• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I have an interesting question that I've been wondering about for a while:

Is it possible to get a red Gyarados that knows Bounce and has a DW ability?

Not with Bounce, no. But you are able to breed Moxie Gyarados, thus the possibility of a shiny. But the only way for a Moxie Gyarados to have Bounce would be if it came from the DW, and all DW pokemon are set to never be shiny (iirc that is).

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

If I remember correctly, Bounce is a move tutor move in B2/W2, so you should be able to teach a shiny Moxie Gyarados Bounce.

I have an interesting question that I've been wondering about for a while:

Is it possible to get a red Gyarados that knows Bounce and has a DW ability?

Not with Bounce, no. But you are able to breed Moxie Gyarados, thus the possibility of a shiny. But the only way for a Moxie Gyarados to have Bounce would be if it came from the DW, and all DW pokemon are set to never be shiny (iirc that is).
Okay, thanks for the info!

If I remember correctly, Bounce is a move tutor move in B2/W2, so you should be able to teach a shiny Moxie Gyarados Bounce.

I just looked it up, and yes, Bounce is one of the move tutor moves in BW2. So that solves everything! Thanks!

I'm making a competive LC team, but I don't understand the EVs for LC. Can someone help me with that?

How exactly do you find Riolu in Sangi Ranch? Does it appear normally, or only at a certain time of day, or only in rustling grass or something?

How exactly do you find Riolu in Sangi Ranch? Does it appear normally, or only at a certain time of day, or only in rustling grass or something?
Normally, but it's very rare.

Is there a set rule for how a Lillipup's abilites change when it evolves?

Like, if it has Pickup it will get Intimidate and if it has Vital Spirit it will get Sand Rush or vice versa? Or is it random?

Thanks in advance.

Is there a set rule for how a Lillipup's abilites change when it evolves?

Like, if it has Pickup it will get Intimidate and if it has Vital Spirit it will get Sand Rush or vice versa? Or is it random?

Thanks in advance.

I believe it is indeed:
Vital Spirit >> Intimidate
Pickup >> Sand Rush

Here are two questions for y'all:

1. What's the purpose of Full Incense?
  2. What's the difference between Wave Incense and Sea Incense?

Last edited:

Here are two few questions for y'all:

Full Incense = Primary Effect: Forces holder to make moves last. / Secondary Effect: Causes Snorlax to produce a Munchlax Egg while at the Pokémon Day Care.

Sea Incense = Primary Effect: Enhances Water-type moves by 20%. / Secondary Effect: Causes Marill and Azumarill to produce an Azurill Egg while at the Pokémon Day Care.

Wave Incense = Primary Effect: Raises the power of Water-type moves. / Secondary Effect: Causes Mantine to produce a Mantyke Egg while at the Pokémon Day Care.

Full Incense = Primary Effect: Forces holder to make moves last. / Secondary Effect: Causes Snorlax to produce a Munchlax Egg while at the Pokémon Day Care.

Sea Incense = Primary Effect: Enhances Water-type moves by 20%. / Secondary Effect: Causes Marill and Azumarill to produce an Azurill Egg while at the Pokémon Day Care.

Wave Incense = Primary Effect: Raises the power of Water-type moves. / Secondary Effect: Causes Mantine to produce a Mantyke Egg while at the Pokémon Day Care.

What I meant was what's the purpose of you making a move, last? Also, which is better to use: Wave Incense or Sea Incense?

What I meant was what's the purpose of you making a move, last? Also, which is better to use: Wave Incense or Sea Incense?

It's very useful if you're trying to get a Smeargle to sketch a move of a slower pokemon. Other than that, there are certain moves that do more damage if they go last. What those are, i dont know off the top of my head, sorry.

I guess Sea?

It's very useful if you're trying to get a Smeargle to sketch a move of a slower pokemon. Other than that, there are certain moves that do more damage if they go last. What those are, i dont know off the top of my head, sorry.

I guess Sea?

OK, thank you.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I'm playing Pokemon Diamond and I'm in the secret part of Wayward Cave. Does anyone know how to access this part of it?

67589d1340720619-simple-questions-simple-answers-gens-1-4-wayward-cave-secret-area-help.png
And sorry if I didn't post the picture right (I'm sorta new to putting pictures on this forum).
EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out.

Last edited:

Why is forme spelled with an e? To my knowledge, it's not a dialect-based spelling (such as "colour" or "centre"), and I've only ever seen Pokemon (games/discussion/other media) use it. Please explain.

@Angad; @Lord Clowncrete; @ShadowBlaziken;

I'm making a LC team, and I'm making it by hand. I can't quite seem to get the right IV I want though, and this is the nearest I got:

Pawniard - #624 (Impish)
Female (♀) Defiant
HP: 31
Att: 20 - 21
Def: 31
SpA: 6 - 7
SpD: 8 - 9
Speed: 31

Is 20-21 a good IV?

Should I go with this, or try for what I want, which is 31 in Attack, Defence, and Speed?

20 - 21 is okay, you could take something a bit better. Besides Special defense and Special attack, it has some pretty slick IV's.

Could be better, you really should try for a better Special Defense IV. Still good, though.

What are all (or some) of the Trainers where all of their Pokemon have 31 IVs?

Why is forme spelled with an e? To my knowledge, it's not a dialect-based spelling (such as "colour" or "centre"), and I've only ever seen Pokemon (games/discussion/other media) use it. Please explain.

It's just artistic license. They try to make the legendary "formes" seem more unique by spelling it differently.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom