• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

You cannot recieve past events generally on your games, but the Pokemon themselves can be traded for. I suggest asking for Event Pokemon in this section: Bulbagarden Global Trade Station Event Items cannot be obtained after the event that gives the item away is over.

Ok, thank you. Is there any way of knowing when a future event is coming up so one doesn't miss it?

I don't remember having done that. It's been occurring since April :( Can messing with the DS's clock damage the game's internal clock?
I don't think there is one for the DS games, but I do know that messing with the clock will affect the game. If you set the clock in to a time in the future (let's say August first) and went about your business and then afterwords put the clock back to the day it was on, you would not be able to battle for either 24 hours afterwords or on August first. Or it could be both. But this case seems unusual in that it shouldn't be lasting this long. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Somehow it started to work normally today and I didn't do anything :| I battled everyone in Black City again, the Heart Scale woman and the Gift Man gave me things, I battled everyone in the Big and Small Stadium, etc... What a weird thing. I wonder what happened. Anyway, thank you very much for your help!

Somehow it started to work normally today and I didn't do anything :| I battled everyone in Black City again, the Heart Scale woman and the Gift Man gave me things, I battled everyone in the Big and Small Stadium, etc... What a weird thing. I wonder what happened. Anyway, thank you very much for your help!

I'm glad to hear that it's started working again. You're welcome.

Actually, the last person's question made me wonder.

So when I was first playing through B/W, I -could- have gotten to Black City relatively quickly... had I not been a complete idiot and decided not to venture forth because the Pokémon in the outside of tall grass on Route 16 were considerably stronger than mine in terms of level. I figured "I'll come back later, when my Pokémon reach a higher level. It's clear that I'm not yet supposed to be at this part of the level, so naturally I will turn around and go the other way. What possible ill effects could it have on my gameplay experience." By the time I remembered, my Pokémon were all in their level 40's and I had just beaten N and the main story. So I went back and much to my annoyance, Black City had and has no population. Bearing in mind, I was trying to avoid strategy guides and internet assistance, so I had no idea the city even existed, let alone there was a time limit on reaching it.

With that said, is there any way I can naturally build up a population, without having to use multiple DS systems or Wifi connections, since I can't really do either? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

I want to evolve my pansage, but I don't know when to evolve it. Will he have better stats if he evolves sooner than later?

I want to evolve my pansage, but I don't know when to evolve it. Will he have better stats if he evolves sooner than later?
If you evolve it later, it will learn other moves by level up, notably Leech Seed, Crunch, Recycle, and Natural Gift. The last move Pansage learns is Crunch at lv. 43.

The stats will be the same though.

If you evolve it later, it will learn other moves by level up, notably Leech Seed, Crunch, Recycle, and Natural Gift. The last move Pansage learns is Crunch at lv. 43.

The stats will be the same though.

So, the only reason to not evolve him ASAP is to learn moves? Thank you.

Actually, the last person's question made me wonder.

So when I was first playing through B/W, I -could- have gotten to Black City relatively quickly... had I not been a complete idiot and decided not to venture forth because the Pokémon in the outside of tall grass on Route 16 were considerably stronger than mine in terms of level. I figured "I'll come back later, when my Pokémon reach a higher level. It's clear that I'm not yet supposed to be at this part of the level, so naturally I will turn around and go the other way. What possible ill effects could it have on my gameplay experience." By the time I remembered, my Pokémon were all in their level 40's and I had just beaten N and the main story. So I went back and much to my annoyance, Black City had and has no population. Bearing in mind, I was trying to avoid strategy guides and internet assistance, so I had no idea the city even existed, let alone there was a time limit on reaching it.

With that said, is there any way I can naturally build up a population, without having to use multiple DS systems or Wifi connections, since I can't really do either? Thanks in advance.
No. The only ways to fill it are to have two DSes nearby, or to restart the game.

No. The only ways to fill it are to have two DSes nearby, or to restart the game.
Well, then. That's unfortunate. Maybe one day, when I'm old and am constantly blowing all my retirement money on age-concealing creams that don't work, 3DS systems will go down in price and this will remedy the situation since I really don't want to restart now that I've grown attached to all my Pokémon.

When a pokémon is confused, what's the percentage of hurting itself? Or, is it always random? What about when it's effected with Attract?

When a pokémon is confused, what's the percentage of hurting itself? Or, is it always random? What about when it's effected with Attract?

Both Confusion and Infatuation have a 50% of preventing the Pokemon from attacking.

As it's my first post here - hello everyone!

I have a Pokémon Platinum and Pokémon FireRed (and some more). In FireRed I have 6 Pokémon in party and 7 in PC Box, and I want to move 6 of them to Platinum. But when it comes to transfer, game says that "there aren't six Pokémon in PC Boxes". I'm sure they have no items or HM-s. Why it doesn't work?

Would an Absol, that I can catch in HeartGold, have better stats than an Absol that I can catch in White? In HeartGold, the level range is 5-6, while the level range in White is 48-60.

Would an Absol, that I can catch in HeartGold, have better stats than an Absol that I can catch in White? In HeartGold, the level range is 5-6, while the level range in White is 48-60.
They'd have the same stats. It doesn't matter what game you catch them in.

But if they're different levels, yes. If you caught one if HG and one in White, and leveled them up to the same level (ignoring EV's, IV's, and nature) they'd have the same stats.

They'd have the same stats. It doesn't matter what game you catch them in.

But if they're different levels, yes. If you caught one if HG and one in White, and leveled them up to the same level (ignoring EV's, IV's, and nature) they'd have the same stats.

OK, thank you.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

And one more question so I don't have to double post...can generation I pokemon show up as shiny when trading with a generation II game? Or are they all normal colored by default because of the lack of the shiny factor in RBY?
They can be shiny, if they have the correct IVs.

Well, then. That's unfortunate. Maybe one day, when I'm old and am constantly blowing all my retirement money on age-concealing creams that don't work, 3DS systems will go down in price and this will remedy the situation since I really don't want to restart now that I've grown attached to all my Pokémon.

Well, if it makes you feel at least a little bit better, Black City and White Forest aren't accessible until after you've beaten the main game, anyway, so your choice to not go down that route had no effect on it. I realize that's not much of a consolation, but it appears the situation was out of your hands.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom