• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: question about breeding (B/W1)

Only the male passes on egg moves. If you can make a male Pokemon with both moves and then breed it through chain breeding, yes.

hmmm wat? lol Im not sure if i get it. If i have female Ferrothorn i wanna breed it with male dwebble so i get a stealth rock Ferrothorn and then i need a male Sunkern and a female Ferrothorn but she wont pass the stealth rock so its IMPOSSIBLE. There is no pokemon who know SR/SB or LS and can breed with Ferrothorn. Saaad
Actually for example, torterra can learn stealth rock by TM in 4th generation (so i would have to trade) but it doesn say it can pass this move to Ferrothorn, if it could it would say chain breeding ?? Torterra can breed with Ferrothorn and give it Leech Seed but not Stealth rock. So i think its impossible

Hmm... I know it is possible to get both moves, I'm no breeding expert though so you'd have to look into it. Also if you so get a Torterra I don't see why that wouldn't work, as long as the Pokemon can inherit both moves it should work I'd assume.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

In this thread, it said that can play games like Pokemon Red, on my Gameboy Advance. Now how the heck can I do that!? I would love to do that!

In this thread, it said that can play games like Pokemon Red, on my Gameboy Advance. Now how the heck can I do that!? I would love to do that!

All the Gen I & II games are compatible with the Gameboy Advance. They fit in the same slot as the smaller GenIII cartridges.

All the GenI & II games are compatible with the Gameboy Advance. They fit in the same slot as the smaller GenIII cartridges.

So I can play them on my Gameboy SP?

Hmm... I know it is possible to get both moves, I'm no breeding expert though so you'd have to look into it. Also if you so get a Torterra I don't see why that wouldn't work, as long as the Pokemon can inherit both moves it should work I'd assume.

well it doesnt say it can breed stealth rock with torterra T_T i checked, it usually says it can chain breed or something. Anyway i guess the only way to do something like that is by using Smeargle. Except
Ferrothorn is not in the fileld group... ;3
Anyways, thanks for replying

Ok i've been reading around Smogon about moves suited for a Froslass, and it lists Pain Split, but i can't for the life of me see anyway to get this move onto Froslass...What am i missing? I've tried looking through the pedia, but i'm not turning anything up :S

EDIT: never-mind, seems it's a Gen 4 Move Tutor thing.

Last edited:

well it doesnt say it can breed stealth rock with torterra T_T i checked, it usually says it can chain breed or something. Anyway i guess the only way to do something like that is by using Smeargle. Except
Ferrothorn is not in the fileld group... ;3
Anyways, thanks for replying

It might just say it can't on Bulbapedia because Torterra has no way of learning it in Gen. V yet. If you can get a male Torterra with Stealth Rock to breed with a female Ferrothorn, the baby should learn Stealth Rock as an egg move.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I have an interesting question that I've been wondering about for a while:

Is it possible to get a red Gyarados that knows Bounce and has a DW ability?

Does anyone know how to get Pokemon to appear in White Forest? I haven't been able to find any Pokemon...

Does anyone know how to get Pokemon to appear in White Forest? I haven't been able to find any Pokemon...
Use the Entralink to connect to a nearby copy of Black and go to Black Forest in it. You'll be able to take people back to your White Forest, and as long as you keep those people from leaving, there are Pokemon to catch there.

Use the Entralink to connect to a nearby copy of Black and go to Black Forest in it. You'll be able to take people back to your White Forest, and as long as you keep those people from leaving, there are Pokemon to catch there.

So I have to use Entralink first?

So I have to use Entralink first?
To connect to a nearby Black, yes.

Can I have a Level 1 Pawniward with Psycho Cut, Iron Head, and Night Slash?

Can I have a Level 1 Pawniward with Psycho Cut, Iron Head, and Night Slash?
If you had a male Bisharp/Pawniard with all three of those moves, the offspring might hatch with them. I'm sorry, but I dunno if it would hatch with them or not. I know that it learns everything but Psycho Cut via level up, though.

To connect to a nearby Black, yes.
I mean just to catch the Pokemon, I need to be connected to EntraLink? this is where having no friends really hurts...
To catch them you don't need to be connected at the time, but as your forest is empty, you need to connect to a Black in order to fill it with Pokemon

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom