• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Curious little thing happened in my Emerald Game.

Actually, to stop Groudon and Kyogre fighting, you only need to climb Sky Pillar and interact with Rayquaza. Once you return to Sootopolis and witness Rayquaza break up the fight, Rayquaza returns to Sky Pillar, where he can be battled and captured.

Re: Curious little thing happened in my Emerald Game.

Huh...

Well, shoot. I don't remember doing that. How odd. I must be getting senile.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I know this is sort of a stupid question, but how do you get a Shiny Shedninja? Can you evolve a normal Nincada into a Ninjask and be the Shedninja be Shiny or what? Plus, how are Shedninja's IVs determined by?

I know this is sort of a stupid question, but how do you get a Shiny Shedninja? Can you evolve a normal Nincada into a Ninjask and be the Shedninja be Shiny or what? Plus, how are Shedninja's IVs determined by?
If you evolve a shiny Nincada into Ninjask and have space in your party and at least one normal Pokeball, you will also get a shiny Shedinja. Shedinja inherits the same personality value, IVs, OT and ID meaning if the Nincada wasnt shiny, Shedinja wont be, the Nincada you evolve must be shiny to get Shedinja shiny.

Is the Dream World Event where you can get the Groudon, Kyoger, and Rayquaza dolls still going? Like is the password still valid?

Is the Dream World Event where you can get the Groudon, Kyoger, and Rayquaza dolls still going? Like is the password still valid?
Its available until December 6th, the passworld works till then.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Quick Pokerus Question.

Is it better to Start training a lvl 1 Pokemon with the Pokerus or to infect it Later?

Cause, I infected my lvl 1 Piplup and started training it but now I'm wondering it I should of.

Also, does the Count-down for the Pokerus til it expires count Real time hours (while my game is turned off) or just Played gametime Hours?

What's PMD: Magnagate's final boss? (PM in case of spoilers) How exactly does it look like? Does it have a name?

Quick Pokerus Question.

Is it better to Start training a lvl 1 Pokemon with the Pokerus or to infect it Later?

Cause, I infected my lvl 1 Piplup and started training it but now I'm wondering it I should of.

Also, does the Count-down for the Pokerus til it expires count Real time hours (while my game is turned off) or just Played gametime Hours?
It can be EV trained from Level 1, you'll need to switch it out and use a stronger Pokemon to help raise it until its high leveled enough to battle on it's own though. It dosent matter what level you start at.

Pokerus expires at Midnight, meaning unless the Pokemon is in the PC box at that time, it will be cured of Pokerus when it's midnight in the game.

Quick Pokerus Question.

It can be EV trained from Level 1, you'll need to switch it out and use a stronger Pokemon to help raise it until its high leveled enough to battle on it's own though. It dosent matter what level you start at.

Pokerus expires at Midnight, meaning unless the Pokemon is in the PC box at that time, it will be cured of Pokerus when it's midnight in the game.

Actually, I have no problem Lvling up a Pokemon at lvl 1 by battling it on it's own. I just have a limited choice by which to fight against. Nothing except Starly and Bidoofs to fight against, not that it matters.

But the Pokerus doesn't count hours? I thought I read somewhere that it did.

Quick Pokerus Question.

Actually, I have no problem Lvling up a Pokemon at lvl 1 by battling it on it's own. I just have a limited choice by which to fight against. Nothing except Starly and Bidoofs to fight against, not that it matters.

But the Pokerus doesn't count hours? I thought I read somewhere that it did.
according to the Bulbapedia article on Pokerus:
Any Pokémon on the player's party at the moment the system clock reaches midnight after a certain number of days in that position (number of days depends on the strain and generation) will become immune. An easy way to keep a "vessel" for future spreading is to always send the infected Pokémon to the PC,Day Care, Stadium 2 (in Generation II), Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire (in Generation III), or My Pokémon Ranch (in Generation IV) before midnight. The game also recognizes immunizing if the system is turned off and on again on the next day.

Any Pokémon on the player's party at the moment the system clock reaches midnight after a certain number of days in that position (number of days depends on the strain and generation) will become immune. An easy way to keep a "vessel" for future spreading is to always send the infected Pokémon to the PC,Day Care, Stadium 2 (in Generation II), Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire (in Generation III), or My Pokémon Ranch (in Generation IV) before midnight. The game also recognizes immunizing if the system is turned off and on again on the next day.

Ah. Gotcha.

A Follow up question. I've lvled my Piplup up and is now Empoleon. Used Macho Brace and PKRS but didn't use Vitamins.

But the Ribbon Lady in Sunyshore gave me a Ribbon for completing the EV Training (I'm assuming) so does this mean I no longer need to use the PKRS and Macho Brace or Vitamins and just Lvl him normally? Or do I continue EV training him with or without the EV Help?

Ah. Gotcha.

A Follow up question. I've lvled my Piplup up and is now Empoleon. Used Macho Brace and PKRS but didn't use Vitamins.

But the Ribbon Lady in Sunyshore gave me a Ribbon for completing the EV Training (I'm assuming) so does this mean I no longer need to use the PKRS and Macho Brace or Vitamins and just Lvl him normally? Or do I continue EV training him with or without the EV Help?
Did you check which Ribbon he got? If it's the Effort Ribbon, it means he's finished EV training and has all the EVs he can earn. You no longer need PokeRus or Macho Brace, he can be leveled up normally.

Did you check which Ribbon he got? If it's the Effort Ribbon, it means he's finished EV training and has all the EVs he can earn. You no longer need PokeRus or Macho Brace, he can be leveled up normally.

Yep. Alright, so I finally managed to get it right this time. Of course, chose the wrong Nature to start with but it was something I got in a Trade anyway and wanted to see how this process worked.

I have two questions about Pokemon Dream World.

When you Level up a Pokemon when you wake it up from Dream World, does it gain any EVs?

In the Blow out the Candles minigame, do you earn extra points if the last candle the opponent Pokemon blew out is a Black Candle?

When you Level up a Pokemon when you wake it up from Dream World, does it gain any EVs?

In the Blow out the Candles minigame, do you earn extra points if the last candle the opponent Pokemon blew out is a Black Candle?
You dont gain any EVs when a Pokemon levels up in the Dream World.

In regards to your other question, based on the scoreboard at the end of the game, the points you gain from winning do not seem to be affected by what type of candle your opponent ended with.

I'm trying to find someone to trade with for a pokemon that has Pokerus. I didn't want to make a thread for just one pokemon. Who/where can I ask?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom