• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Nope, Pokerus is not a glitch at all; it's a valid gameplay mechanic created by Game Freak. The only impact it will have on your game is a positive one. Like yourlilemogirl suggested, you should read the Bulbapedia article on Pokerus to properly understand its effect on Pokemon EVs.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

even though I have NO IDEA about a lot of stuff going on around here: tis all mumbo jumbo (although I REALLY want to understand and eventually WILL) I may just know the cause of Silver not saving. I had the same problem a few years back and was told the internal battery inside the game cartridge itself has run dry and needs to be replaced.

Edit: OK simple question:
The shinies and the pokemon that have had pokerus I mentioned above in my first post, can they do any harm if traded to my brand new Pokemon White game? Like crash it or something...for example: remember missingno. from Red and Blue how it jumbled the Wall-of-Fame?! Because the ones I mentioned have obviously been obtained through cheats (which I also dont understand how they are even done atm...haha!...AND I dont understand trading as it is today AT ALL...massive lol)
Sorry to anyone out there going: STFU noobie noobie noobski!!! (cos theres defs AT LEAST one!!!)

If you suspect them of being hacked, one thing you can do to check is to upload them to Pokécheck (<--CLICK) to make sure. If you don't want hacks in your new game, just in case you fear for your cart's save file's safety, then don't send them over.

Access Point not supported?

So we recently got a new router and now I have to reset my wireless settings on my DS; however when I try to search for an Access Point it just tells me The Access Point's Secuirty settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS". That is all.
Anyone know what this means? Can it be fixed?

Re: Access Point not supported?

Does the router use WPA or WEP?

Because I think the Nintendo DS only works with WEP.

If probably means you are using a Nintendo DS/DS Lite and your new connection has a WPA encryption; BW can only support WPA when played in a DSi/XL or a 3DS.

You can change your encryption to WEP if you type the IP address that should be attached to your router into the address bar.

@Joshawott well that I already but sad that I can't use wpa now I have to change it :s

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Im training to battle red atm, but i need to know is my team strong enough?

Dragonite lvl 71
Jolteon lvl 70
Gengar lvl 70
Feraligatr lvl 70
Typhlosion lvl 70
Tyranitar llv 70

If probably means you are using a Nintendo DS/DS Lite and your new connection has a WPA encryption; BW can only support WPA when played in a DSi/XL or a 3DS.

You can change your encryption to WEP if you type the IP address that should be attached to your router into the address bar.

Darn. Its WPA... I don't want to mess with the settings since I'm rather inept at it. Now I somewhat regret buying the second-newest model when I bought a DS XD (DSi was only just out at the time, but I felt like saving a few bucks and bought Lite)

I've got a question for people on here that should know about the Friend Guard ability.

Now I'm aware it reduces the damage done to an ally by 25% however is it possible for it to stack in Double or possibly even Triple Battles? Like for example if you use a Jigglypuff and a Clefairy, would the damage reduced to an ally be limited to 25% or would it be increased to 50%?

If I wanted to make a new Global Link account and had my old one deleted, can I use my same Game Sync ID or do I need to restart my game?

Im training to battle red atm, but i need to know is my team strong enough?

Dragonite lvl 71
Jolteon lvl 70
Gengar lvl 70
Feraligatr lvl 70
Typhlosion lvl 70
Tyranitar llv 70

You should do fine. :)

Lead with Tyranitar. No Hail means a less effective Blizzard, though your Jolteon should be able to OHKO both his Blastoise and Lapras.

@MattKira; I believe it does not stack. It would be incredibly broken in Triples if you could reach 75% damage reduction...

Why do some of my Pokémon glow before a battle?

I know that some Pokémon glow before battles, my Swampert, Sceptile and Raichu do it. But I have no idea why. I am not interested in a list of Pokémon that may be able to glow, or what colours they glow, but could anyone tell me WHY they glow? Thanks :).

Re: Why do some of my Pokémon glow before a battle?

What do you mean by glow? Do they sparkle whenever they come out of their pokeballs?

Unless this guy has somehow obtained tons of shinies without even realizing that they exist, I think he's either referencing the little dust of sand that comes out when larger Pokemon enter in BW, or perhaps he's caught them using rare Pokeballs like Premier Balls which have a sparkle effect.

or perhaps he's caught them using rare Pokeballs like Premier Balls which have a sparkle effect.
This is what I was thinking... except 2 of the 3 she listed are starters (i.e. only available in normal balls with no effect)

I know what you're talking about, LB, but I don't know what it's called.

Some of these people probably never played Emerald (I think it happens there the most)

Definitely not. Nothing wrong with them, no hold items, nothing. And *she. My friend has a Blaziken that started to glow red recently, but mine doesn't. I wondered if maybe it was to do with their happiness or another stat?

Yeah, the only game I've ever seen it on was Emerald. It's part of Swampert and Blazikens' animation on there (I think Raichu, too), but I don't remember about Sceptile. If that's not the game this is happening on, I have no clue.

If it's Emerald, some pokémon glow as part of their release animations, including backsprites. I know Blaziken does glow red and Raichu flashes yellow.

I don't remember if that happens with other games, but it might.

If I wanted to make a new Global Link account and had my old one deleted, can I use my same Game Sync ID or do I need to restart my game?

Does this help?:

I have a quick question on the Game Sync feature of Pokemon Black/White. I currently have both a copy of Black and White synced up, but I am looking at starting a new game on one of my version. Does anyone know if I will be able to un-register and re-register the new save files? Or I am stuck with the two saves files linked to the games I currently have loaded?

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows the answer.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not really sure what you mean by un-register (are you talking about it being linked to your dream world account?) but you can delete your save file to make a new one, you'll just never be able to load your old one again, cuz ya know, you have to delete it in order to start over.

I mean that on the dream world account you can have two games registered, 1 black and 1 white. If I were to start a new game on black for example, would i be able to register that game file save to the dream world? I can't see any way of removing the activated game. Is it even possible or would I be stuck with a registered game I cant actually sync too?

From what I remember another person asking about this last year, that is your answer. Though @bluesun or @Miyr may know better.

Edit: @s|ush found the post I was thinking of:
I have very little resistance to the truth, I need to restart my white. but I have a pokemon in the dream world, and to top things off I might get a new global link code. meaning that I can't it back. not that much of a worry. but to register for tournaments. any help?

this please help me

I don't know what you're trying to ask for, but hopefully this will answer it.
Restarting a game will lock you out from your current PGL account and you'll need to make a new one. You'll still be able to access it but it will no longer be linked to a game so will be essentially useless.
Online tournaments you've registered for are part of PGL, so you'll be locked out of them too. Once you get a new GSID you can reregister though.
Official tournaments like the VGC shouldn't mind if you've restarted your White or not, so long as it's not got any hacks on it.

EDIT2: there is also this post that you might find helpful @s|ush

I may be late for this, but if you lose the game file you synched with your Global Link account, you can't keep your history, but you can still use the same account. Go to support.pokemon and open a question about it (the data you need to include is in one of the FAQs (I think it's called "my game file got accidentally erased" or something like that). Anyway, you submit that question and somebody in support deletes your GSID so you can use a new one. But, as I said, you basically start from scratch - just using the same account.

I don't mind this just that I can use the same Game Sync ID, Thank you :)

Just make sure that in your inquiry you include your pokemon.com username, DOB, and ..some other info that I can't remember right now :T

For more info on some relegated steps, see this post below:
Well, for starters, you should have included all of the info in the original question. The requirements are in the FAQ, although I still can't remember the name for the question. Anyway, if you have already submitted the question and obtained a response, you have to update it. To do that, you go to the support center, click My Support History (you may be redirected to pokemon.com to log in and redirected again to support.pokemon), and click on the number for your question.

Now, I'm supposing that the question will be marked "Solution Suggested". It may not be, since they're asking for more info, in which case, there will probably be a comment button somewhere on the page, just scroll down and look for it. Comment, Update, or anything that looks like it. If you let 7 days pass (as I did <.< with another issue, though), it will be marked as Closed and you'll have to open another question.

Anyway, if it is marked as a solution, you can Decline the solution, and in the comments box give them the info they want. You could also accept it, I suppose, but I haven't had the chance to do that, so it might automatically close the question.

Hope that helps you.

EDIT: Going back to a still open question of my own, I see that your question will probably be marked as "needs more info". Just scroll down until you find a button there among "Actions". Maybe "Provide Additional Info" or something of the sort. Just look around. And don't forget that Google is God, and we can pray to Google for guidance - that's how I found the support.pokemon page and the GSID solution in the first place.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom