• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: A Quick Question Regarding Move Relearners

Okay, let's so I have a, I dunno, level 35 Weavile. I would love to have Ice Shard, but obviously I can't learn it normally, since only Sneasel learns it, and not until 49 in Gen IV, where this is taking place, and it wasn't bred onto him. Can I use the move relearner to teach this Weavile Ice Shard, or would I need to level him up to the same level first? Or could I teach it to him at all? Because Avalanche on a Weavile is butts and that's the only other physical ice move they can learn.
The move relearner can only teach things that are in it's movepool. There's no way for Weavile to learn Ice Shard if it didn't already have it prior to evolving. Assuming this is D/P where you don't have access to the Ice Punch move tutor. You're kinda stuck with Avalanche as your Ice attack if that's the case.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

I have one of those event Celebi, the one that triggers the Giovanni event in HG/SS. If I trade it from HG to SS, can I use it to trigger the event in both games?

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

I have one of those event Celebi, the one that triggers the Giovanni event in HG/SS. If I trade it from HG to SS, can I use it to trigger the event in both games?

Yes, since it has the fateful encounter flag, it should trigger the event in both games.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Is it possible to use the same Celebi to trigger the Zorua event in two different games?

EDIT:
Yes, the contributing factor to it triggering the Zorua event is the Fateful Encounter portion of the Celebi. Since that portion is never removed and only the event status in the individual cartridge is changed it can be used on multiple games.

Thanks! I wasn't sure since the description said it had been reunited with Zorua already. I didn't know if that was a factor or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, the contributing factor to it triggering the Zorua event is the Fateful Encounter portion of the Celebi. Since that portion is never removed and only the event status in the individual cartridge is changed it can be used on multiple games.

Thanks! I wasn't sure since the description said it had been reunited with Zorua already. I didn't know if that was a factor or not.

Thuzle, it can only activate the event once, ever. If it's already done the event on a different cart, then it can't on any other. The message about it meeting up with it's friend is the flag the game looks for.

Last edited:
Re: Help!!! Please!!!

For some strange reason my gen IV games will not connect to nintendo wi-fi, but my gen V do it just fine. Can anyone help?

What type of internet security does your connection have and what type of DS are you using? Generation IV games can only connect to the internet through a connection which has a WEP key or no security. Generation V games can use DSis and 3DSs to connect to a WPA key connection as well as the types of connections which the original DS and DS Lite can connect to. If you have WPA connection you could buy a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector on the internet but they only work on Windows Vista or older Microsoft computers.

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

@mwto; I've merged your thread with this one, please use the relevant SQSA threads in the future if you have a game related question :)

For some strange reason my gen IV games will not connect to nintendo wi-fi, but my gen V do it just fine. Can anyone help?

What type of internet security does your connection have and what type of DS are you using? Generation IV games can only connect to the internet through a connection which has a WEP key or no security. Generation V games can use DSis and 3DSs to connect to a WPA key connection as well as the types of connections which the original DS and DS Lite can connect to. If you have WPA connection you could buy a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector on the internet but they only work on Windows Vista or older Microsoft computers.

I think I'm WPA. I use a DSi for wi-fi, and have windows seven. If i understood correctly does that mean there is no way to connect my gen IV games to wi-fi

@mwto; I've merged your thread with this one, please use the relevant SQSA threads in the future if you have a game related question :)

Thank you. I wasn't sure where to post it.

I think I'm WPA. I use a DSi for wi-fi, and have windows seven. If i understood correctly does that mean there is no way to connect my gen IV games to wi-fi

in order for your Gen 4 games to connect, you'll need to change your settings to WEP.

Yes, I don't think there is any other way to connect Generation IV games to the internet by the connection you are using. I also had this problem in Generation IV so I went to public places with no internet security to download event Pokémon and Ranger Missions. The place which I went to the most for an original DS compatible Internet connection was the closest library to my home.

in order for your Gen 4 games to connect, you'll need to change your settings to WEP.

How can you do this without changing the network provider (Sky, TalkTalk, Virgin Media etc.)?

Last edited:

@Water Max; just go into your router settings and change the security type. Nintendo has a section dedicated on their site for people to figure out if their routers are compatible with their consoles, in it, they show you how to access these settings by router brand (as they're all different). I'll link you when I get back on my comp (I'm on my cell atm)

EDIT: here ya go @mwto; and @Water Max; Wireless Routers - Default Settings

Last edited:
Pokemon Firered starters

I just got pokemon firered, which starter should i pick? xD

Whatever one you like. Charmander is the hardest one to start with considering the first 2 Gyms are Rock and Water, and Bulbasaur is the easiest. Charmander gets Metal Claw though in Fire Red, so the battle against Brock may not be too difficult. Pick your favorite one or the one that has the type you want for your team.

For the in-game trades in B/W, are you able to battle all the trainers?
Also, is it legal to have a Pikachu with Surf, Flash, Endure, and Endeavor?

Last edited:

For the in-game trades in B/W, are you able to battle all the trainers?

No. You are only able to battle two of the five, after beating the elite four.

Depending on your version, the girl in Nacrene City that you traded a Cottonee for Petilli/Petilli for Cottonee will have a Whimisicott (Black), or a Liligant (White). (Sorry about the spelling on those, I'm not sure how to spell them admittedly. xD)

The second one is the trade battle in Driftveil (the one you trade a Mincinno for a Basculin).

They seem to have only put the stone evolutions in, since the others are either no further evolution (Cinccino/Ditto), or trade evolution (Boldore).

I just got my first ever event Pokemon (Darkrai) and Im sure I will have lots of questions to come (like if I can still get some event pokes) BUT FOR NOW my question is this:
Are event Pokemon IVs fixed or variable? I got Darkrai in my White and my Black versions but I dont have my Black with me right now so I was wondering if they will be the same or different? Personally I thought they were variable, but when I checked my White one and it had a Timid nature I thought: "hang on, I never get the right nature for legendaries, so this must be fixed..."

I just got my first ever event Pokemon (Darkrai) and Im sure I will have lots of questions to come (like if I can still get some event pokes) BUT FOR NOW my question is this:
Are event Pokemon IVs fixed or variable? I got Darkrai in my White and my Black versions but I dont have my Black with me right now so I was wondering if they will be the same or different? Personally I thought they were variable, but when I checked my White one and it had a Timid nature I thought: "hang on, I never get the right nature for legendaries, so this must be fixed..."

You can S/R, as long as you didn't save when you picked the Darkrai up. So no, they're not fixed.

So, was working on a bullet punch adamant scizor in Pk. White. Question is: Can I teach Scizor Bullet Punch by Move Relearner in Pk. White/Black?

So, was working on a bullet punch adamant scizor in Pk. White. Question is: Can I teach Scizor Bullet Punch by Move Relearner in Pk. White/Black?

Yes.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom