's any problems with the connection etc.

If your 3DS can connect to the internet normally, you can connect with BW.

Trying to IV breed a Staraptor with Reckless

Mother - Staravia with Reckless (caught in DW this week)
Father - Staravia (with Double Edge from Togetic)

I've produced about 20 eggs, but every single offspring has Keen Eye. Statistically I should have ~8 with Reckless. At worst, I should have at least a couple. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Trying to IV breed a Staraptor with Reckless

Mother - Staravia with Reckless (caught in DW this week)
Father - Staravia (with Double Edge from Togetic)

I've produced about 20 eggs, but every single offspring has Keen Eye. Statistically I should have ~8 with Reckless. At worst, I should have at least a couple. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Did you evolve them into Staravia to see if they had Reckless? Because Starly don't have a DW Ability until they evolve. :T

Did you evolve them into Staravia to see if they had Reckless? Because Starly don't have a DW Ability until they evolve. :T

I had not. Will give that a try.

Edit: Yup. I knew I was missing something blatantly obvious.

Thanks

Last edited:

Yes.

Arceus is, by default, sent deep in the forest. If you have room in the Deep Clearing, it will be there. If you don't have room, Arceus will be located in the clearing just before you reach that one. Just go straight back and you should find him.

Ok! I tried that, and it worked! Thanks!

Re: Do you have any shiny pokemon from the older games?

Hey people is this thread now dead? If not:

I just got a DS and am re-living my childhood by trying to get back into pokemon. As far as I was concerned until recently there was only 151 Pokemon. Anyways, being a noob that knows only red and blue versions on Game Boy I am trying to figure out exactly how everything works now. It is still such a mystery. Wifi connections and events and whatnot as compared to the old faithful game link cable.

Not sure how exactly to get wifi set up and actually trade and/or get event pokemon...should have got that lvl 70 Mewtwo I read about but couldnt figure it out...DAMN TECHNOLOGY!!! Plus none of my friends really play DS to trade with...lol at being 24 and STILL into Pokemon!!! Enough about my problems so onto the real issue: SHINY Pokemon (which I am also just learning about now!!!) Im guessing are the strangely coloured ones with a star in their summary. As it turns out, I bought PEARL second-hand and somebodies save file was already there with a complete (I think 493) Pokedex.

Also, there were a few shinies and some other ones that instead of a star on their summaries: they have a little smiley face. My questions are: ARE they cheated shinies (which Im fairly certain they are) and IF I some how get them to my BRAND NEW white version will they ruin it in any way? Also, what ARE the SMILEY POKEMON???

The SMILEYS are:
Blaziken lvl 58
Charizard lvl 100

And the SHINIES are:
Rayquaza lvl 60
Salamence lvl 60
Shinx lvl 12
Geodude lvl 21
Raikou lvl 16
Entei lvl 100
Moltres lvl 50
Gyarados lvl 35
Typhlosion lvl 100

ANY help or advice would be SAWEEEEET!!!!

Hey people is this thread now dead? If not:

I just got a DS and am re-living my childhood by trying to get back into pokemon. As far as I was concerned until recently there was only 151 Pokemon. Anyways, being a noob that knows only red and blue versions on Game Boy I am trying to figure out exactly how everything works now. It is still such a mystery. Wifi connections and events and whatnot as compared to the old faithful game link cable.

Not sure how exactly to get wifi set up and actually trade and/or get event pokemon...should have got that lvl 70 Mewtwo I read about but couldnt figure it out...DAMN TECHNOLOGY!!! Plus none of my friends really play DS to trade with...lol at being 24 and STILL into Pokemon!!! Enough about my problems so onto the real issue: SHINY Pokemon (which I am also just learning about now!!!) Im guessing are the strangely coloured ones with a star in their summary. As it turns out, I bought PEARL second-hand and somebodies save file was already there with a complete (I think 493) Pokedex.

Also, there were a few shinies and some other ones that instead of a star on their summaries: they have a little smiley face. My questions are: ARE they cheated shinies (which Im fairly certain they are) and IF I some how get them to my BRAND NEW white version will they ruin it in any way? Also, what ARE the SMILEY POKEMON???

The SMILEYS are:
Blaziken lvl 58
Charizard lvl 100

And the SHINIES are:
Rayquaza lvl 60
Salamence lvl 60
Shinx lvl 12
Geodude lvl 21
Raikou lvl 16
Entei lvl 100
Moltres lvl 50
Gyarados lvl 35
Typhlosion lvl 100

ANY help or advice would be SAWEEEEET!!!!

Moving this to the Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread. I'll answer your questions there.

EDIT:

To answer your questions:

Not sure how exactly to get wifi set up and actually trade and/or get event pokemon...

Info on Nintendo Wifi <--CLICK

Things to remember:
-If you have a DS/DS Lite, the type of wifi security you must have is WEP.
-If you have anything other than a DS/DS Lite (like a DSi/3DS/ect.) you can use wifi security WPA (if the game permits, if not, you must again use WEP)

Info on Shiny Pokemon <-CLICK.

The pokemon with the smiley faces are pokemon that have at one time contracted the (beneficial) virus known as Pokérus. Once they have been cured, a smiley face is left on their info page to show this.

Info on Pokérus <-CLICK.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here. (so long as they pertain to any pokemon game/feature before Gen 5. The Gen 5 Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread is located here <--CLICK)

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply but Im still trying to wrap my head around 'shinies.' What the frig does xor mean? its like some type of algebra I never learned!!! :S

Thanks for the reply but Im still trying to wrap my head around 'shinies.' What the frig does xor mean? its like some type of algebra I never learned!!! :S

Don't worry too much about the math. All you need to know is that in normal gameplay, you have a 1/8192 chance of a wild Pokemon being generated as shiny.

It has to do with math. Basically it means one but not both, like you use "or" in everyday English.
Xor is short for exclusive or.
Since "or", as logic in math is the same as "and/or" anywhere else, mathematicians needed a way to exclude the "and" part, so they created xor.

I had a shiny doduo in silver until someone accidentally overwrote my file, but nowadays I can't save to silver.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

even though I have NO IDEA about a lot of stuff going on around here: tis all mumbo jumbo (although I REALLY want to understand and eventually WILL) I may just know the cause of Silver not saving. I had the same problem a few years back and was told the internal battery inside the game cartridge itself has run dry and needs to be replaced.

Edit: OK simple question:
The shinies and the pokemon that have had pokerus I mentioned above in my first post, can they do any harm if traded to my brand new Pokemon White game? Like crash it or something...for example: remember missingno. from Red and Blue how it jumbled the Wall-of-Fame?! Because the ones I mentioned have obviously been obtained through cheats (which I also dont understand how they are even done atm...haha!...AND I dont understand trading as it is today AT ALL...massive lol)
Sorry to anyone out there going: STFU noobie noobie noobski!!! (cos theres defs AT LEAST one!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom