• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Blitzle not effected by Ground Moves?

Are you sure the Blitzle wasn't holding an Air Ballon?

Maybe the Blitzle was holding an Air Balloon?

Oh. What does an air balloon do? I've never heard of it before

The Air Balloon is a hold item that gives the holder total immunity to Ground moves. However, it pops if the holder is damaged by any attack.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

then i am 1000% screwed with catching a heatran.

Have you tried Dusk Balls? I know Heatran's catch rate is pretty low, but I think those are your best bet, since it's in a cave. You could also get some Timer Balls for if you happen to use up all your Dusk Balls.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

then i am 1000% screwed with catching a heatran.

Have you tried Dusk Balls? I know Heatran's catch rate is pretty low, but I think those are your best bet, since it's in a cave. You could also get some Timer Balls for if you happen to use up all your Dusk Balls.

I threw 50 of them at him last night and got nothing for it. i think the game hates me.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Which means you would have to damage the Blitzle with another move first in order to pop the balloon, and after that, you can hit it with Earthquake.

How do I call Yancey. I already returned the dropped item to her, and then called her once on my own Xtransceiver, but then her name disappeared from my call list. How do i call her again.

How do I call Yancey. I already returned the dropped item to her, and then called her once on my own Xtransceiver, but then her name disappeared from my call list. How do i call her again.

Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - The Dropped Item

i just went to each of these places over and over and yancy randomly appeared in my xtranceiver

Can't beat N!

So I'm playing Pokemon Black 1, and I've reached Nimbasa city. Now there's a boss battle right after N reveals he's the king of team plasma on the ferris wheel. All of his pokemon are easily beatable - I can OHKO most of them, or perhaps a 2HKO on some. However, his goddamn Sigilyph is really annoying me. Since I picked Tepig, my strongest pokemon can't beat it. The only pokemon I CAN use to defeat it while using super-effective moves is my Blitzle, but it simply gets completely destroyed in one hit by Sigilyph. Since the only things

Will I simply have to level the heck outta my Blitzle and evolve it into Zebstrika or are there any moves which I could get to defeat it?

Pokemon:
Pignite 27
Munna 22
Blitzle 23
Tranquill 26
Pansage 20
Tympole 21

Blitzle should be more than okay if you have a good enough electric type move.

Or, if you feel you need something else, go catch a Sandile in the desert. It's part Dark-type

Re: Can't beat N!

Maybe get a Yamask too? If I've remembered right, Sigilyph is part psychic, so Yamask can hurt it. I used my Yamask to beat N's Sigilyph in Nimbasa. The bloody thing is built like a tank though, it's hard to KO xD

During my Pokemon Black nuzlocke, I found N very annoying too at this point and nearly lost two Pokemon to him. If you have a Blitzle then that should be your best bet against him. The previous poster's suggestion of you getting a Yamask is a good idea too. That was how I took him out. I had my Yamask "Yasmine" use Will-O-Wisp and then Hexed the hell out of that Sigilyph. It was hard but it worked.

To be honest, I would spend extra time leveling up Blitzle to level 27, and evolving it into Zebstrika. Sigilyph is quite difficult to deal with at this point in the game, and Blitzle is a bit too fragile to survive Sigilyph's attacks. At least with Zebstrika, it'll probably be quick enough to attack first and do enough damage.

Hey everyone.

Ok...I have a Pokemon with Bold nature. As I'm sure the vast majority of you will know this encourages development in Defense but hinders Attack. If I EV train this Pokemon in Attack (252 for example) will that sort of make up for it or will it be a total waste of EVs? Its characteristic is mischievous which is ideal because I want its Sp. Attack to be its strength but I really dont want its Attack to suck because it'll most likely have 4 attacking moves - 2 Sp. Attack and 2 Attack.

EV training in a stat that is hindered by nature is kind of a waste.The point of EV training is to make the stat as high as it can get which is why people usually EV train in stats that are increased by nature. You'd be better off not making it a physical attacking Pokemon to be honest. If you EV trained in attack, the stat would still be hindered by nature when it levels up.

Blizle is your best bet,but I remember beating it with a Servine and that was more luck as I was relying on accuracy drops from Leaf Tornado to Growth set-up.

Thanks for the tips guys! I ended up putting it to sleep using Munna's Yawn, then switched to Blitzle, and I was pretty lucky that Sigilyph was asleep for 3 turns, and managed to down it with a repetitive use of spark :D

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom