• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Thinking about battling the upgraded Elite Four, like, after you beat the main storyline, but I don't know what levels my 'Mons should be around. At the moment my lowest is a level 66 Archeops.

Well the highest level pokemon for the 1st 4 battles is level 73, and the highest for Alder would be 77. I'd recommend being at least 70+ (i was at 80 when i went back) but if you have a solid strategy, you could always go now.

Do you think a lv 74+ Samurott could take care of most of Alder?

What's the point of Mummy? I never understood what the advantage of it being inflicted.

@X-Strike; If an opposing Pokemon attacks a Pokemon with Mummy (with a contact move), they lose their ability. If they have a useful ability like, let's say Sheer Force or whatever, this could help you out quite a bit.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Is it possible to get Eevee in Emerald without trading? Bulbapedia indicates it's impossible, but I heard a rumor that it is possible.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Is it possible to get Eevee in Emerald without trading? Bulbapedia indicates it's impossible, but I heard a rumor that it is possible.

It isn't possible, unfortunately.

Pokemon GL Help

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I'm currently experiencing difficulties accessing the http;//en.pokemon-gl.com site
Here is the picture:
2up71mx.jpg

I've updated my Adobe Flash and Shockwave for my Firefox but the website still wouldn't load properly. It could load properly in my Safari browser on my iPhone, but since it's Apple smartphone that I'm using, I could not get the Dream World to load. I'm pretty worried because I have a pokemon stuck on PGL and I don't have any other desktops or computers. It wouldn't work on Firefox or IE 8, I tried both.

Any help is appreciated, thanks alot!

Last edited:

I'm just wondering, but you know the event Video Game Championships 2012 Larvitar? How was that distributed?

Are you having trouble trading pokemon? Getting Error Code: 86420?

EDIT: I've had two successful trades now. Both times I had to talk to them a few times, but once I got the the option screen where it allowed you to pick what to do it worked. END EDIT.

I'm sure this is in the wrong place; but it had to do with trading, so I stuck it here. Well, it appears just today, many people are getting the error code 86420. How many? Please post if you're unable to trade due to this error code.

It appears the cause is a Router's firewall, but if that was the case, why would many people who were perfectly able to trade with anyone now suddenly not be able to trade with anyone at all? This is Nintendo's site about the error code: | Nintendo - Customer Service | Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection - Error Code Results

I fail to understand why when people were able to trade just earlier today, they are now unable to trade with anyone at all. I'm talking with two people right now, one is talking with others, while the other is contacting Nintendo ( @Power of Aura). I'll leave updates here for anyone who is also puzzled by the suddenness of all this,

UPDATE:
-Power of Aura has sent an email to Nintendo.
-I got Error #61010, which means there's a server outage in Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This could possibly show something on Nintendo's end is down.
-I just got a trade through! Seems things might be fixing themselves, or at least if it is an error on Nintendo's end, they're working on fixing it.
-Got another trade through! Got the code but talked to him again, said he failed to respond one or twice, and boom, trade went through.

Last edited:
Re: (No idea where to post this) Are you having trouble trading pokemon Error Code: 8

@mwto See? This is what I'm talking about. I could trade fine too, up until today. I know at least 4, now 5 with you, who are just suddenly getting this code today. If it were truly the firewall's fault, why would this be happening JUST today with MANY people? After all, these people have made dozes, some of them maybe even hundreds, of successful trades. Seeing as there is a raising number, things point to something is wrong with Nintendo's Wi-fi.

Re: (No idea where to post this) Are you having trouble trading pokemon Error Code: 8

@mwto I've tried trading with 3 people. The first one (who says they're contacting Nintendo) would also get the code, or get a message saying I failed to respond. With him, I'd always get the code. The second person I tried to trade with I always got the message saying they failed to respond, and they did as well. Until we tried trading for the last time, in which they got the code and I got the failed to respond message. The third person I tried to trade with would get the failed to respond message, and I would get the error code. How about you?

To all who are concerned: I am busy contacting Nintendo about this issue. Later on, I will update on the progress of my research. Thank you.

@mwto I've tried trading with 3 people. The first one (who says they're contacting Nintendo) would also get the code, or get a message saying I failed to respond. With him, I'd always get the code. The second person I tried to trade with I always got the message saying they failed to respond, and they did as well. Until we tried trading for the last time, in which they got the code and I got the failed to respond message. The third person I tried to trade with would get the failed to respond message, and I would get the error code. How about you?

I was in the room with two and kept trying to trade with them switching between. Whenever we made it to where it would go into the trade screen the code came up for me.
@Power of Aura; thank you

I've gotten this code, too, with Fiendfyre and FairyRed. However, it also happened to me earlier, but continued when I disabled my firewall.

@mwto Alright, so do you know if they were only unable to trade with you, and they can trade with everyone else, or do they get the message regardless of who the try and trade with?

@Furret162 Then please go put your firewall back on if you haven't already. You're putting your computer at a huge risk with it off. I will mention this to Power of Arua, so he can tell whoever he gets on the phone with this about.

@mwto Alright, so do you know if they were only unable to trade with you, and they can trade with everyone else, or do they get the message regardless of who the try and trade with?

I'll ask

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Update:

Email was sent. For now we'll just have to wait and see what they have to say. MadaDei is notifing a mod to move this thread to 'Pokemon Video Games', as this concerns any one using the Wi-Fi room.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom