• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Also, is it legal to have a Pikachu with Surf, Flash, Endure, and Endeavor?

Well, Pikachu can learn Flash (HM) and Endure (Move Tutor), and there have been various event Pikachu that know Surf. However, I don't think it can learn Endeavor. So, I don't think it would be a legal moveset.

Also, is it legal to have a Pikachu with Surf, Flash, Endure, and Endeavor?

Well, Pikachu can learn Flash (HM) and Endure (Move Tutor), and there have been various event Pikachu that know Surf. However, I don't think it can learn Endeavor. So, I don't think it would be a legal moveset.

Actually, a Pichu distributed by event for the 12th Movie(2009) knew Endeavor/Endure, but again, it wouldn't know Surf. So yes, still illegal moveset.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

I know that in the Gen III Battle Frontier, the number of straight wins you must have in order to challenge a Frontier Brain is a multiple of 7, minus 1 (except for in the Dome). However, why is the number of rounds you must complete different for each facility? (And for that matter, why is 7 chosen as a magic number at most facilities anyway, and why is it 4 battles per round at the Dome instead of 7?)

So, here's the number of wins you need for each silver and gold print:

Dome: 20 (5 rounds) and 40 (10 rounds)
Pyramid: 21 floors (3 rounds) and 70 floors (10 rounds)
Factory: 21 and 42
Pike: 14 choices (2 rounds) and 70 choices (10 rounds)
Arena: 28 and 56
Palace: 21 and 42
Tower: 35 and 70

I can understand the Tower requiring more, since it's the "crown jewel" (if you will) and has no gimmicks like in the other facilities, and I'm guessing 16 is the highest number of Trainer names that can easily fit onto a GBA screen, which would explain why there are only those and not 64 (2 to the 7th power). Other than that, though, I don't understand why some facilities require more wins than others, why some facilities require twice as many wins for a gold print as for a silver print while others require 10 straight rounds for gold regardless of the silver number, why the Pike requires 2 straight rounds instead of 3 for a silver print, or why the Arena is the requires 28 and 56 wins for a print, instead of 21 and 42. I mean, the facilities in the Gen IV Frontier were much more consistent (except for the Hall, which has clear enough reasons to deviate).

Can someone please explain the logic behind all these inconsistencies?

Last edited:

To be honest, I don't think there is much logic behind the numbers. I would assume that the developers intuited how difficult each battle area would be and decided the numbers based on that.

Id like to ask where do people train their pokemon in gen 2? i mean evs are not just limited to 252/252/6 spreads, iirc. They were in the ten thousands i think.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Why is Chatot banned from the Pokémon Global Battle Union cause of Chatter?

This is my educated guess, but probably because since Chatter records sounds you make into it and plays them during the attack, they don't want people using foul language/etc.

If memory serves, it's because Chatot can be recorded to say anything. The only real "filter" is the distortion, and even then, someone might be able to pick up on the word regardless.

Edit: Really ninja'd. xD

This is my educated guess, but probably because since Chatter records sounds you make into it and plays them during the attack, they don't want people using foul language/etc.

but the recorded sound is distorted anyway

So "Grass, Water, Fire" is the elemental "rock, paper, scissors". what other triangles (that's what I call 'em) are there in the Pokemon world?

Quick important question: So ive stepped all the steps out for a box full of eggs to be at the point: "It will hatch soon!" and I want to trade them from Pearl to Platinum...will the eggs go back to as if they have not been warmed up through my cycling efforts? Or will they stay at the point of almost hatched? thanks in advance

Quick important question: So ive stepped all the steps out for a box full of eggs to be at the point: "It will hatch soon!" and I want to trade them from Pearl to Platinum...will the eggs go back to as if they have not been warmed up through my cycling efforts? Or will they stay at the point of almost hatched? thanks in advance

I've been told they will retain their step reductions, but the only way to find out is to actually try it out on one.

So of the first four I have transferred they keep their egg description and only appear to add a hundred or so steps but I am negating this due to the lack of a (flame body/magma armor) incubator on the Platinum game.
In summarising= NO is most likely the answer to my above question.

Id like to ask where do people train their pokemon in gen 2? i mean evs are not just limited to 252/252/6 spreads, iirc. They were in the ten thousands i think.

this thread might help you slightly as far as DV/EV limits go, but as far as where to train, i wouldn't know.

Thank you so much. This may help me bring back my interest in the Crystal battle tower. :)

Pokemon Ruby: Is Fake Out a good move?

hello,
I have just unlocked fake out for my pokemon Makuhita and I am just wandering whether fake out is worth replacing another move for.

It is a Makuhita level 19 and the move list I have got at the moment is:
Tackle (Normal)
Bulk Up (Fighting)
Vital Throw (Fighting)
Arm Thrust (Fighting)

If it is a good move and worth getting, which move do I replace is with?

Re: Pokemon Ruby: Is Fake Out a good move?

hello,
I have just unlocked fake out for my pokemon Makuhita and I am just wandering whether fake out is worth replacing another move for.

It is a Makuhita level 19 and the move list I have got at the moment is:
Tackle (Normal)
Bulk Up (Fighting)
Vital Throw (Fighting)
Arm Thrust (Fighting)

If it is a good move and worth getting, which move do I replace is with?

I'd say replace Vital Throw. Fake Out is good, plus it gets priority. Arm Thrust will more likely do the same amount of damage as Vital Throw, except without having to wait.

I NEED A NEW PARTY!

I am on pokemon Ruby just done the Fortree Gym but failed at the leader! I sort of realised my party is crap. So I am wandering at this stage of the game, what would be the better party to have that is more effective for battles?!!!
My Party so far..
hariyama lvl 42
zubat lvl 19
Mightyena lvl 29
Combusken lvl 27
Tentacool lvl 32
Pelipper lvl 30

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom