• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

If one person Breeds an egg, then walks around with it, then trades it to someone else. Are the steps that were taken to hatch the egg keep when it is traded or is it reset?

If one person Breeds an egg, then walks around with it, then trades it to someone else. Are the steps that were taken to hatch the egg keep when it is traded or is it reset?

The steps taken to hatch the egg are kept. :)

Re: Blaziken Hidden Ability Breeding?

Ok so I'm about to rip my hair out, hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to be able to breed Blazikens with Speed Boost ability

I have a female Blaziken with the hidden ability Speed Boost, I have her holding an everstone in order to pass on her nature which is the one I want the children to have.
Now for the male, I've tried using a Blaziken (with Blaze ability) holding a power bracer to pass on his attack IV --- after breeding a boat load (more than a full box's worth) of those, and not having a single one born with Speed Boost, I thought maybe it was because you needed the male to be a different species but from the same egg group, so I tried using a Typhlosion (again holding a power bracer) only to have the same result.

bulbapedia says there is a 60% chance of passing the hidden ability on, but I've literally bred 60+ of these little buggers and not a single one has gotten the hidden ability.
Am I doing something wrong here? Am I missing some step?

I'm a little late on this, but...
the only way to make a Pokémon that can pass on its hidden ability is by giving it the Dream World flag. Most programs don't let you do this, but I know for a fact Pokesav does.(I've done it loads of times myself.)The dream world flag is 42. Set it to 01.

My friend wants to breed a male pokemon with a dream world ability. If he uses an AR to make a female to breed one, would it be legitimate for the VGC, even you can't get a female version of the pokemon to breed with legally?

My friend wants to breed a male pokemon with a dream world ability. If he uses an AR to make a female to breed one, would it be legitimate for the VGC, even you can't get a female version of the pokemon to breed with legally?

So I take it it is possible to get a male of the species with the Dream World ability legitimately, just not a female? In that case, it depends on how much their game check scans. If it only scans the party being registered, the team could pass under the radar provided every Pokémon on it could be obtained legally in some way. However, if the scan checks the game, your friend could run into some trouble.

Also worth noting is that, unless your friend specifically puts the Dream World flag on the Pokémon in question, it won't have any offspring with the hidden ability, regardless of whether it has it or not.

So I take it it is possible to get a male of the species with the Dream World ability legitimately, just not a female? In that case, it depends on how much their game check scans. If it only scans the party being registered, the team could pass under the radar provided every Pokémon on it could be obtained legally in some way. However, if the scan checks the game, your friend could run into some trouble.

Also worth noting is that, unless your friend specifically puts the Dream World flag on the Pokémon in question, it won't have any offspring with the hidden ability, regardless of whether it has it or not.

Thanks for replying. Specifically, he wants to breed a chloro bulbasaur, which was a male event pokemon in japan.

Anyone know how to get Snivy with its hidden ability to be used throughout the game other than Dreamworld?

Anyone know how to get Snivy with its hidden ability to be used throughout the game other than Dreamworld?

As far as I can recall, no snivy have ever been released with their hidden ability to date, either through events or the dreamworld.

Thanks but its a shame though Serperior that gets 2+ Sp. Attack for every Leaf Storm? That would make a Timid one a real threat combined with Wring Out, Dragon Pulse and one other special attack...

remember those party sprites from Gen1 and Gen2

yeah remember those party sprites from the first three games why doesn't anyone have any records of them there aren't any pics of them on the web you can't find em with google they aren't on bulbapedia and noone seems to know about em. where did they go i miss the little guys.

Can I soft reset to obtain different items or Pokémon in a Hidden Grotto?

Unfortunately, no. What I do when I'm after a specific item/Pokémon is check the one it spawns in, then go and check other hidden grottos until I think enough time has passed until the one I want has regenerated. It can be a lot of effort, but when you get what you want it's worth it!

Another trick is to make sure all Grottos are full (except the one you want something from--say a specific pokemon), then just ride around until the one you do want has respawned. This is because it goes through and checks each of the Grottos in a specific order to see if they need refilling, and if there is a Grotto in the order - before the one you want - that needs refilling, then it will do that one first. So it could take longer if you go through checking each one at a time. If you don't mind checking each one at a time and getting lots of other things along the way then that method work too of course (it was also the method I used on my game). But for those who just want one specific thing, it might be easier to try the method using the full Grottos.

What do you mean let just say I want a ditto from giant chasm how do I get it?
You mean a regular Ditto or a Hidden Grotto Ditto? Im assuming you mean one from the Hidden Grotto, just walk around and keep checking the Hidden Grotto to see if one is there, though it may take quite a while to find one, as they have a 5% chance of respawning every 256 steps, and a Pokemon wont always appear. Ditto is also considered Rare so even if a Pokemon generates there is a low chance of Ditto. Just keep respawning the Hidden Grotto until you get one. Also, you'll need to get an item, hidden item or capture/defeat/run away from a Pokemon to respawn the Grotto.

2 questions

1 after I get 256 step and save and get in the the hidden grotto there is only item and I soft reset before entering do I still get the same item or something else?

2 the person above me said is rare to get a ditto I know do I keep checking the same hidden grotto every time until I get a ditto and forget the other grotto and only focus on the giant chasm one?

2 questions

1 after I get 256 step and save and get in the the hidden grotto there is only item and I soft reset before entering do I still get the same item or something else?

2 the person above me said is rare to get a ditto I know do I keep checking the same hidden grotto every time until I get a ditto and forget the other grotto and only focus on the giant chasm one?
1. Hidden Grottos cant be soft resetted.
2.The Giant Chasm is the only place to find Ditto in the Hidden Grotto, because Ditto itself only appears at the Giant Chasm, so yes, you must keep checking that one until you get it.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom