• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

If I switch out my Krookodile, after it's Moxie activates, will it reset?

Re: Naive Nature Volt Tackle Pikachu?

Hi
Just started platinum!( pretty behind I know).

Just wondering:
If I trade or import pokemon of a second or third evolution, do I get the pokedex entry for first or previous forms?

Hi! First post! :)

I'm playing Heartgold but on SoulSilver and will trade a pichu over soon. I want to have a Pikachu on my team right when I start Heartgold!

My Pichu is LV 1 Naive Nature Somewhat of a Clown

I want to know if naive nature is a good choice or if I should look for another nature. I chose naive because it doesn't hinder attack or special attack and my soon to be Pikachu will know volt tackle and thunderbolt. The Light ball doubles special attack and attack so I didn't want a nature to weaken one of them. Naive raises speed. Good choice?

I also so far have bought 30 vitamins for the Pichu.
10 for Special Attack
10 for Attack
10 for Speed

Gonna buy more soon. My Pichu's stats don't appear to go up but they will when I battle right? :) And even if I trade the vitamins still count?

I'm actually not into competitive battling or EV or IV training, but even in-game Pikachus can have some trouble with weak defense so want to know if my Pichu is a good nature?

The nature looks good. Does it have Volt Tackle on it though? 'Cause theres probly no use for highering the Attack stat if it doesn't have Volt Tackle.

When the Pichu levels up, you'll see some rise in the stats you invested in. The vitimines accually higher the EVs of a Pokemon so if you gave 1 Carbos to the Pichu, Pichu's Speed EV would go up by ten. And don't bother looking for the EVs in the game, 'cause it doesn't show it.

Hi! First post! :)

I'm playing Heartgold but on SoulSilver and will trade a pichu over soon. I want to have a Pikachu on my team right when I start Heartgold!

My Pichu is LV 1 Naive Nature Somewhat of a Clown

I want to know if naive nature is a good choice or if I should look for another nature. I chose naive because it doesn't hinder attack or special attack and my soon to be Pikachu will know volt tackle and thunderbolt. The Light ball doubles special attack and attack so I didn't want a nature to weaken one of them. Naive raises speed. Good choice?

I also so far have bought 30 vitamins for the Pichu.
10 for Special Attack
10 for Attack
10 for Speed

Gonna buy more soon. My Pichu's stats don't appear to go up but they will when I battle right? :) And even if I trade the vitamins still count?

I'm actually not into competitive battling or EV or IV training, but even in-game Pikachus can have some trouble with weak defense so want to know if my Pichu is a good nature?

The nature looks good. Does it have Volt Tackle on it though? 'Cause theres probly no use for highering the Attack stat if it doesn't have Volt Tackle.

When the Pichu levels up, you'll see some rise in the stats you invested in. The vitimines accually higher the EVs of a Pokemon so if you gave 1 Carbos to the Pichu, Pichu's Speed EV would go up by ten. And don't bother looking for the EVs in the game, 'cause it doesn't show it.

Thanks helped me a bunch! Yep Pichu has volt tackle! That's why I decided on naive! It ups speed and doesn't hinder special attack or attack. I'd love a nature to boost it's special attack but then attack would be lowered for volt tackle. So naive seems to work best.

And that's good to know! I seriously bought 10 of all the vitamins, got lots of money from the Pokemon league. So I'll give it ten vitamins in each stat. Even if I trade, the vitamins will still count I assume as I train. :)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

@Squirrelpaw;

Your welcome!

Keep in mind though, that Pichu can only have 510 EVs, and 255 in each stat, and each Pokemon that Pichu defeats, also offers a cirtain amount of EVs, ranging to 1 to 3.

Wheres the insect plate on Genesect? In the trivia, it says it is holding it.

Wheres the insect plate on Genesect? In the trivia, it says it is holding it.

I don't see it saying anything about Genesect holding a plate, but it does mention Arceus holding a plate. The page also hasn't been touched since the 14th of June.

Bulbapedia said:
Genesect is the only Bug-type legendary Pokémon, excluding Arceus holding the Insect Plate.

*is a Bulbapedia editor*

I've been messing around with the Damage Formula lately and I'm stumped as to where the weather factors in. Can someone give me some guidance please?

Rain powers up Water type moves by 50% and weakens Fire type moves by 50%, Sun does the exact opposite, weakening Water and strengthening Fire. Sandstorms increase the Special Defense of Rock type Pokemon by 50%. SolarBeam deals only half damage in any weather that isn't Sun. Fog doubles the power of Weather Ball. I think that's it.

Rain powers up Water type moves by 50% and weakens Fire type moves by 50%, Sun does the exact opposite, weakening Water and strengthening Fire. Sandstorms increase the Special Defense of Rock type Pokemon by 50%. SolarBeam deals only half damage in any weather that isn't Sun. Fog doubles the power of Weather Ball. I think that's it.

I think you misunderstood my question, I know what the conditions do, but I want to know where they factor into the formula itself.

I think you misunderstood my question, I know what the conditions do, but I want to know where they factor into the formula itself.

Such as before or after STAB or whatever? Everything adds or removes from the original power or stat and doesn't take into account other boosts, other than that I have no idea about anything going further into the formulas.

Well the formula goes like this
Bulbapedia said:
DamageCalc.png
And the Modifier goes like this
Bulbapedia said:
ModifierCalc.png

*STAB is the same-type attack bonus. This is equal to 1.5 if the attack is of the same type as the user, and 1 if otherwise.
*Type is the type effectiveness. This can be either 0, 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, or 4 depending on the type of attack and the type of the defending Pokémon.
*Critical is 2 for a critical hit, 1 otherwise. For Pokémon with Sniper, it is 3 for a critical hit.
*other counts for things like held items, field advantages, and whether the battle is a Double Battle or Triple Battle or not.
*rand is a random number from 0.85 to 1.00.

So what I don't know is where exactly the weather is factored in.

Maybe weather would be in the 'other' category?

So it would seem but information on pages like Rain Dance,

Bulbapedia said:
While Rain Dance is in effect, the base damage of using Water-type moves will be increased by 50% and the base damage of using SolarBeam and Fire-type moves will be decreased by 50&.

Makes it look like it directly affects the base damage of the move and does not go in the Modifier at all.

Has anyone played Pokémon Battle Revolution? What does the announcer say when Flamethrower defeats an enemy? You know, the way he says "Ice Beam hits!" or "Zapped by Thunderbolt!". I've never been able to understand what he says. It sounds like "Seems by Flamethrower" but that doesn't make any grammatical sense. And what does he say when Surf defeats an enemy? It sounds like "Surfed by Surf" but that doesn't make grammatical sense either. I also can't get what he says when Hydro Pump defeats someone. Something similar to "Swamped by Hydro Pump" but it's not that, obviously. Can someone tell me?

Does the Lucky Egg increase the experience you gain from using the Exp. Share?

Has anyone played Pokémon Battle Revolution? What does the announcer say when Flamethrower defeats an enemy? You know, the way he says "Ice Beam hits!" or "Zapped by Thunderbolt!". I've never been able to understand what he says. It sounds like "Seems by Flamethrower" but that doesn't make any grammatical sense. And what does he say when Surf defeats an enemy? It sounds like "Surfed by Surf" but that doesn't make grammatical sense either. I also can't get what he says when Hydro Pump defeats someone. Something similar to "Swamped by Hydro Pump" but it's not that, obviously. Can someone tell me?
He says "singed by Flamethrower" and "soaked by Surf".

Does the Lucky Egg increase the experience you gain from using the Exp. Share?
It doesn't. It'll only increase the exp of the Poké holding it.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom