• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Do you earn EVs in the Battle Subway?

@Angad; @Lord Clowncrete; @ShadowBlaziken;

I'm making a LC team, and I'm making it by hand. I can't quite seem to get the right IV I want though, and this is the nearest I got:

Pawniard - #624 (Impish)
Female (♀) Defiant
HP: 31
Att: 20 - 21
Def: 31
SpA: 6 - 7
SpD: 8 - 9
Speed: 31

Is 20-21 a good IV?

Should I go with this, or try for what I want, which is 31 in Attack, Defence, and Speed?

LC mons are generally lvl 5 and ivs don't really have too heavy an impact on them. You can try using him. Check a stats calculator to determine how much power you are losing.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Can Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 detect bootleg cartridges? I'm not talking about modified/hacked 1st and 2nd gen games; I'm referring to bootlegged cartridges that are identical to the games they were based on.
Also, can a non-Japanese Stadium 1 and 2 cart play the Japanese versions of RBY/GSC?

And one more question so I don't have to double post...can generation I pokemon show up as shiny when trading with a generation II game? Or are they all normal colored by default because of the lack of the shiny factor in RBY?

Last edited:
I am new so i need some1 to help me explaining everything xD

ok I am new to playing original pokemon games , i used to play emulators but meh nothing fun without trading online , but now i really dont know anything so i need help with :

1- need some1 to explain everything about dream world and what can i do there ?

2- how to know if there is an event ?

3- is old events that i missed is going to come back ?

4- how to get legendries ? I like Celebi and Jirachi so i want them legal , is there a possible way to get them ?

thank you very much

@Tifa;
1. The Dream World is a website used with Pokemon Black and White and Black 2 AND White 2 where you send over a Pokemon. You sync your game with your account on the website. There you can find Pokemon that have different abilities than normal and once you befriend them by playing a minigame and winning, bring them back to your game. You can also grow Berries there, as its the only way to get Berries in Gen 5.

2. You can find out about events on websites like this. This thread has a list of events currently running and how to get them:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/current-upcoming-events-faq-123440/

3. Events dont usually come back after they are over. If you want an event Pokemon you missed, you can trade for them, we have a trade forum where you can ask for them.

4. You can the trade forum, you might find someone willing to trade legit event Pokemon for another Pokemon they want.

ok I am new to playing original pokemon games , i used to play emulators but meh nothing fun without trading online , but now i really dont know anything so i need help with :

1- need some1 to explain everything about dream world and what can i do there ?

2- how to know if there is an event ?

3- is old events that i missed is going to come back ?

4- how to get legendries ? I like Celebi and Jirachi so i want them legal , is there a possible way to get them ?

thank you very much

To add to what Lavender Frost said:

1) The Pokemon Global Link Manual can explain everything better than i could. It also has PDF files that walk you through the various things you can do.

2) Pokemon.com will usually show a promotion (as well as the PGL if it's a Dream World event) announcing the event. There may also be commercials on the tv talking about it. And as Frost linked to, we have our own thread dedicated to keeping our users up-to-date on what events are happening or about to close.

3-4) Very old events (like more than a year old) usually don't make a return unless it's an international debut of the event (if it was previously Japanese exclusive). The only way to obtain old events is to either hack them into your game, or trade for them from someone who is willing to trade for them here in out own Global Trade Station forum.

Can the move relearner make a pokemon relearn TM moves that it new before? (i.e. Empoleon relearning Flash Cannon after forgetting it)

Can the move relearner make a pokemon relearn TM moves that it new before? (i.e. Empoleon relearning Flash Cannon after forgetting it)

Not TM's, only moves the Pokemon learns naturally I'm afraid.

Alright so Playing my whiite version catching a bunch of solosis because I was going to IV/EV train a beast when when Blam!! Shiny Liepard I freaked out and caught it and made me happy. I want to Ev train this one I looked and here are his IV's if you are wondering
Hp-20-24
Attk-16-19 -10%
Def- 22-26
special attack- 20-23 +10%
special defense- 30
speed- 6-9
So what Iv's do you think I should add I was thinking special attack not too sure what else. Also what would be a movveset? This is what I am thinking thunderwave, nasty plot, sucker punch, and hyper beam. What do you think? Or got a good suggestion?

my problem in pokemon black and white

i went to the bottom of relic castle to catch volcrana. i want a shiny one though. i tried using the soft-reset method. i tried for like three-to-four hours but i still cant get it. this guy on youtube he caught a shiny valcrana in like ten minutes and he proved he wasnt using a action replay. so how long do you think it will take me to catch one? this is the URL to the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhwg7bAFDGo

Triple Battle Trouble

So in White I ended up in a triple battle. two of my pokemon fainted in the first round and I only have one useable pokemon left as my other two slots have eggs in them. Every time I try to select my only available pokemon it keeps returning to the selection screen of who to send out. HELP!!!

Re: Triple Battle Trouble

That Pokemon is already out, it sounds like.
Triple battles always sends out all available Pokemon, so if you only had 3 useable Pokemon when you started the battle, it should already be out.

That Pokemon is already out, it sounds like.
Triple battles always sends out all available Pokemon, so if you only had 3 useable Pokemon when you started the battle, it should already be out.

Either that or it is the annoying feature. You choose your Pokemon, it goes to the select screen, and you choose where you want it to be by tapping the first 'mon, second 'mon, or third mon' in the party. I HATE IT TOO.

Oh, I've only done in-game triple battles so nothing's fainted for me to know that happens, but that sounds useful, if annoying, since placement in triple battles is important.

Re: my problem in pokemon black and white

@zimkhan;
The answer is... NOBODY KNOWS. Some people are lucky and manage to get it quickly, and that's really what it boils down to. Luck. There's no telling when you'll get it, or even if you will. Case in point, I've been playing the games since the beginning and haven't come across a single Shiny. I even spent an entire Saturday trying to get a Shiny Groudon on one occasion. After almost 24 hours of boredom and really not caring by the end, I still didn't encounter one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: my problem in pokemon black and white

i went to the bottom of relic castle to catch volcrana. i want a shiny one though. i tried using the soft-reset method. i tried for like three-to-four hours but i still cant get it. this guy on youtube he caught a shiny valcrana in like ten minutes and he proved he wasnt using a action replay. so how long do you think it will take me to catch one? this is the URL to the youtube video: LIVE! Shiny Volcarona in White Version! - YouTube

Four hours is hardly an expectable time for finding a shiny; some soft reset for months for a single stationary. The chance on any isolated attempt is always 1/8192 or 0.0122%. You can keep trying but expect to spend lots of time on it.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom