• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

@toonytown; Sleep Powder is awesome, and I recommend it over Toxic. You don't need the extra poison damage when you can destroy things with Petal Dance. And in game Aromatherapy isn't as useful when you can use Full Heals and the like, so maybe try Quiver Dance or something.

I completely forgot about Quiver Dance. Thanks :) And Sleep Powder sounds good for helping me catch Legendaries. Thank you for the help

Im not sure but you might need to have encountered/caught Tornadus and Thurderus to make Landorus appear. Both need to be in your game to encounter Landorus, try going back and forth between two routes until it is in the same route as you.

Will pass that on. I think I ended up getting lucky in White with Thundurus.

Lavender Frost is correct. While I can not really help your brother out in regards to tracking down the in-game Tornadus, I can say that Landorus requires the in-game Tornadus to be caught. Traded Tornadus in Black will not activate Landorus.

I think it's easier to run into Tornadus when it's roaming around the Northern routes. It does that in the evenings.

The point about evenings is useful, thanks.

According to Bulbapedia, one of the two need to be from his game. In order to see Landorus, he will need to catch the Tornadus in his game. If he has in fact knocked out Tornadus, then he needs to beat the Elite Four and retrigger the event that causes it to roam. I would do this by going to the gatehouse on Route 10, talk to the woman behind the desk who will tell you about a big storm on Route 7. Go there and go to the second house on the route. A old lady will pull you inside and tell you the legend. And then when you exit the house, you should find that Tornadus is outside. Then all you need to do is track it down using the billboards in the gatehouses and catch it.
And if it *is* just a matter of following the storms, does Flying to the nearest spot cause the pokemon to move on or not?
I believe it does make the Pokemon move.

Good to know about Fly changing the route. I'll also suggest trying the Elite Four.

Thanks for the help, all of you.

I went to Prof. Juniper's lab, to grab the TMs she will give to you. I then spoke to Bianca, when she told me that she would like to battle. Do I get to battle her, post-game?

I believe you can battle her post-game at weekends.

Just wondering in the Hypothetical scenario were Pokemon had all there abilities at the tame time, would this be true?

(Conkeldurr + Burn + Life Orbe) hits a none ghost with DynamicPunch = Opponent knocked int next weak?

I meant in a hypocritical scenario were they have all of them.

Just wondering in the Hypothetical scenario were Pokemon had all there abilities at the tame time, would this be true?

(Conkeldurr + Burn + Life Orbe) hits a none ghost with DynamicPunch = Opponent knocked int next weak?

I'm pretty sure that not much could survive an attack that big, especially if it's weak to fighting.

Is there any point to the Pretty Wings? I can sell them for $100 a go, is that it?

Never mind, Bulbapedia says that's right. Surprising.

Last edited:

A not-so simple question for the thread, possibly for someone with a battle engine downloaded. What are my Larvesta's (VolcLeag) IV's? At level 50 with a Timid nature and no EV's as of yet (I could calculate this myself if the pokemon's stats were simulated at level 100), its stats are as follows: HP, 119; Attack, 90; Defense, 64; Speed, 79; Special Attack, 56; and Special Defense, 62. Obviously its Special Defense IV isn't perfect, but that doesn't really matter since it'll probably be attacked more on the physical side anyway (and because I'll Quiver Dance its Sp. D out the wazoo).

Is there an official Pokedex 3D Pro discussion thread?

I don't know if this is a simple question, but:

If shinies can be easily ARed and hacked (RNG-copied etc.), can Shiny Pokemon still be considered rare? I don't consider RNG-copied to be legit. In fact, by making 2 copies of the same pokemon, you're devaluing the value of said pokemon whether they be shiny or normal.

So far, I've not encountered any shiny pokemon in the wild. Supposedly, breeding is easier.

Is it worth it to trade rare stuff and items for shiny pokemon anymore? Are there ways to check the legit-ness of shiny pokemon you get from trades?

Yes. Not everyone RNGs or hacks for shinies, they are still valuble.

There are hack checkers out there such as PokeCheck that you can use to see if a Pokemon might be hacked. Make sure to ask if a Pokemon is legit before trading for it. Intentionally trading a hacked Pokemon to another without informing them first is frowned upon.

Breeding Question

Hello, I really want to breed a special Pokemon for my husband, but I'm not sure if it's possible without cheats (in which if it's only possible with cheats, I probably won't breed it). He'd like the ability Shedinja has, which is Wonder Guard, for a Sableye. Is it possible to breed the two to get a Sableye with the Wonder Guard ability? Thanks.

Re: Breeding Question

No, Pokemon have predetermined abilities, you can't pass on an ability that isn't coded to have. For example Totodile cannot legally have Static, so no matter the breeding parteners, Totodile cannot get the ability.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom