• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Heres a question

I am desperately trying to find a munchlax. I have found many heracross but not Munchlax.

So my question is... Can a munchlax and a heracross appear on the same tree. In a normal circumstance they would, but as only 4 trees have munchlax on, I thought maybe those 4 wouldent have heracross on.

According to this Bulbapedia page, heracross can show up on Munchlax trees.

I dunno, it seems like it may be buggy on his end or maybe both of you are having problems connecting. Try turning off your DS and turn it back on. Have you ever had this problem before? I sometimes have a bit of trouble connecting too,just keep trying and it may work. If not, try again another time.

Haven't ever had this problem before :/ it's a bit weird. GTS/Battles are fine through the WiFi it's only when I try with friends in the UC. I tried fixing it with Nintendo's method but that didn't work either - and I saw a few pages back in this thread that people were having a similar issue. :(

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Also, besides my previous question, does anyone know if any of the questions I tweeted to Sugimori & Masuda have been presented before by anyone else?

Excuse me, this is an emergency...

Is someone here capable of translating this tweet from Sugimori?
«短い文章で正確に答えにくい質問もあることを 理解していただけると助かります。»
I've been using Google Translate to get his answers and send mine to him but this time his reply is big enough for the translator to mess up.
«It survives and is also serving to understand that difficult question to answer accurately in short sentences.»
I really need to know if I'm finally starting to get somewhere with my conversations with him...

@xrick; I haven't heard of Masuda or Sugimori hosting any Q&A sessions, especially for international fans. If one ever is announced though, it would probably spread around the fandom pretty past.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend trying to communicate to someone using only online translation tools though. I've tried to before and the results have been disastrous. As for wherever a question has already been asked, the two tweet so often that the answer would probably be lost, so there's no harm in asking them again.

Anyway, for questions relating to the Japanese language itself, there is the Japanese language help thread

@xrick; I haven't heard of Masuda or Sugimori hosting any Q&A sessions, especially for international fans. If one ever is announced though, it would probably spread around the fandom pretty past.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend trying to communicate to someone using only online translation tools though. I've tried to before and the results have been disastrous. As for wherever a question has already been asked, the two tweet so often that the answer would probably be lost, so there's no harm in asking them again.

Anyway, for questions relating to the Japanese language itself, there is the Japanese language help thread
Thanks for answering, I'll try the japanese help thread.
About the Q&A, man, that's so bad... It could be quite the chance for fans like us to get our many questions possibly answered.
About using translation tools... Sugimori already told me he doesn't fare well with English and Masuda hasn't answered my tweets even once, so what alternative can you recommend me to communicate properly with Sugimori?

About the Q&A, man, that's so bad... It could be quite the chance for fans like us to get our many questions possibly answered.
About using translation tools... Sugimori already told me he doesn't fare well with English and Masuda hasn't answered my tweets even once, so what alternative can you recommend me to communicate properly with Sugimori?
You could probably ask some of the members here who know Japanese to translate your question first. I haven't really spoken with Sugimori (due to the language barrier), but Masuda has little knowledge (mainly pleasantries like "Thank you" and such) but he has responded to me before. Usually, I'm very brief and if asking about a specific Pokémon, I get its Japanese name from Bulbapedia. My last tweet to him that got an answer was simply "Is Phione [Japanese Name] a legendary Pokémon [Japanese term]?", which was pretty simple for him to understand even when ignoring the English outright. For simple questions you could try something like that, but for the complicated onces, it's best to seek an external translator.

You could probably ask some of the members here who know Japanese to translate your question first. I haven't really spoken with Sugimori (due to the language barrier), but Masuda has little knowledge (mainly pleasantries like "Thank you" and such) but he has responded to me before. Usually, I'm very brief and if asking about a specific Pokémon, I get its Japanese name from Bulbapedia. My last tweet to him that got an answer was simply "Is Phione [Japanese Name] a legendary Pokémon [Japanese term]?", which was pretty simple for him to understand even when ignoring the English outright. For simple questions you could try something like that, but for the complicated onces, it's best to seek an external translator.
Hmm... It's a good idea...
But the thing is... These are my questions to them... (You can use Google Translate on them, it's a direct translation)

Do you have any idea how I could make them as small and easy for them to understand as you did?
I'm really in need of a good help...

EDIT: No longer the need, I've given up... No matter what I tried, Sugimori would shoot it down and Masuda wouldn't even answer...
A brazilian friend of mine on Facebook currently living on Japan helped me get a better idea of Sugimori's tweets.
It was clear he wouldn't tell me anything and, even worse, seemed to start getting annoyed by my tweets, so I decided to stop.
I really don't get it... Those were such simple questions, why couldn't they answer them?

Not only that, they're currently making BW2 fan-meetings on Japan, and that could be a chance to me but I don't know anyone who might take part on those meetings...

So, I guess I'll have to leave it at this point... It's truly saddening...

Last edited:

Hey there, if I have a lvl 100 fighting in battle, with lower level (<100) pokemon with the exp share in party, will the exp shared pokemon get alll of the experience?

Thanks

Hey there, if I have a lvl 100 fighting in battle, with lower level (<100) pokemon with the exp share in party, will the exp shared pokemon get alll of the experience?

Thanks

That how it used to work, but from my own experience, it seems like ever since Platinum, the Exp. will just get split as normal, with the portion that would have gone to the Lv. 100 not being distributed at all. Could be wrong, though.

EVs for a charmander?? :)

Hello everyone, I just joined the community today :) Hope everyone's having a good day/night.

I'm new to EVs and IVs. Basically, I had been trying to hatch a shiny charmander. I had been trying the masuda method and got through roughly 127 eggs. I decided to stop since I preferred to have a powerful charizard than a "pretty" one. So I took each and every single charmander to the guy with blue hair in the battle subway in nimbasa city (pokemon white), and out of the 127, I got 13 "relatively superior blah blah" and only ONE "outstanding" charmander. So I want to focus on the "outstanding" fellow. However, I want insight into whether it's worth investing in this one. I have infected him with POKERUS as well. I shall provide the stats below as best I can :)

Charmander (male) Level 1
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Often dozes off
HP: 12 ATK: 6 DEF: 6 SP ATK: 6 SP DEF: 6 SPD: 6
Ability: Blaze Moves: Scratch, Growl, Dragon Claw, -----

When I went to the blue haired guy this is what he said:

"The pokemon has outstanding potential overall. That's my determination, and it's final. Incidentally, I would say the best potential lies in its HP. And it's Attack stat is also good. It can't be better in that regard. That's how I judged it."

So what I want to know, is whether I should not raise this pokemon...since charizard is better suited as a Special Sweeper (so i heard). If you think I should still train it, which IVs should I train for? I checked it's IVs on serebii net iv checker, and they are:

HP: 31, Attack: 31, Defense: 22, Sp. Attack: 14, Sp Defense: 15, Speed: 14

I would really appreciate your advice :) Like HOW to IV train it (which pokemon to battle etc etc.) I also have the POKERUS virus on it, and I have NO power up items. Thank you so much :)

Re: EVs for a charmander?? :)

Pile 252 into speed and the rest depend on moveset. If you are going all special, go for 252 in spatk. Battle in the celestial tower to gain spatk evs. Fight against Basculin for speed. Make him hold macho brace to speedup the process.

Okay thank you :) Well, since the HP and attack are 31, does that mean they're maxed out? In other words, I don't have to train for those EVs? You suggest I should focus on others, such as speed and sp attack right? And since speed has 14 EVs, that means to max it out i only need 238 EVs for it? Sorry for these novice questions, I don't know much about this. I really appreciate the help thank you!

I trained a Charizard too. My personal experience: it's better if you get one with good Special Attack. My Charizard has 30 IVs in Special Attack and 28 in Speed. Its nature is Modest, and its moveset is:

-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse
-Roost

I put 252 EVs in Special Attack, 252 in Speed and 6 in HP to it.

The best training spot for Special Attack would have to be the Celestial Tower, where you can only find Litwick on the second floor and each one of them gives 1 EV in Special Attack. For Speed, I recommend that you Surf in Route 3, where you can only find Basculin, who give you 2 EVs in Speed. For HP, go to Icirrus City and fight Stunfisk. Each Stunfisk gives you 2 EVs in HP. I'd algo suggest that you have a Modest or Timid nature on your Charizard to improve either your Special Attack or your Speed.

About your questions: no, the fact that they have 31 IVs in a certain stat doesn't mean they're already maxed out. They will be maxed out when they have 31 IVs AND 252 EVs in that stat.

All in all: I'd recommend that you don't train that Charmander for two reasons: its Special Attack and Speed aren't that good, and Bashful is a neutral nature, which means it's not going to improve any of your stats. I hope all this helps you! Feel free to ask anything you want ;)

Hey guys, I need someone to explain something to me.

I was just battling online. It was my Starmie VS someone's Thundurus. The thing is that Thundurus always moved before me, when that's impossible. My Starmie's Speed is 358, while the highest Speed a Thundurus can have is 353. He wasn't holding any Choice items because he used different moves and his item was Leftovers. Can someone explain to me what happened? I mean, why did Thundurus move before my Starmie if my Starmie was faster?

I don't know if I am in the right place but anyway.
I got bored today so I pulled out Pokemon Pearl Version.
After receiving the National Pokedex from Prof. Oak, I was allowed to enter Pal Park but they wouldn't let me do a catching show, so then I went and explored.
They said something about Ruby and Sapphire versions bu I did not fully get it, please help me.

Can Pokemon Diamond connect to Wi-fi using the 3DS's connection (the one that can handle more security types)?

I don't know if I am in the right place but anyway.
I got bored today so I pulled out Pokemon Pearl Version.
After receiving the National Pokedex from Prof. Oak, I was allowed to enter Pal Park but they wouldn't let me do a catching show, so then I went and explored.
They said something about Ruby and Sapphire versions bu I did not fully get it, please help me.

Pal Park

In order to play a catching game you need to:
1) be playing on a DS/DS Lite
2) have a legit copy of FireRed/LeafGreen/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald in the Dual Slot on the bottom of the DS*
3) have 6 pokemon you wish to be pal parked to your gen 4 game in a PC box
4) save the gen 3 game
5) hit "Migrate from [game]" on the main menu of the gen 4 game
6) select the 6 you wish to migrate (none may know any HM moves. **Moves not listed as an HM in the specific game being migrated to get around this rule though)
7) save the game
8) load the gen 4 game
9) go to the Pal Park and play the catching game
10) save the caught pokemon to your PC.

*i think the gen 3 game must be the same language as the gen 4 game. Though if the gen 4 game is Korean it doesn't matter the language of the gen 3 cart
**I'm not sure if the HM rule goes as far as to allow pokemon that know a move that's an HM in the gen 3 game but is not a HM move in the gen 4 game or if it's vice-versa. Been quite a while since i personally migrated a pokemon.

Can Pokemon Diamond connect to Wi-fi using the 3DS's connection (the one that can handle more security types)?

I believe Diamond can only handle WEP security.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom