• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Fake Pokemon Red box??

If its a used copy the box may have been lost and replaced?
Is there a Nintendo Seal on the box or the game? It should be on both.
Nintendo_seal_of_quality.jpg

I had a fake game where the seal was on the box but not the game itself.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

How come I can't get into Unown's lair in Rumble Blast? I beat dark rust already and I beat rotom hideout... (Was that the problem?) Even if I did beat rotom hideout, how do you make the hole appear again?

It's randomly open and closed. Just keep coming back to the area, and eventually you should find that it has opened.

@Miles101; Yeah, like Shiny Celebi said, it might be a good idea to raise your team a little :) I'd recommend Audino hunting, and using the lucky egg. You'll be done in no time.

It is real. That's how the older games were (or the older releases of the older games)... instead of a carboard insert which holds the cartridge there was a little sleeve like the one in your picture. My Red Version box is exactly like that and mine was bought new from a retail store back when the game was still being sold so it's not possibly a fake.
Edit - Actually, my cardboard sleeve is slightly different. It folds over the cartridge. But my guess is that yours is real... it's probably just a slight variation in the box manufacturer or perhaps it's a slightly newer release.

This is not Gen V related, so moving to Lost Tower.

Edit: Actually, @jgdogg182; this belongs in the Simple Question Simple Answer thread, so I'm merging it with that. In future ask any simple questions there.

Last edited:
quick breeding question.

Hello,
I just want to know if i am doing this right, I have a male Lapras and female Lapras...in the day care and they are producing eggs and so far i have 3 lvl 1 Lapras. what I want to make sure is that I now have a 1 in 8000 chance of breeding a shiny Lapras?

Re: quick breeding question.

Hello,
I just want to know if i am doing this right, I have a male Lapras and female Lapras...in the day care and they are producing eggs and so far i have 3 lvl 1 Lapras. what I want to make sure is that I now have a 1 in 8000 chance of breeding a shiny Lapras?

If I'm correct, there's a 1/8192 chance of breeding a shiny normally. However, if you breed a for example Japanese Ditto or any other foreign Pokemon that is in the same Egg Group with an English Lapras/any other Pokemon (English if you have an English game; if you have a different language game, then whatever language the game is), there is a 1/1366 chance (in Black and White; Gen four has a 1/1639 chance with Masuda Method).

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

@turtlekid

1) yes you can play the game, you just can't grow berries or make a shell bell
2) that depends, go to your house, then to the clock in your room. if the clock stopped at a time between (3pm - 9pm or 3am - 9am) that means its permanently low tide at Shoal Cave, which will allow you to catch Spheal and Snorunt. If not, then you're out of luck there. The other thing you could do is restart and set the clock (to the game, not your DS) to any time between those hours.
3) depending on what you hear it can be easy, though you'd need tri-head screw (not sure of its official name) and of course the new battery. i do believe some soldering is needed (unless you care to only go the electrical tape route) Though honestly i'm not too sure :X

I've had a similar problem with my Sapphire; do you know if the battery can be replaced without losing my save file or completely screwing up the cartridge?

wow quoting a post i made back in July! lol
Any-who, i'm not too sure about R/S, but i do know that in G/S/C if you replace the battery the save is wiped. I can only assume the same goes for R/S :(

EDIT: although, after a little digging i found this answer:
profglitch.proboards.com said:
It is true that GSC rely on the battery to hold game saves, but Ruby and Sapphire keep their saves in flash memory on the cart, and the battery is used only to keep time. Replacing it won’t wipe your save.

So you may still have some hope yet about replacing the battery.

Sorry it's taken me do long to reply, but thanks for helping me out. :)

Re: quick breeding question.

So what you are saying is I need to get a larpas that came from another language?

Masuda Method works in BW?

Thank you.

Gonna try it right now...

Hey Guys. I ended up getting a copy of Pokemon Red recently and i have a question about the box. It seems different from all of the boxes I seen online. There is no white box for the game to rest in. Rather there is a little sleeve built in to the box for the game to sit. The box looks like it is totally legit and has no normal signs of being a fake. What do you think?? View attachment 64131 View attachment 64132

about that Red version box: Ill tell you the best thing I found: look inside the cartridge (with label/sticker faced up) and if you can read 'Nintendo' and the year it was manufactured (inside the cart on the bottom at the right angle of light) it is a genuine cartridge. For the box: Sometimes you can get games that arent genuine which I can sometimes tell by the ratings system. in Australia we dont have that big 'E' logo so I know to buy the games with our ACTUAL ratings (which is G, PG etc.) It would be applied differently in other countries I guess. also, as stated the genuine nintendo seal of quality is an indicator but that has even been faked, normally with a more yellowy colour than the gold. this seal can also be differently shaped depending on region. in aus, its circular...other places it is oblong?!? (is that the right word for an egg on its side?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: a question from me: HOW DO YOU LEGITIMATELY CATCH MEW?
only just occurred to me that I dont know this answer! I know how on the Game Boy games Red/Blue but how do you get Mew on any other game?
Im thinking it is probably one of those 'event only' Pokemon I have missed out on.
I ask this Q? here because google results will most probably be MISLEADING and FALSE.

Last edited by a moderator:

a question from me: HOW DO YOU LEGITIMATELY CATCH MEW?
only just occurred to me that I dont know this answer! I know how on the Game Boy games Red/Blue but how do you get Mew on any other game?
Im thinking it is probably one of those 'event only' Pokemon I have missed out on.
I ask this Q? here because google results will most probably be MISLEADING and FALSE.
You can legitmately obtain Mew from the WiiWare game My Pokémon Ranch by depositing 999 Pokémon from Diamond or Pearl versions then trading with Hayley a Pokémon egg for a level 50 Mew.

Another way of catching Mew is not so legitmate anymore because the event has already happened but if you obtained an Old Sea Map in an event by Mystery Gift in Emerald version you could catch Mew on Faraway Island. If you want to catch that Mew now you would need to use a hacking accessory to obtain the Old Sea Map which I don't recommend using.

There was another event only Mew by Wi-Fi connection Mystery Gift called the 10th Anniversary Mew for HeartGold and SoulSilver versions in 2010.

Last edited:

If memory serves, the Masuda Method is easier in B/W than in previous games.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

If one were looking to acquire a legitimate Mew (though through debatable means), one would consider Googling "Pokemon Event Database".

You didn't hear that from me, though.

I'm thinking of a RU Trick Room team, but I want a Baton Passer too. Here is two Pokemon I'm thinking of so far:

Rampardos: Physical Sweeper
Audino: Trick Room Setup + Wish Passer + Healing Wish

If you want the sets I'm thinking about, ask me.

I guess its easier if you consider 0.073% to be good odds.

Where do you get the stupid tea that lets you get to Saffron City?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom