• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Id suggest an electric type and an Ice type, Altaria is Dragon/Flying, so 4x week to Ice. Hariyama and Combusken are Fighting types, which are weak to Flying. Also, you may want to train your Zubat, its underleveled.

Curious about something in regards to the original pokemon games ( Red and Blue)

Me and my roommate are confused about one of the ways you can catch Mewtwo without using the Master Ball. If I remember correctly one of those ways is by putting him to sleep by using Hypnosis. My roommate says Mewtwo is not effected by Hypnosis, but I don't think so. Is this true or not?

Re: Curious about something in regards to the original pokemon games ( Red and Blue)

Your friend is wrong. Mewtwo is affected by Hypnosis as much as any other 'Mon in RBY, although with the move's shaky accuracy, I wouldn't rely on it.

Welcome to Bulbagarden, by the way.

hardware required for trading gen 1,2 and 3? gameboy player

hi i'm just wondering whats required for trading right now my only gameboy is the gameboy player for gamecube if i buy a gba sp can i trade between the gen 1 and 2 games and also gen 3( i know gen 3 can't trade back to gen 1 or 2). do i just need a gameboy color link cable and a game boy advance link cable? thanks

Re: Curious about something in regards to the original pokemon games ( Red and Blue)

@Mustang_Hikaru; Basically, a Pokémon becomes easier to catch if it has been affected by a special condition (such as Paralysis, Freeze, Sleep etc). Sleep is the most preferred because it stops the opponent from attacking. And to confirm what @Flareth; said, your friend is wrong in that Mewtwo is affected by Hypnosis.

Also, there is even a chance you can catch Mewtwo in a Pokéball. If you don't want to use the Master Ball, your best bet is to whittle down its HP to as near 0 as you can without knocking it out, put it to sleep and throw Ultra Balls like no tomorrow (make sure to save in front of Mewtwo before you battle it, just in case you do accidentally knock it out).

hi i'm just wondering whats required for trading right now my only gameboy is the gameboy player for gamecube if i buy a gba sp can i trade between the gen 1 and 2 games and also gen 3( i know gen 3 can't trade back to gen 1 or 2). do i just need a gameboy color link cable and a game boy advance link cable? thanks
In regards to Generation III games, you will be able to trade between a GBA (or GBA SP) and a game played on a Gamecube via GameBoy Player if you use the standard Gameboy Advance link cable.

Unfortunately though, Gameboy Advance link cables are incompatible with Gameboy Colour systems. I've tested connecting two Gameboy Advance consoles playing Red and Blue with GBA link cables and I haven't been able to get them to connect - the most I can get is one of them opening a connection but the other being unable to pick one up. Unfortunately, I don't have any GBC link cables on hand to test.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, I don't have any GBC link cables on hand to test.
I have traded Pokémon with my Geneation I and II games using a Game Boy Colour Link Cable connected to an original Game Boy Advance and a Game Boy Advance SP so trading does work with GBC link cables using GBA systems.

Unfortunately, I don't have any GBC link cables on hand to test.
I have traded Pokémon with my Geneation I and II games using a Game Boy Colour Link Cable connected to an original Game Boy Advance and a Game Boy Advance SP so trading does work with GBC link cables using GBA systems.
Thanks. I noticed the ports for the GBC link cables looked just like the GBA ones, just without a little notch at the top. So I guess it's just GBA cables that are incompatible with GB/GBC games.

Ok, so im thinking about running through Emerald, one of my favorite games. I want to start wih a Treecko, and use a Tailow and A Poochyena for sure. any suggestions on the other three?

Well, I like Trapinch, and Ralts would make a nice addition. Carvanha or Barboach would make good water types.

I like Trapinch, but I overuse Ralts too much xD I might try Carvanha though.

soo...(final evos)

Sceptile
Swellow
Flygon
Sharpedo
Mightyena

Maybe Ninjask, Armaldo or Dusclops or the last one?

Ok, I decided on the fire type xD.

Sceptile
Swellow
Mightyena
Flygon
Sharpedo
Torkoal

So I was running around Iron Island, leveling up a pokemon via Experience Share, using my Torterra. Over time, it eventually levels up as well, and it's gained a ridiculous 9 defense. I knew I'd be getting tons of Defense EVs, but the highest I had ever seen was 6, from a Wailord ages ago. (I've never had a Blissey, I would assume they get that all the time) So now I'm curious, is there a cap to how much stat growth you can get from a single level?

I havnt played Emerald yet but I played Ruby and I will never have a team on that game without Skarmory...ABSOLUTE BOSS!!!

Anyway, I am about to have a mental break-down playing HeartGold and trying to figure out how to get Gible in the Safari Zone...I know the theory but placing "Plains" objects is IMPOSSIBLE. There is no option to put "Flowers and/or Shrubs" Google is useless and every Pokemon site I check is vague and doesnt really make sense. How do you unlock Plains objects? I only have the rocks and trees as options atm...Aaaargh!!!! And in the event of getting the equation of objects right...does the area (Rocky Beach) have to be in the active 6 areas or can it be packed away in the PC thing but objects still in place sort of maturing (for the 100+ days)
and Yes I have done all Baoba's tasks and whatnot...maybe he calls again to give me the Plains objects? I hope so....Then only 100 days to wait...YAY. (When you change the DS clock forward a year to cheat this, does the Poke say it was caught a year in advance in its stats?...this would deter me from doing this little cheat...)

Anyway, I am about to have a mental break-down playing HeartGold and trying to figure out how to get Gible in the Safari Zone...I know the theory but placing "Plains" objects is IMPOSSIBLE. There is no option to put "Flowers and/or Shrubs" Google is useless and every Pokemon site I check is vague and doesnt really make sense. How do you unlock Plains objects? I only have the rocks and trees as options atm...Aaaargh!!!! And in the event of getting the equation of objects right...does the area (Rocky Beach) have to be in the active 6 areas or can it be packed away in the PC thing but objects still in place sort of maturing (for the 100+ days)
and Yes I have done all Baoba's tasks and whatnot...maybe he calls again to give me the Plains objects? I hope so....Then only 100 days to wait...YAY. (When you change the DS clock forward a year to cheat this, does the Poke say it was caught a year in advance in its stats?...this would deter me from doing this little cheat...)

Not sure why you don't have any Plains objects yet. My only guess is that you will get more objects as time goes on. I know you start out with only 6 objects and eventually you get all 24 objects.

Anyways, in order to level the blocks up, you must have Rocky Beach as one of your active areas. If you switch it out, the blocks will be reset. Also, to get Gible, you need 13 Plains objects (red or white flowers, shrubs) and 17 Peak objects (small, big, or mossy rocks), and of course the 100 days.

I wouldn't recommend monkeying around with the DS clock. I don't think it will work if you just set your DS clock 100 days forward. And yes, when you catch a Pokemon, the date caught will be whatever your DS clock is set to.

For future reference, these sites are probably the most informative about the HG/SS Safari Zone:
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/safarizone.shtml
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/960100-pokemon-soulsilver-version/faqs/59321

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I feel this is a simple question, because I can't decide... Durant or Escavalier?

Escavalier all the way, High attack+defense, you can get it earlier, Move pool that uses that Attack( Iron Head, X-Scissor) Moves that can boost Said attack/defense. It's lowest stat is speed, but It can almost always live thru that first attack to dish out damage.

thanks for trying to help but serebii was the cause of making my brain wanting to implode. imo it is not very clear at all. I was aware of the numbers and areas and bits and pieces of information, but not exactly how everything fitted together. kind of like having all the pieces to a puzzle that I didnt know what the end result was going to look like: and it could have been easier if the picture was printed on the box. maybe I'm a bit slow in the head, maybe not...but it didnt make a whole lot of sense to me. still havnt got any Plains objects yet, but I dont have the full 24 yet so I am sighing a bit in relief: expecting a call from my mate Baoba anytime now.

In Leafgreen/Firered do cubone appear in the pokemon tower before getting the Silph Scope or is the silph scope require?

In Leafgreen/Firered do cubone appear in the pokemon tower before getting the Silph Scope or is the silph scope require?

You need the silph scope to get any pokemon in the tower, including cubone, so you need it.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom