• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Can anybody give me some ideas to win against my friend? I'll supply you with the Pokemon he uses... I can't remember a lot of them, he has over 20 which he rotates around. But here's the list:
-Hydreigon
-Abomasnow
-Gliscor
-Garchomp
-Salamence
-Tyranitar
-Metagross
-Hippowdon
-Haxorus
-Lucario
-Volcarona
-Drapion
-

he does over-use Dragons, sometimes 2-3 in his team, so could I build off that?

Last edited:

Can anybody give me some ideas to win against my friend? I'll supply you with the Pokemon he uses... I can't remember a lot of them, he has over 20 which he rotates around. But here's the list:
-Hydreigon
-Abomasnow
-Gliscor
-Garchomp
-Salamence
-Tyranitar
-Metagross
-Hippowdon
-Haxorus

Hmm.... thinking about it, except for Tyranitar and Metagross, all his Pokemon are weak to Ice. In fact, all of them except Hippowdon have a 4x weakness to it. Try ice and ground types for the Tyranitar and Metagross. I think Mamoswine would be the most effective Pokemon, since it has an ice and ground typing. I remember you can obtain one by leveling up a Piloswine with Ancient Power, or sometimes in the rustling grass at Giant Chasm you can catch one, but leveling up Piloswine is more effective.

Edit: I accidentally skipped Abomasnow. Try using a fire type, or a flying type, like Moltres for that one, or if you don't use legendaries, Charizard for that situation. Happy to help.

-Hydreigon
-Abomasnow
-Gliscor
-Garchomp
-Salamence
-Tyranitar
-Metagross
-Hippowdon
-Haxorus

Hmm.... thinking about it, except for Tyranitar and Metagross, all his Pokemon are weak to Ice. In fact, all of them except Hippowdon have a 4x weakness to it. Try ice and ground types for the Tyranitar and Metagross. I think Mamoswine would be the most effective Pokemon, since it has an ice and ground typing. I remember you can obtain one by leveling up a Piloswine with Ancient Power, or sometimes in the rustling grass at Giant Chasm you can catch one, but leveling up Piloswine is more effective.

Edit: I accidentally skipped Abomasnow. Try using a fire type, or a flying type, like Moltres for that one, or if you don't use legendaries, Charizard for that situation. Happy to help.

Yes, but he has others which I forget... Drapion is one... He might use Volcarona, I'll redo the whole list in my original post because I'm inviting him over right now to check his Pokemon, he lets me and doesn't care (shows how cocky he is :c). I was so much better than him when he moved here :mad:

Last edited:

-Hydreigon
-Abomasnow
-Gliscor
-Garchomp
-Salamence
-Tyranitar
-Metagross
-Hippowdon
-Haxorus

Yes, but he has others which I forget... Drapion is one... He might use Volcarona, I'll redo the whole list in my original post because I'm inviting him over right now to check his Pokemon, he lets me and doesn't care (shows how cocky he is :c). I was so much better than him when he moved here :mad:

Hmm... for Drapion and Volcarona, Earthquake will still do good damage. So... I will try to help with the full list later.

I have a question need answered quickly. I'm about to evolve my Rhydon, his ability right now is Rock Head. I want to make sure the Rhyperior I end up with has the ability Solid Rock NOT lightning rod. Once I evolve my Rhydon will it's ability change to Solid Rock since its current ability is Rock Head? Or will it go to lightning rod? or is it just random? I only have one protector so I have to get this right.

I have a question need answered quickly. I'm about to evolve my Rhydon, his ability right now is Rock Head. I want to make sure the Rhyperior I end up with has the ability Solid Rock NOT lightning rod. Once I evolve my Rhydon will it's ability change to Solid Rock since its current ability is Rock Head? Or will it go to lightning rod? or is it just random? I only have one protector so I have to get this right.
It seems pretty simple to me, if Rhydon doesn't have Lightningrod then Rhypherior shouldn't. In theory.

can some tell me the easiest way to breed a shiny ? i been breding for days my fingers so tiered from turning rihgt-left and still no single shiny :x

can some tell me the easiest way to breed a shiny ? i been breding for days my fingers so tiered from turning rihgt-left and still no single shiny :x

No. There is no easy way. It's entirely luck-based. The Masuda Method can slightly increase your chances. But don't expect to be able to quickly breed a shiny.

in dream world after i keep looking for the poke i want but cant find for a while
pokemons disappear and i cant encounter any pokes or items , may i know why and how to be able to meet em again?

Unfortunately Tifa, after so many visits to the Island of Dreams during a single session, everything will be dried out within the Island. The only way to reset it would mean waking up your Pokémon and either putting that same Pokémon back in or choosing a different Pokémon to put in.

The limit is usually random. Sometimes it can be like 4-7 visits if I recall correctly.

Also not finding any Pokémon or items could also happen if you keep the same Pokémon asleep without ever waking it up.

Last edited:

You can always see which ability a Pokemon will get after evolving on Bulbapedia on both of the Pokemon's respective pages depending on which ability is mentioned first in the Ability box on the right of the page. For example, on Rhydon's page Lightningrod comes first and Rock Head comes second in the Ability box on the right. On Rhyperior's page Lightningrod also comes first and Solid Rock second.

Thus:

Lightningrod -----> Lightningrod

Rock Head -----> Solid Rock

Hope that clears things up.

You can always see which ability a Pokemon will get after evolving on Bulbapedia on both of the Pokemon's respective pages depending on which ability is mentioned first in the Ability box on the right of the page. For example, on Rhydon's page Lightningrod comes first and Rock Head comes second in the Ability box on the right. On Rhyperior's page Lightningrod also comes first and Solid Rock second.

Thus:

Lightningrod -----> Lightningrod

Rock Head -----> Solid Rock

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks for the response.

Guys, I don't know what's going on with my Black game... It's like the clock is not working anymore... It got stuck in Winter, and it's June, so it's supposed to be Summer. Also, days go by and the trainers in Black city won't battle me anymore, because it's like I had battled them already. The man near Undella Town who gives gifts away won't give me anything and always tells me to come back tomorrow. It's like I had gotten the gift already. The trainers in the Big and Small stadiums in Nimbasa City also won't fight me...

WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!?!

Guys, I don't know what's going on with my Black game... It's like the clock is not working anymore... It got stuck in Winter, and it's June, so it's supposed to be Summer. Also, days go by and the trainers in Black city won't battle me anymore, because it's like I had battled them already. The man near Undella Town who gives gifts away won't give me anything and always tells me to come back tomorrow. It's like I had gotten the gift already. The trainers in the Big and Small stadiums in Nimbasa City also won't fight me...

WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!?!

Have you messed with your DS's clock? And how long has this been occuring?

WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!?!

Have you messed with your DS's clock? And how long has this been occuring?

I don't remember having done that. It's been occurring since April :( Can messing with the DS's clock damage the game's internal clock?

I don't remember having done that. It's been occurring since April :( Can messing with the DS's clock damage the game's internal clock?
I don't think there is one for the DS games, but I do know that messing with the clock will affect the game. If you set the clock in to a time in the future (let's say August first) and went about your business and then afterwords put the clock back to the day it was on, you would not be able to battle for either 24 hours afterwords or on August first. Or it could be both. But this case seems unusual in that it shouldn't be lasting this long. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Okay, I have a potentially dumb question. I'm not able to use Game Sync on Black version. I didn't use any cheating devices, and even though I switched game systems, I've waited 24 hours and it still won't connect. It keeps saying that Game Sync is out of energy and needs one day to recharge. Anything I can do for that? o.o

Okay, I have a potentially dumb question. I'm not able to use Game Sync on Black version. I didn't use any cheating devices, and even though I switched game systems, I've waited 24 hours and it still won't connect. It keeps saying that Game Sync is out of energy and needs one day to recharge. Anything I can do for that? o.o

If you switch game systems, you have to wait 48 hours instead of the normal 24 hours.

Damn. Ah well. That means it should be working tomorrow. Thanks :3

Ok so I was wondering if it is at all possible to obtain pokemon or items from past events

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom