• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I'm trying to find someone to trade with for a pokemon that has Pokerus. I didn't want to make a thread for just one pokemon. Who/where can I ask?
After some looking around, I think here is where you should ask for that:Munchlax's Cravings
There you can make a thread asking for just a single Pokemon if you wish.Alternatively, you might want to ask where that goes in here

Last edited:

Hi all

I am having this problem of having an underleveled team as i progressed through the game

For Example for my BW2, i am currently going to fight elesa however, my team is still 5 levels down.

Also in D/P, my team for elite four was lvl 40-50 inclusive when the elite four is lvl 50-60

Having also the same problem during H/G first elite four, lvl 35-45

I am wondering if this is normal?

is there no other way that we can proceed the game except to stopping to grind levels?

Hi all

I am having this problem of having an underleveled team as i progressed through the game

For Example for my BW2, i am currently going to fight elesa however, my team is still 5 levels down.

Also in D/P, my team for elite four was lvl 40-50 inclusive when the elite four is lvl 50-60

is there no other way that we can proceed the game except to stopping to grind levels?

This happens to me sometimes, though never on my first play-through of a game. Are you sure you're battling every trainer? If so, and you're still underleveled, then there's not much you can do except grind.

Also, I don't think it's really unusual to be underleveled in H/G if you don't grind, seeing as both the wild Pokemon and a lot of the trainer Pokemon are pretty low leveled through-out the game up to the Elite Four.

What would be the better nature for Oshawott in my new in-game team, Timid or Modest? I know nature doesn't make much difference for in-game teams but I'm wondering if Samurott would benefit more from the boost in speed or the boost in special attack.

What would be the better nature for Oshawott in my new in-game team, Timid or Modest? I know nature doesn't make much difference for in-game teams but I'm wondering if Samurott would benefit more from the boost in speed or the boost in special attack.
I'd say it doesn't really matter much, but for in game, Modest I guess.

I'd say Special Attack. The speed boost from nature isn't going to make Samurott any faster than most Electric-types and they'll almost always go first anyways. Give it an item so it doesn't get KO'd the first turn, so you can pwn them on the next. Samurott is pretty much faster than most other types, so that's probably the only thing you'll have to watch out.

My question: Is there any difference when you spam Vitamins at level 1 and level 100?

I'd say Special Attack. The speed boost from nature isn't going to make Samurott any faster than most Electric-types and they'll almost always go first anyways. Give it an item so it doesn't get KO'd the first turn, so you can pwn them on the next. Samurott is pretty much faster than most other types, so that's probably the only thing you'll have to watch out.

My question: Is there any difference when you spam Vitamins at level 1 and level 100?
No there's no difference if you use them at Lv 1 or Lv 100, they give the same EVs.

Hi all

This happens to me sometimes, though never on my first play-through of a game. Are you sure you're battling every trainer? If so, and you're still underleveled, then there's not much you can do except grind.

Also, I don't think it's really unusual to be underleveled in H/G if you don't grind, seeing as both the wild Pokemon and a lot of the trainer Pokemon are pretty low leveled through-out the game up to the Elite Four.

alright, sometimes i wondered how i even get pass the gym and elite four as my team is always 5 levels down

thanks for replying anyway

For the love of Arceus could someone please explain to me how to catch Kyurem in White 2? I've completed the main story, I've defeated N, I've gone to the Giant Chasm where I battled Ghetsis and Kyurem but he is simply not there. Am I missing something? The only thing that is still there is Ghetsis' staff. It's driving me insane because I feel like the stupidest person on earth for not figuring it out.

EDIT: Oh dang I'm an idiot, I have to catch Reshi first don't I?

For the love of Arceus could someone please explain to me how to catch Kyurem in White 2? I've completed the main story, I've defeated N, I've gone to the Giant Chasm where I battled Ghetsis and Kyurem but he is simply not there. Am I missing something? The only thing that is still there is Ghetsis' staff. It's driving me insane because I feel like the stupidest person on earth for not figuring it out.

EDIT: Oh dang I'm an idiot, I have to catch Reshi first don't I?

Either catch or defeat, but yes you must face it at Dragonspiral Tower before being able to find Kyurem.

Brick Break: Egg move for Tyrogue with Lee father?

Is Brick Break an egg move for tyrogue in Gen III? Its father in my case was Hitmonlee, and ditto mother. Brick Break isnt listed in his egg moves on its bulbapedia page, and i didnt slap any tm's on it, just proteins, and irons, to make sure its stats were equal, as i made it into a hitmontop.
LOOK!!!
[image removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Brick Break: Egg move for Tyrogue with Lee father?

Is Brick Break an egg move for tyrogue in Gen III? Its father in my case was Hitmonlee, and ditto mother. Brick Break isnt listed in his egg moves on its bulbapedia page, and i didnt slap any tm's on it, just proteins, and irons, to make sure its stats were equal, as i made it into a hitmontop.
LOOK!!!
[image removed]
Although you didn't teach Tyrogue any TMs, "Brick Break" is still available as a TM move that Tyrogue can learn. When you breed a Pokémon that knows a move that the baby can learn as either an Egg Move or a TM move, it will be passed down. I assume the father Hitmonlee knew Brick Break when you put it into the Daycare Centre?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Brick Break: Egg move for Tyrogue with Lee father?

Although you didn't teach Tyrogue any TMs, "Brick Break" is still available as a TM move that Tyrogue can learn. When you breed a Pokémon that knows a move that the baby can learn as either an Egg Move or a TM move, it will be passed down. I assume the father Hitmonlee knew Brick Break when you put it into the Daycare Centre?
Um, yes. Sorry, i didnt know that happened as well, i only knew about egg moves. And sidenote, it really DID have it after hatching, as i made another of them, for hitmonchan now. It still had brick break. LOL thanks. :)

PP Up won't work!

I'm a cheater.

I used GameShark to be able to purchase PP Up at a Pokemon Mart. Wanted to have higher PP on Mewtwo's Psychic. So buy 40 of them for like $10000 each, and it comes with "OAK: RED! This isn't time to use that!" (or whatever) Field or battle, both times! I can't get it to work at all! What gives?!

EDIT: Looks like the "wrong PP Up" code (used wrong code). Nevermind then.

Last edited:
Does chaining work without the pokeradar?

I only have one shiny i was given it. please do not tell me off if i'm not allowed to post questions.

On Bulbapedia's listing under Gallade, it states that Gallade can learn Leaf Blade as a starting Move. Under the Entry for Leaf Blade, it says Gallade learns it by Level up.

How do you get Gallade to get Leaf Blade? I'm assuming you have to Chain Breed it but what is the chain?

On Bulbapedia's listing under Gallade, it states that Gallade can learn Leaf Blade as a starting Move. Under the Entry for Leaf Blade, it says Gallade learns it by Level up.

How do you get Gallade to get Leaf Blade? I'm assuming you have to Chain Breed it but what is the chain?

I think this was a mistake as it isn't there anymore. You don't have to chain breed for it, you just need a heart scale.

Re: Does chaining work without the pokeradar?

Um, this doesn't belong here...I don't know where this goes, but not here.

Hi everyone.

I'm breeding for a Growlithe with 31 IVs in both attack and speed, adamant nature and the Intimidate ability. Three times now I've had an egg hatch with all the variables falling into place but the overall ability of the Pokemon has been 'above average' as opposed to 'relatively superior' or 'outstanding.' Usually when I'm breeding Pokemon I don't settle for any less than 'relatively superior' but I've already been at it for a long time.

My question is -

With 31 IVs in the desired stats, will the 'above average' overall ability be a major hindrance or will I hardly notice?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Anyone Familiar with the Advanced Individual Value & Stat Calculator at Serebii.net?

Well, I'm hatching for a Shiny Modest Ralts with Mischievous nature. Well, I got it but when I input it's stats (11/4/5/6/5/5) into the Calculator, it refuses to accept 4 as a Attack value yet I'm looking right at it.

Is this a Flaw in the Calculator or just an Oddity that only happens to those with luck as bad as mine.

I would post this question on Serebii but I can't complete my authentication there.

EDIT: to further complicate it, I use rare candies on it to lvl 5 and now, the Calculator doesn't accept it's sp.att.

EDIT: NVM. It was a blimp in the Calculator.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom