• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

This one's more about the DS itself as opposed to the Pokémon games, but...

While I understand that the Nintendo 3DS is region blocked and so are its games, what about Nintendo DSi games? Are they region blocked (so an American game will not work on a European system) or just language blocked?

they (DSi specific games) are indeed region locked.
Thanks. Means that if TPCi or Nintendo don't announce an EU Pokémon Conquest release by 10th June, I'll be playing it on my DS Lite xD.
I think I will too BUT couldn't you import a PAL version from Australia and play it on the 3DS?

I think it would just be easier if a Europe/UK version was announced....I really can't wait to play it.

Yes...yes I could. Now to find a place where I can import it from xD
I'm holding out all hope for a UK release. I'm thinking ebay may be the best place but wouldnt the buy and sell section here be a good place to start?

Pokemon Colosseum- CORRUPTED

Okay so I have 2 GameCube games- Super Smash Bros Melee and Pokemon Colosseum. I only have 1 memory card, and Melee is saved perfectly fine, but every time I try to play Colosseum, it tells me that the file is corrupted and I have to start a new game, which also ends up getting corrupted as well. Wtf is wrong with it? I've tried playing the game 4 times now, and all the files got corrupted.

Re: Pokemon Colosseum- CORRUPTED

Many years ago, I had a similar problem. I had a non-Nintendo-brand memory card for my gamecube that worked perfectly for every game, except for Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. It worked fine with other cards, but just not with the one particular card.

Get yourself another memory card, preferably a Nintendo-branded one, and see if that helps you any. Used game stores may still stock them, and if not, ebay will help you out.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

i had the same problem with Gale of Darkness and a MadKatz(sp?) memory cube. I think the official ones, like Satoshi said will fix the problem.

What's an effective way to use F.E.A.R. to capture pokemon?

Get a Pokemon with Sturdy (Focus Sash's are too valuable) that also knows Endeavor. Low level is best. Aron and Donphan are options. When you're brought down to 1 HP, use Endeavor, and it'll be like a quick working False Swipe.

Get a Pokemon with Sturdy (Focus Sash's are too valuable) that also knows Endeavor. Low level is best. Aron and Donphan are options. When you're brought down to 1 HP, use Endeavor, and it'll be like a quick working False Swipe.

I'm confused by what you mean by Focus Sash being to valuable to use in this situation. Unless the wild Pokémon happens to have Thief or something, it's not going to be lost at the end of battle.

That being said, Sturdy Aron or similar Pokémon can combo Endeavor with a Shell Bell to get them back up to full health to allow you more turns to go at hard-to-catch Pokémon.

I'm confused by what you mean by Focus Sash being to valuable to use in this situation. Unless the wild Pokémon happens to have Thief or something, it's not going to be lost at the end of battle.

Focus Sashes can only be used once. Once it's been used, it will disappear. And they usually cost 48 BP at the Battle Frontiers/Subway.

If you're just going to be capturing pokemon, it's generally accepted not to go with the F.E.A.R. method, but by utilizing a Smeargle and it's ability to learn pretty much anything and everything under the sun.

A moveset suitable for catching pokemon would look something like so:
Smeargle @Smoke Ball/Shed Shell/Scope Lens/Quick Claw
Adamant/Jolly
Own Tempo (if you wanna avoid confusion)/Technician (if you want a power boost)/ Moody (if you're feeling risky)
-Spore
-Mean Look
-False Swipe
-Foresight/Covet*

(*Covet for if you're after items, though you're better off with a different pokemon for item hunting)

One thing you would have to worry about is Weather Effects. Its rare though.

One thing you would have to worry about is Weather Effects. Its rare though.
The thing about that is Phanphy and Aron are immune to Sandstorm, making Hail the only real issue with them.

Also, giving Donhpan/Aron a Shell Bell might get them back to full HP when they use Endeavor, which is nice.

This may have been asked before, so please excuse me if it has...

Does the item Lucky Punch still work with Blissey, or just Chansey?

Focus Sashes can only be used once. Once it's been used, it will disappear. And they usually cost 48 BP at the Battle Frontiers/Subway.

Is that new for Gen. V? I feel like they were multi-use before.

This may have been asked before, so please excuse me if it has...

I think just Chansey, but it's a pretty bad item for either one, since they're defensive.

@RiverAura; Nope, only one use. They've always been I think.

Is that new for Gen. V? I feel like they were multi-use before.

No. They've always been single-use.

I don't think it's ever worked with Blissey. Judging by its description in all generations, it only mentions Chansey, so I assume only Chansey's critical hit rate will be raised.

EDIT: Wow majorly ninja'd. My bad.

I'm just wondering, casually and commpetivly, is Graveler better then Golem?

It is almost always the case that the evolution will be better. Increased Base Stats, larger total move pool and so on. There are some times when there is a thin line between them or where a specific item makes the pre evolution better, such as Eviolite and Chansey. Its the same for the TCG, most basic and stage 1 pokemon are place holders for their evolutions. It would be nice if they games would work towards a more.... expansive meta of who/what to choose.

help with restrictions for battling via different versions

i would really appreciate help on knowing the restrictions on battling between the following versions: leafgreen, firered, emerald, ruby, yellow, gold and red. I know that in order between leafgreen and emerald for instance, you need to have completed the elite 4 in emerald and completed One Island in leafgreen. so these types of details between all would be very helpful, thankyou! :)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

i would really appreciate help on knowing the restrictions on battling between the following versions: leafgreen, firered, emerald, ruby, yellow, gold and red. I know that in order between leafgreen and emerald for instance, you need to have completed the elite 4 in emerald and completed One Island in leafgreen. so these types of details between all would be very helpful, thankyou! :)

This belongs in Lost Tower SQSA thread, so I've moved this there. In future you can ask questions, that don't need an entire thread, about Gen I, Gen II, Gen III or Gen IV games here in this thread. With Gen V being in a different thread (here).

A Quick Question Regarding Move Relearners

Okay, let's so I have a, I dunno, level 35 Weavile. I would love to have Ice Shard, but obviously I can't learn it normally, since only Sneasel learns it, and not until 49 in Gen IV, where this is taking place, and it wasn't bred onto him. Can I use the move relearner to teach this Weavile Ice Shard, or would I need to level him up to the same level first? Or could I teach it to him at all? Because Avalanche on a Weavile is butts and that's the only other physical ice move they can learn.

The move relearner can only teach things that are in it's movepool. There's no way for Weavile to learn Ice Shard if it didn't already have it prior to evolving. Assuming this is D/P where you don't have access to the Ice Punch move tutor. You're kinda stuck with Avalanche as your Ice attack if that's the case.

That would be butts. :( However, I am in Platinum! I didn't think to check Gen IV's tutor list for some reason. :x Thanks for the help, looks like I need to find some shards~ That, and a Game Freak employee to strangle until they give some of these pokemon non-ridiculous movepools. (I'm looking at you, every grass-type.)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom