• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I don't know if we can ask about in game teams here, but I'll try anyway.

I'm planning on restarting my White version. And I want to use Leavanny & Galvantula, and Emboar & Mienshao. Is there anything wrong with having two bug and two fighting pokemon on my team? I plan for Galvantula to be mainly Electric, Leavanny would be all around, Emboar would be mainly fire, and Mienshao would be mainly fighting. (And there is absolutely no way I'm going to leave Mienshao off my team.)

And just in case, I'm also planning on using a Swanna and a Krookodile.

Nah you should be fine. Just use whatever you want.

Is there a fixed amount of times you can battle Cynthia, or is it infinite? I get good EXP., battling her.

Is there a fixed amount of times you can battle Cynthia, or is it infinite? I get good EXP., battling her.
I'm pretty sure that she appears once every Spring and Summer. She can apparently be battled once a day in Spring.

Whats "Challenge Mode" in BW2?

This thread discusses about it. It's basically just a difficulty setting that's only unlockable in Black 2. But if someone who's played Black 2 and unlocked it has a friend who wants to play through the story with more of a challenge, that friend can send the other a key to unlock their challenge mode.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Question regarding EVs, for games in III and IV.

So we have stat. increases based on EVs. Suppose I maximise defense EV and have attack EV at minimum, at, let's say level 98. Level up and all stat. bonuses are applied properly. Then I feed berries, vitamins, train, etc. so that defense is at minimum and attack is maximised. Level up again, what happens? Will bonus points be reassigned as the EVs change? Will I get a decrease in the defense stat.?

In short, what is the effect of a drastic decrease in EV at high levels?

Can you 'create' your own shiny pokemon in Gen I?

Hey all,

I read on Bulbapedia a pokemon can be shiny if it has certain stats. I was wondering if you could modify the stats in Pokemon Red/blue with the missingno glitch and then trade it to get a shiny pokemon? Or doesn't it work like that? :) Was just wondering this!

Re: Can you 'create' your own shiny pokemon in Gen I?

Any pokemon from gen 1 will be non-shiny, no matter what

Re: Can you 'create' your own shiny pokemon in Gen I?

... Unless you trade it to G/S/C.

I've heard that you can get a shiny Ditto by trading a shiny from Gen 2 and catching Ditto after it transforms into it. Apparently Ditto permanently copies the shiny's IVs, so you can trade it back to G/S/C and get a shiny Ditto. As for other species, there's people working on creating Pokemon via the Celebi egg glitch, which might let you control IVs, but I'm not sure.

Yep, here you go: Shiny ditto glitch.

Do you know if it has to be the day or your birthday month?

It should be available at any time during the month, so long as you activate it through the mail your account receives.

I don't know if this is a SIMPLE question, but:

Why is Venipede one of the top 10 pokemon most commonly traded on the GTS?

I understand Magnemite, coz they're currently having a Coil/Magnemite Loop going for the Joint Avenue feature, but Venipede? Why?? Is there something awesome about Venipede which I missed out?

I don't know if this is a SIMPLE question, but:

Why is Venipede one of the top 10 pokemon most commonly traded on the GTS?

I understand Magnemite, coz they're currently having a Coil/Magnemite Loop going for the Joint Avenue feature, but Venipede? Why?? Is there something awesome about Venipede which I missed out?

Idk if this is the reason, but Venipede has been released with its DW ability to BW2 players, so it's possible it's being traded to BW1 players.

My brother (playing Black) is having trouble getting Landorus to turn up at the Abundant Shrine. The only Tornadus he has is a traded one, and claims the one in-game has vanished.

I don't think he would forget knocking it out by mistake, and suspect he's just missing the storms, but is there any other possible answer?

And if it *is* just a matter of following the storms, does Flying to the nearest spot cause the pokemon to move on or not?

Understandably, he didn't seem to like my suggestion I'd give him my Landorus instead... -_-;

Im not sure but you might need to have encountered/caught Tornadus and Thurderus to make Landorus appear. Both need to be in your game to encounter Landorus, try going back and forth between two routes until it is in the same route as you.

Lavender Frost is correct. While I can not really help your brother out in regards to tracking down the in-game Tornadus, I can say that Landorus requires the in-game Tornadus to be caught. Traded Tornadus in Black will not activate Landorus.

I think it's easier to run into Tornadus when it's roaming around the Northern routes. It does that in the evenings.

My brother (playing Black) is having trouble getting Landorus to turn up at the Abundant Shrine. The only Tornadus he has is a traded one, and claims the one in-game has vanished.

I don't think he would forget knocking it out by mistake, and suspect he's just missing the storms, but is there any other possible answer?
According to Bulbapedia, one of the two need to be from his game. In order to see Landorus, he will need to catch the Tornadus in his game. If he has in fact knocked out Tornadus, then he needs to beat the Elite Four and retrigger the event that causes it to roam. I would do this by going to the gatehouse on Route 10, talk to the woman behind the desk who will tell you about a big storm on Route 7. Go there and go to the second house on the route. A old lady will pull you inside and tell you the legend. And then when you exit the house, you should find that Tornadus is outside. Then all you need to do is track it down using the billboards in the gatehouses and catch it.
And if it *is* just a matter of following the storms, does Flying to the nearest spot cause the pokemon to move on or not?
I believe it does make the Pokemon move.

Can someone help we with the movepool of my in game Lilligant? It has Own Tempo, so Petal Dance is a must have move.

Right now I'm thinking:
Petal Dance
Giga Drain (For healing purposes)
Aromatherapy
Toxic

@toonytown; Sleep Powder is awesome, and I recommend it over Toxic. You don't need the extra poison damage when you can destroy things with Petal Dance. And in game Aromatherapy isn't as useful when you can use Full Heals and the like, so maybe try Quiver Dance or something.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom