• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

BOO, i was hoping i could get a female castform (if its not genderless already) for it or a tornadus

Well, if you're looking for female Castform, they can be found in the wild in B2/W2 (Route 6, I think), or in Pleasant Forest on the Dream World.

As for the Tornadus, if you are getting the Dream Radar with B2/W2, it will be available on there. Otherwise, good luck with trading!

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Is there any way to breed a Corphish with both Ancientpower and Body Slam as egg moves in Emerald?

Is the Eevee with its Hidden Ability in Castelia City in B2W2 available before the E4, or after?

what are the best fire, water and ground types available in pokemon black?

what are the best fire, water and ground types available in pokemon black (before the league, ofcourse). i have not played any game since emerald, but i was thinking about getting pokemon black and was wondering whether you can catch some older fire, water and ground types (from previous generations)

Re: what are the best fire, water and ground types available in pokemon black?

Nope. You can't (at least not before the post-game.) In fact, Pokemon Black/White were the very first main series Pokemon games in the history of the franchise where you can't catch older Pokemon. You'll have to settle for the likes of Oshawott/Frillish/Tirtouga (Water,) Darumaka/Litwick/Larvesta (Fire) or Sandile/Golett/Drilbur (Ground.)

Now, Black/White 2 on the other hand...

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Is there any way to breed a Corphish with both Ancientpower and Body Slam as egg moves in Emerald?

unless you're able to get your hands on some gen 1/2 pokemon, it seems to be impossible from what i can tell to get both moves onto a single corphish in emerald.

But there is a Body Slam Battle Frontier Move Tutor in Emerald, so if you were to have an AncientPower corphish go to this tutor, at the cost of 48BP, you'd in a way get one.

Is the Eevee with its Hidden Ability in Castelia City in B2W2 available before the E4, or after?
I believe it's available pre E-4.

Marriland said:
After beating the game, you can return to Fennel and Amanita's lab in the second floor of the building across the street from the Castelia Gym. Talk to one of the people up there and you will receive a free Eevee with its Hidden Ability, Anticipation. This will change to its evolutions' Hidden Ability when you evolve it. Available at level 10.

Also available as a possible Pokemon to encounter in every Hidden Grotto.

Only available post elite 4, unless you use a Hidden Grotto. (I don't know how rare they are from them though.)

Is rebirth moutain in black and white 2 accessible before the elite 4 the same with catching heatran in the said mountain?

Is rebirth moutain in black and white 2 accessible before the elite 4 the same with catching heatran in the said mountain?

Rebirth Mountain is accessible before the Elite Four, but you can only catch Heatran after you beat the game and acquire the Magma Stone.

what are the best fire, water and ground types available in pokemon black (before the league, ofcourse). i have not played any game since emerald, but i was thinking about getting pokemon black and was wondering whether you can catch some older fire, water and ground types (from previous generations)

Grass Type Trainer is right that you can't catch Pokemon from previous generations in BW until after the main story is completed. But for a water type, I actually recommend Swanna if you don't pick Oshawott for your starter. It's fast, hits hard, and is also a flying type, so you can teach it Fly as well as Surf (though for some reason, it can't learn Waterfall. But don't worry, you won't need this HM in the main story). It also learns powerful moves like Brave Bird and Hurricane.

Are there any legendaries that are catch able before the elite 4 in black or black 2?

Rebirth Mountain is accessible before the Elite Four, but you can only catch Heatran after you beat the game and acquire the Magma Stone.

Is it genderless to or not?

Does anyone know when you can start trading between Black/White and Black 2/White 2?

Uber noob, IVs, and Breeding

Hey everyone,

Hoping that you can all enlighten me on the subject of IV training your pokemon.

1) How do you increase the IVs of a given pokemon
2) If the only way to increase the values is through breeding then how do you ensure that the pokemon you have bred will receive the appropriate IVs?
3) Can you breed pokemon that have IV 31 in all stats? If so how do you go about doing this?
4) How do you breed pokemon to effectively get better and better IVs

I can understand that this is a little bit of a ridiculous request, given the sheer density of IV training, but I would really love to get some pokemon that are fully IV trained and capable of getting some really decent stats through EV training. Hopefully someone out there can help me with understanding how to increase/max out IVs!

Thanks a lot!

@pylfer;

1. Short of hacking you can't increase IV's
2. Start by having parents with good IV's. You can directly pass one IV from either parent by having one hold the corresponding power item i.e. power anklet for speed IV.
3. Yes, either be really lucky or RNG. ( Random Number Generator manipulation )
4. Again having good breeding stock, luck or RNG.

Which pokemon are you trying to breed?

Battrio Tokens

I finally found an arcade with Pokemon Battrio, but I honestly have no idea where/how to get the tokens for the game. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

@pylfer;

1. Short of hacking you can't increase IV's
2. Start by having parents with good IV's. You can directly pass one IV from either parent by having one hold the corresponding power item i.e. power anklet for speed IV.
3. Yes, either be really lucky or RNG. ( Random Number Generator manipulation )
4. Again having good breeding stock, luck or RNG.

Which pokemon are you trying to breed?

Hmmmm, well I was hoping to eventually breed the entire team that I was hoping to use to some extent, but now I don't know if that's going to be completely possible, lol. I totally thought that there was a way to ensure getting IV trained pokemon as well as EV trained pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom