• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

I would like some help in Platinum. I beat Mars, and today is Friday, and I am at the Valley Wind-works. Drifloon isn't here. So may I please have help? Yes, my DS knows it is Friday, also.

Did you let the clock roll over to 12:01 Friday morning? Or did you just set it to Friday manually?

I let it roll over.... Do I need to beat the Elite Four?

You shouldn't have to. I can't imagine why Drifloon isn't showing up. Are you sure you didn't already encounter it earlier? It'll only appear once every Friday. It won't respawn when you catch it/defeat it until the next Friday.

I would like some help in Platinum. I beat Mars, and today is Friday, and I am at the Valley Wind-works. Drifloon isn't here. So may I please have help? Yes, my DS knows it is Friday, also.

Did you let the clock roll over to 12:01 Friday morning? Or did you just set it to Friday manually?

I let it roll over.... Do I need to beat the Elite Four?

You shouldn't have to. I can't imagine why Drifloon isn't showing up. Are you sure you didn't already encounter it earlier? It'll only appear once every Friday. It won't respawn when you catch it/defeat it until the next Friday.

I don't have it in the Pokedex, I checked to make sure, so I haven't... But I beat Mars on the day before, I just remembered. Do I have to wait a week? Either way now, I will have to wait until next week, but I am curious about why this happned, but I don't need this answered anymore.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Uhm, if you two are going to continue this back and forth on this, could you please edit out my quote from it? i keep getting notifications that i'm being quoted ^^;;

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Sorry.... I will start a new post after this.

Ah, sorry about that, Rick. xP

I don't have it in the Pokedex, I checked to make sure, so I haven't... But I beat Mars on the day before, I just remembered. Do I have to wait a week? Either way now, I will have to wait until next week, but I am curious about why this happned, but I don't need this answered anymore.

Ah, yeah, you might have to wait a week. Hope that works for ya!

Johto safari zone help?

I've completed the 2 challenges for Baoba but i still cant use blocks in the safari zone how long do i wait until the safari zone guy call me again?

Re: Johto safari zone help?

I've completed the 2 challenges for Baoba but i still cant use blocks in the safari zone how long do i wait until the safari zone guy call me again?

And you showed them to him, yes?
From what i remember, he calls in 24hrs, though i could be wrong :I

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

In PokePark Wii 2, in order to befriend Kirlia, you have to open every single treasure chest in PokePark. Obviously, I haven't opened them all yet. Is there a list of treasure chest locations somewhere? Google didn't turn anything up.

In PokePark Wii 2, in order to befriend Kirlia, you have to open every single treasure chest in PokePark. Obviously, I haven't opened them all yet. Is there a list of treasure chest locations somewhere? Google didn't turn anything up.

I couldn't find any list but RiverAura might be able to help you based on this vvvvvvv

OK, so one more Poképark 2 question. To recruit Kirlia, I need to open up every single large treasure chest in the park, apparently. While I thought I had already done so (and yes, that includes the ones at the end of the Lighthouse, Stump, Cave, and Lab), she still won't be recruited. I've tried searching online for a list, but I can't find anything.

Does anyone have a list of the treasure chests in Poképark 2?

EDIT: Well, turns out I was only missing one, and I just found it. Stupid hidden ledges, they get me every time.

Legendary Pokemon Questions

I'm trying to make a list of all the attacks the Legendary Pokemon initially know in each of their appearances.

I'm pretty sure that the attacks are always listed in the order that the Pokemon can learn them. For instance, Articuno is found at Level 50 in FireRed & LeafGreen, therefore its moves should be (in order):

Mist (Level 13)
Agility (Level 25)
Mind Reader (Level 37)
Ice Beam (Level 49)

If there are any Pokemon who have their moves in a different order initially, let me know.

Anyways, this unfortunately does not help in cases where the Pokemon starts with multiple moves and they have one or more of them during the battle.

I know that in Platinum, Regigigas has Dizzy Punch, Knock Off, Foresight & Confuse Ray. I do not know what order they are in. Is there anyone here who has this information?

Edit: Two more questions

1. To get Cresselia to start roaming in Diamond, Pearl & Platinum, do you need to give the Lunar Wing to the boy, or do you just need to get Cresselia to flee Fullmoon Island?

2. I know that Ho-Oh is holding the Sacred Ash when it's caught in Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold & SoulSilver. Is it also holding it in FireRed, LeafGreen and/or Emerald?

Last edited:
Re: Legendary Pokemon Attacks

Just the main series.

I actually have two more questions about Legendaries.

1. To get Cresselia to start roaming in Diamond, Pearl & Platinum, do you need to give the Lunar Wing to the boy, or do you just need to get Cresselia to flee Fullmoon Island?

2. I know that Ho-Oh is holding the Sacred Ash when it's caught in Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold & SoulSilver. Is it also holding it in FireRed, LeafGreen and/or Emerald?

Re: Legendary Pokemon Questions

All pokemon have their "at that level" moves listed on bulbapedia. And since you're asking more questions, this will be moved into the Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread. Please place all further questions dealing with gens 1-4 there.

~Thank you.

EDIT:

It's roaming once it leaves the island.

I believe that Naval Rock Ho-Oh (Fr/Lg/E) aren't holding a Sacred Ash but instead is located (hidden) where Ho-Oh was standing.

Last edited:
Re: Legendary Pokemon Questions

All pokemon have their "at that level" moves listed on bulbapedia.

I am aware of that. However, all of the moves that the Pokemon initially has (labeled "Start") are not in any specific order. Regigigas is at Level 1 in Platinum and therefore has four moves labeled "Start" on Bulbapedia.

I want to know what order they're in when Regigigas is captured.

It's roaming once it leaves the island.

Thank you.

I believe that Naval Rock Ho-Oh (Fr/Lg/E) aren't holding a Sacred Ash but instead is located (hidden) where Ho-Oh was standing.

Bulbapedia is confusing me on this one. Ho-Oh's page and the page detailing held items both state that wild Ho-Oh will always carry a Sacred Ash in Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald.

However, the Sacred Ash page says that Ho-Oh doesn't have it in FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald.

I know for a fact that it does not hold the Sacred Ash in FR & LG, but the information is conflicting for Emerald.

Edit: Never mind. I finally found a video showing the party screen after Ho-Oh is caught. It does not have the Sacred Ash in Emerald.

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

On my Emerald I recently caught a Spheal. I want to teach it the move Defense Curl, but I can't seem to find out how. It doesn't seem to appear on any of it's families lvl up lists for Emerald. DO I really have to transfer it to FRLG to teach it that?

-Me!

All pokemon have their "at that level" moves listed on bulbapedia.

I am aware of that. However, all of the moves that the Pokemon initially has (labeled "Start") are not in any specific order. Regigigas is at Level 1 in Platinum and therefore has four moves labeled "Start" on Bulbapedia.

I want to know what order they're in when Regigigas is captured.

My own lvl 1 UT Regigigas knows Dizzy Punch/Knock Off/Confuse Ray/Foresight if that helps you understand.

Bulbapedia is confusing me on this one. Ho-Oh's page and the page detailing held items both state that wild Ho-Oh will always carry a Sacred Ash in Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald.

However, the Sacred Ash page says that Ho-Oh doesn't have it in FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald.

I know for a fact that it does not hold the Sacred Ash in FR & LG, but the information is conflicting for Emerald.

Edit: Never mind. I finally found a video showing the party screen after Ho-Oh is caught. It does not have the Sacred Ash in Emerald.

The Naval Rock page states that in Fr/Lg/E that the SA is hidden where the Ho-Oh stood, for all three games.

On my Emerald I recently caught a Spheal. I want to teach it the move Defense Curl, but I can't seem to find out how. It doesn't seem to appear on any of it's families lvl up lists for Emerald. DO I really have to transfer it to FRLG to teach it that?

-Me!

Defense Curl can be tutored onto Spheal in Emerald at the Battle Frontier for 16 Battle Points

Thanks for the info. A little more research shows that Walrein can also learn the move from the tutor, so I don't have any worries about evolution. Only really teching for powered up Ice Ball.

-Me!

Arrrg, I have a question about the Global Link.
So, today is my birthday, so I was going to go on the Global Link so I could get a Togekiss. However, I seem to have forgotten my Username. When I click the "Forgot your username?" button, It asks for my screen name, which I of course, forgot too. Is there any way to figure out your screen name if you have forgotten it?

Arrrg, I have a question about the Global Link.
So, today is my birthday, so I was going to go on the Global Link so I could get a Togekiss. However, I seem to have forgotten my Username. When I click the "Forgot your username?" button, It asks for my screen name, which I of course, forgot too. Is there any way to figure out your screen name if you have forgotten it?

Do you remember your email used for the screen name? It should be able to send it to your email if you have it.

Edit: Other than that, you *may* need to contact TPCi. I'm not sure what they'd be able to do, but I'll edit in a "Contact Us" url when I find it.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom