• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Does the Poison Touch ability stack with Physical Poison attacks? Ex: Poison Jab would have a 60% of poisoning instead of its usual 30.
And also, will Victini have set stats when you encounter it at Liberty Garden?

Hey, Im plauing Pokemon Black, and which fighting type would be the best to go with. Timburr, Sawk, or Throh?

Hi everyone, I really need help with this one.

I've been trying to get myself a male, Modest nature Treecko whose Hidden Power will be Rock-type. I've been breeding constantly for the last three days, and must've hatched over a hundred Treecko by now. I've had Hidden Power of every possible type, but haven't had Rock-type once. I've switched the breeding Pokémon around a few times, between my Ditto and several different Treecko.

I'm at the end of my tether and I've no idea where I'm going wrong. Have I just been extremely unlucky or is there something else I should be doing? Any help with this is both despereately wanted and massively appreciated.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, in advance.

Hi everyone, I really need help with this one.

I've been trying to get myself a male, Modest nature Treecko whose Hidden Power will be Rock-type. I've been breeding constantly for the last three days, and must've hatched over a hundred Treecko by now. I've had Hidden Power of every possible type, but haven't had Rock-type once. I've switched the breeding Pokémon around a few times, between my Ditto and several different Treecko.

I'm at the end of my tether and I've no idea where I'm going wrong. Have I just been extremely unlucky or is there something else I should be doing? Any help with this is both despereately wanted and massively appreciated.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, in advance.

This link has a lot of information concerning how Hidden Power works. It basically boils down to manipulating Treecko's IVs to the correct value, so partially breeding selection and partially luck-based.

Not something I need answered for any reason, just curious about whether this is possible ~ is it possible to hatch more than one egg at the exact same time?

Not something I need answered for any reason, just curious about whether this is possible ~ is it possible to hatch more than one egg at the exact same time?

I don't think so, since you can't get two eggs at the exact same time. I've had eggs hatch within a a few steps of each other, but never within the same step.

I don't think so, since you can't get two eggs at the exact same time. I've had eggs hatch within a a few steps of each other, but never within the same step.

Well, because each species takes a certain amount of steps to hatch, would it be possible if one used to eggs from two different species and, by calculating the number of steps, make them hatch at the same time? I realize a difficulty in that would be the guarantee of getting an egg on the step one would need, but would it not be theoretically possible that way?

Well, because each species takes a certain amount of steps to hatch, would it be possible if one used to eggs from two different species and, by calculating the number of steps, make them hatch at the same time? I realize a difficulty in that would be the guarantee of getting an egg on the step one would need, but would it not be theoretically possible that way?

I suppose. It could be doable in DPPT, since the Poketch has a pedometer app. I don't see how it could be done in Gen V, though.

Nope. If two eggs are set to hatch at the same time, the newer egg will simply hatch on the next step after the other.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I dont know if anyone will know this but what determines if latios or latias is found roaming hoenn on emerald?? Obvioulsy one roams hoenn while the other is in southern island.

Sorry for posting here again, since nobody else posted in the other topic, but there's something I want to share with you...

Sugimori answered to this tweet of mine... But as usual... It had to be the kind of answer I was hoping not to get...

From Google Translate and my own understanding, I get he said something like those questions couldn't be answered by his own accord, most likely meaning he needed permission to talk about the topics of the questions I made, and that we was sorry for that.

Then I asked him if he could redirect the questions to Satoshi Tajiri himself, but so far no news...
Does anyone know if Tajiri have a Twitter account?

Last edited:

I dont know if anyone will know this but what determines if latios or latias is found roaming hoenn on emerald?? Obvioulsy one roams hoenn while the other is in southern island.

Right when you come out of your room after beating Wallace in Emerald, your mother directs you to a report on TV. It mentions a flying Pokémon, but the TV report is briefly interrupted by static. Your mother asks you what color the reporter said the Pokémon was and you choose between red and blue. Red makes Latias roam and Blue makes Latios roam.

Right when you come out of your room after beating Wallace in Emerald, your mother directs you to a report on TV. It mentions a flying Pokémon, but the TV report is briefly interrupted by static. Your mother asks you what color the reporter said the Pokémon was and you choose between red and blue. Red makes Latias roam and Blue makes Latios roam.

Ahh I renember that... Thanks

Re: How to use the PokeGen

Well..you don't need action replay to USE PokeGen..but all PokeGen is is a code creator. So to get the benefits of PokeGen, you need Action Replay.

As far as how to use it..it's actually pretty simple!

First, use the PID finder. (The little box above the species window.) Click on the little "F" next to the "PID" box, and you will go to a window where you can set all of the IV's you want the Pokemon in question to have. (NOTE: The higher the IV's are, the harder it will be to find a PID.)

Next, after you have the IV's set, set the species, gender, nature, shinyness, and ability you want the Pokemon to have. (Ability one is for abilities that the Pokemon would have in the wild on a normal basis. Ability two is the rarer of the two abilities. Look on Bulbapedia to learn the two abilities a Pokemon can have.)

Then search for a PID. If one is found, click "OK" and you will return to the main page. On the main page, you can edit almost everything about the Pokemon. The actual ability the Pokemon will have..event if it's not legal, such as wonderguard on a Spirtomb..etc.), experience/level, happiness, etc. Then move on to the next page, "MET". (Or any of them..but I go in order..)

On the "MET" page, you can change everything about where the Pokemon was obtained. You can make an event Pokemon look legit by making it from a Pokemon Event, or you can say to have caught the Pokemon on or at a specific place. (It's all listed on the MET page.)

Next, navigate to the STATS page. Here, you can further edit the IV's and EV's to your liking. Note however, that all "legal" pokemon will only have an EV total of 510. But the game allows you to make all of the EV's 255. (But if you want an actually plausible pokemon, make them equal 510 or less. :p )

Now we move onto the ATTACKS page..as you may have guessed, you can set all attacks the Pokemon will have. (The game doesn't care what Pokemon knows what moves either..so go ahead, give a Celebi Roar of Time, if that floats you boat.) Again, legal Pokemon have normally obtainable movesets..so use caution.)

Now we move onto the final tab, OT/MISC. Here you say who owned the Pokemon before you, or if you caught it. Don't worry about the extra bytes section...it's meaningless. Set any ribbons you want the Pokemon to have, and so on. If you want the Pokemon to look like it's yours, you need to set the ID and SID to what yours are, otherwise, the game will recognize the Pokemon as traded. Give the Pokemon any markers if you want..not that it does anything...and you're 99% done!

Now all that's left to do is select a place for the code to place the Pokemon in your game. Once you find a place, right click on that spot, and click SET FROM CONTROLS..or SET. The Pokemon you made will show up where you clicked. Now just generate the code. In PokeGen version 3.0b24..the code generator is located in the TOOLS tab at the top. In older versions, it's found directly under where you place the Pokemon. Create a code that is for your game, and activates however you are able to activate. (SELECT..L+R..etc.)

On V. 3.0b24..click copy under where the code preview is. In older versions, the code automatically copies in the clipboard of your computer. Next just use the AR Code Manager and input the code..and you're done!

Need to know how to use the Code Manager? Or have any questions about the above directions? Ask me to explain! I'll be glad to help!

-Professor K. 151. The Pokemon Code Professor. :D

i need a little more info im new how does the pokemon get into the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey, EV question here:
My Carvanha has Pokerus and the Macho Brace on, and is fighting Pakrats which normally give +1 attack EV. After each one my carvanha kills, however, Iget 4, right?

Also:
When battling online, are your pokemon set to level 100? or 50?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom