• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

It says SRing will change the swarms but it keep says Route 13! I use the 3DS btw.

you have to save the game right before the clocks ticks over to the next day, THEN the swarm will change when you SR. Once you get the one you want, save and go hunting.

Like save the game at 11:59 PM and then start SRing when it strikes 12 AM?

Indeed

If heavy slam became a TM which legendary pokemon would it be most effective with?

Title say it :-D

Re: If heavy slam became a TM which legendary pokemon would it be most effective with

Dialga does weigh over 1500 pounds, it would also get STAB from it, I would assume it would benefit the most from such a TM. Also Groudon could benefit, being the heaviest Pokemon, having a base Attack stat of 150, it could do some damage with the move as well.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I've never encountered problems running into Missingno. unless I've caught it, my Hall of Fame data was fine. Catching one did completely wreck a copy of Pokemon Blue though.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

How do you chain pokemon in Diamond? I'm very sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

Last edited:
Need Help :(

I have pokemon white but cant get white forrest to work it says i needed to use entralink from someone on black can anyone do this with me who has black it wont take long :) I would really appreciate it x

Re: Need Help :(

I have pokemon white but cant get white forrest to work it says i needed to use entralink from someone on black can anyone do this with me who has black it wont take long :) I would really appreciate it x

You have to be able to "Go" to a person's black city, (Which means that the game has to be in the same area as you.) You use the entralink to go a player's black game's world. Go to black city and talk to the people there. The person needs to be withing about 30 feet of you, so We can't help you from the internet.

Re: Need Help :(

I have pokemon white but cant get white forest to work it says i needed to use entralink from someone on black can anyone do this with me who has black it wont take long :) I would really appreciate it x

also note that you have to have someone with a White cart physically next to you to do so.
Except in your case Danii, you'd need someone with a black cart sitting next to you.

This I think, is both a Bulbagarden and Pokemon question.

What colors do you recomend if you want to show a Pokemon's or a move's type? For example Flamethrower or Water Gun?

Well, Bulbapedia has some set color schemes they use for each type. If you want to find out what they use for a particular type, search Template:(Insert type here) color (modifier). The modifier can either be left blank to find the default hue, or filled in with "light" or "dark" to find variations on the hue.

For example:
Template:Normal color
Template:Normal color light

Question 1: Can you get Shiny forme of Reshiram, Victini, and Zekrom?
Question 2: If not why?

Question 1: Can you get Shiny forme of Reshiram, Victini, and Zekrom?
Question 2: If not why?

Reshiram and Zekrom should be able to be found shiny, Victini however, can not. It's just programmed that way.
Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini have a shiny check, meaning the coding in the game prevents them from ever appearing shiny.

@PrimalDialgaPrime; You can get a shiny legendary, it will however be from an event.

PS. I think Lavender Frost has groupies, because Likes for such a simple answer? Boggles the mind!

Last edited:

@PrimalDialgaPrime; You can get a shiny legendary, it will however be from an event.

PS. I think Lavender Frost has groupies, because Likes for such a simple answer? Boggles the mind!

You can't get Shiny pokemon from event (Unless they are programmed to be shiny, ie Shiny beasts) anyway thank you for the answer.

@PrimalDialgaPrime; I take offense that you assume I thought you could bypass the shiny check by getting a pokemon from an event. I was suggesting the ONLY way to get a Shiny Victini, Zekrom or Reshiram was if it were already shiny from the WonderCard. Anyway, enough of feeling butthurt.

You can't get Shiny pokemon from event (Unless they are programmed to be shiny, ie Shiny beasts) anyway thank you for the answer.

While this is technically true now, a few of the Japanese events released earlier this year didn't have shiny checks (specifically those released from March 1st to May 6th).

@PrimalDialgaPrime; I take offense that you assume I thought you could bypass the shiny check by getting a pokemon from an event. I was suggesting the ONLY way to get a Shiny Victini, Zekrom or Reshiram was if it were already shiny from the WonderCard. Anyway, enough of feeling butthurt.
Except that there currently isn't a wonder card for a shiny Victini, Reshiram or Zekrom...so as of right now, they're impossible to get legitimately.

I'm very tired of people nit-picking when someone is trying to be helpful. Mod or no.

I've been messing around with the Damage Formula lately and I'm stumped as to where the weather factors in. Can someone give me some guidance please?

Naive Nature Volt Tackle Pikachu?

Hi! First post! :)

I'm playing Heartgold but on SoulSilver and will trade a pichu over soon. I want to have a Pikachu on my team right when I start Heartgold!

My Pichu is LV 1 Naive Nature Somewhat of a Clown

I want to know if naive nature is a good choice or if I should look for another nature. I chose naive because it doesn't hinder attack or special attack and my soon to be Pikachu will know volt tackle and thunderbolt. The Light ball doubles special attack and attack so I didn't want a nature to weaken one of them. Naive raises speed. Good choice?

I also so far have bought 30 vitamins for the Pichu.
10 for Special Attack
10 for Attack
10 for Speed

Gonna buy more soon. My Pichu's stats don't appear to go up but they will when I battle right? :) And even if I trade the vitamins still count?

I'm actually not into competitive battling or EV or IV training, but even in-game Pikachus can have some trouble with weak defense so want to know if my Pichu is a good nature?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom