• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: (No idea where to post this) Are you having trouble trading pokemon Error Code: 8

@Furret162 Then please go put your firewall back on if you haven't already. You're putting your computer at a huge risk with it off. I will mention this to Power of Arua, so he can tell whoever he gets on the phone with this about.

It's been on since then, of course. Sorry that I forgot to mention that.

Re: (No idea where to post this) Are you having trouble trading pokemon Error Code: 8

@Furret162 Ah, OK! :) I just wanted to make sure. Anyway, Power of Aura has emailed Nintendo. I'll either update fist post when he hears from them, or send you a message if this thread doesn't get too many people with the same problem.

@mwto; Thanks for your help!

MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

@MadaDei; Just got Error #61010, which means there's a server outage in Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. MadaDei, please edit this into your first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ALERT: Are you having trouble trading pokemon? Getting Error Code: 86420?

@mwto Hm? Just one? Well, still, that now makes 10 that I know of. Thank you again for your help.

@mwto Alright, thank you again. I JUST got a trade through. You might want to see if you can trade now as well.

UPDATE:

Ok, you all should be able to use the Wi-Fi room now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

@Furret162 Hey, just wanted to inform you I've gotten two trades through. I needed to talk to them a few times, but if you get to the screen that allows you to pick what to do- you're good, the trade will go through.

A Question on Stat Mechanics.

Ok so here it goes. It is common knowledge that keeping a pokemon from evolving often decreases the level at which it learns new moves. It is also known that pokemon get better stats upon evolving. However, if you keep from evolving and then evolve them later, will they have worse stats than they otherwise would have had?

Egg moves aside, here this out.
So say I wanted a Venusaur with earthquake and seed bomb so I held back my Bulbasaur til he learned SeeD bomb, then evolved him to Venusaur and used the TM.
Would this make it have worse stats than if I just leveled it strait?

and in theory, if one were to hack a Venusaur at level one, would it be stronger than a just evolved Venusaur at the same level?

Does this work the same in all generations? or does it differ at all between them?

Re: A Question on Stat Mechanics.

Ok so here it goes. It is common knowledge that keeping a pokemon from evolving often decreases the level at which it learns new moves. It is also known that pokemon get better stats upon evolving. However, if you keep from evolving and then evolve them later, will they have worse stats than they otherwise would have had?

Egg moves aside, here this out.
So say I wanted a Venusaur with earthquake and seed bomb so I held back my Bulbasaur til he learned SeeD bomb, then evolved him to Venusaur and used the TM.
Would this make it have worse stats than if I just leveled it strait?

and in theory, if one were to hack a Venusaur at level one, would it be stronger than a just evolved Venusaur at the same level?

Does this work the same in all generations? or does it differ at all between them?

The stats of your Pokemon will not change regardless if you waited for it to learn a new move or not. I believe this is true for all generations.

This section is for arranging trades only. If you want to discuss problems with trading take it over to the Video Games section.

Edit: In fact, I'll just move this thread over there now.
@MadaDei; your thread has been moved.

This section is for arranging trades only. If you want to discuss problems with trading take it over to the Video Games section.

Edit: In fact, I'll just move this thread over there now.
@MadaDei; your thread has been moved.

Thank you. I asked a mod to do that, only to have have them redirect me. I contacted another while they were online, and they never replied.

UPDATE:

Ok, you all should be able to use the Wi-Fi room now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Me and a friend are still having the problem, we just tried trading today and we were both getting it

Hmm, confusing. MadaDei and I traded normaly last night, without making any changes to our firewall. Either we were just lucky, or it's one of you or your friend's problem. :-/

EV training probably best when main story completed

So I started from the beginning of pokemon HG again. I had the idea to EV train my Totodile at the start so he'll be ready for anything.......problem is I don't have any items to help speed up the process. Should I continue the training or just go.......?

Re: EV training probably best when main story completed

Just go ahead with the game. EV training doesn't really help much in-game, anyway.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I kep getting error# 86420. It started yesterday, the last time I successfully traded was last Wednesday. I never had a problem like this.

What I usually do is catch some dump Pokemon to trade to my other versions in exchange for some EV training items (and pokerus, provided I have it available) or just trade my Pokemon to another game and train it there.

If I really wanna train my Starter but have no means of doing so during the main quest, I'll just box it until said means become available.

With that said, if all you want is to go through the game, EV training isn't necessary at all. You can use the stat berries later and retrain your Pokemon.

Personally, if there's a Pokémon I really like, I'll trade that over, EV train it, then trade it back. It helped in some cases, IE my Jolteon sweeping Silver+ three members of elite four, but for the most part it's redundant.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom