• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Can i get some help here?

How did you learn all the type weakness and effectivness charts? I know alot but not enough how can i learn them all.

Fire Fang Glitch?

hey guys,

i heard a rumor going around recently. my friend was fighting a sableye and when my friends stoutland used fire fang on it, it was super effective. normally, sableye has no weakness unless of foresight or something like that. but i have no idea how only fire fang was super effective on it. idk if it happens with spiritomb or not. if anyone knows anything about this, can someone give me some information? thx

Re: Fire Fang Glitch?

That's interesting. Fire Fang would usually hit Sableye for neutral damage, and I don't think any method for changing its type would exist.

It's also stranger that this is happening in 5th gen, and not 4th gen where Fire Fang had that issue with Wonder Guard. Not that it matters here anyway, since there doesn't seem to be any wonder guard involved...

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Excuse me guys. If I were to EV train my soon to be Leavanny, then give 10 Carbos, equipped with Macho Brace,and have the pokerus, how many Basclins do I have to take down to reach the EV of 152? I know that each vitamins worth +10, Basclins worth +2 for speed. Swift Feathers worth +2, pokerus doubles the points of EV,same thing goes for Macho Brace. According to my calculations, the number for the effort values is 6.5 after I gave it 10 carbos, it have the pokerus,and equipped with Macho Brace. Any ideas how to reach the EV to 152 of Speed? Let me know when you have the chance. You see, I've already got plans for 104 HP,and 152 ATK. Sorry about the vitamins, it just that I want to get this job done quickly as possible. Is there's something with the vitamins? If so, then I got the EV reducing berries as the back up plan in case there's something wrong. Please and thank you.

Last edited:

I am wanting to use a Dream World Vulpix with the ability Drought in my White 2 party but I can't decide which of two move tutor moves I should teach it. I already have a Blastoise, Chandelure, Virizion, Magnezone, Claydol and Altaria in my team. I am thinking about replacing Chandelure with this Vulpix so I think I need it to know some Dark and Ghost type moves to support the combination of types in the rest of my party. I have already taught it Hex which will be useful if a Pokémon becomes burned from Vulpix's fire type moves. Should I teach it Dark Pulse or Foul Play from the Blue Shard move tutor? Foul Play has the highest base power at 95 but it uses the opponent's attack stat and Dark Pulse is a special move with a base power of 80.

Is the Vulpix physical or Special, if It's Special and has high special attack, Dark Pulse will probably work. Foul Play is Physical and would probably be better against Pokemon that are high Attack, depends on what you want Vulpix to be.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Okay, I'm ALMOST ready for the Sinnoh Platinum Elite Four! I have 9 more levels to go before I reach level 80 on all my team and I head for the League.

Should I give my Garchomp Stone Edge or Rock Slide to combat her Ice weakness? the former has less PP and less accuracy, but is more powerful. While the latter has more PP, is more accurate, but has less power. Both can hit while the opponent can Fly, and Stone Edge gives more Critical Hits while Rock Slide has a higher chance of Flinching.

Pokemon white version 1 season help!

Ive just started playing Pokémon so I bought Pokémon white. I started up the game and in the cutscene it said it was winter but there was no snow on the ground. Then I actually started playing and I was outside but there was still no snow is this supposed to happen or not?

Okay, now, I'm wondering about my Infernape.

Since I like to have movesets that both give STAB and cover weaknesses as best they can, should i give ThunderPunch or Grass Knot to Infernape? or should I give her the Stone edge TM or Shadow Claw? shadow Claw protects against Psychic, Stone Edge against Flying, Grass Knot against Water and Ground and thunderPunch for Water and Flying.

So... Flare Blitz, Close Combat, ThunderPunch and Shadow Claw.

Or Flamethrower, Brick Break, Thunder Punch, Shadow Claw. Yeah, I think I'll go with that.

Last edited:
Re: Pokemon white version 1 season help!

Ive just started playing Pokémon so I bought Pokémon white. I started up the game and in the cutscene it said it was winter but there was no snow on the ground. Then I actually started playing and I was outside but there was still no snow is this supposed to happen or not?
Some places there is no snow. Ive only really seen a lot of snow around Iccirus City and Twist Mountain, I dont think it snows everywhere in game even in winter.

Re: Pokemon white version 1 season help!

The only places where it snows/hails/snow accumulates on the ground is on the far western side of Unova.

Would anyone know of a Breeding Chain to get a Shuppet with Thief from a Meowth (or Purugly) with Thief.

I have a Meowth and Purugly that both have Thief but I need a Shuppet with Thief.

Just wondering if some knows a Chain from Meowth or Purugly to Shuppet.

Been researching in on the wiki but I'm not much good at it.

Would anyone know of a Breeding Chain to get a Shuppet with Thief from a Meowth (or Purugly) with Thief.

I have a Meowth and Purugly that both have Thief but I need a Shuppet with Thief.

Well, one viable method would be to breed Meowth/Purugly with a female Snubbull/Granbull to get a male Snubbull, then breed that Snubbull with a female Castform to get a male Castform, then breed that Castform with a Shuppet/Banette to get a Shuppet with Thief.

However, wouldn't it just be easier to teach a Shuppet Thief through the TM?

Well, one viable method would be to breed Meowth/Purugly with a female Snubbull/Granbull to get a male Snubbull, then breed that Snubbull with a female Castform to get a male Castform, then breed that Castform with a Shuppet/Banette to get a Shuppet with Thief.

However, wouldn't it just be easier to teach a Shuppet Thief through the TM?

Haha... well, yeah. Funny thing there. You see, I have a bit of a complex. I hate using my TMs.

It originated back playing Original Red, when once you've used certain TMs, they were gone for good. Now, I have a hard time using any TM that can not be easily replaced.
I haven't used a single TM since Sapphire, and even then, it was one I had multiples of.

But, I was considering just biting the bullet on this one and blowing my TM but I was waiting to see if I could find a Chain to easily save myself the pain.
But yours works just fine so I thank you.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom