• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Ok so i have a questions about something that really bothers me:

It is really common in the GTS to see offers like these:

X trainer offers a Tentacool for a (Insert legendary pokémon here). Is there any reason for that? also this kind of trade happens even here, today i just saw someone offering a Landorus for a Happiny...like...really?
I think either they do it to troll knowing no one would really want to trade a legendary or because these people dont know what a fair trade really is.

Ok so i have a questions about something that really bothers me:

It is really common in the GTS to see offers like these:

X trainer offers a Tentacool for a (Insert legendary pokémon here). Is there any reason for that? also this kind of trade happens even here, today i just saw someone offering a Landorus for a Happiny...like...really?
I think either they do it to troll knowing no one would really want to trade a legendary or because these people dont know what a fair trade really is.

Other times it seems like a particularly strange way to show off their shiny/legendary, especially if the level range they request isn't possible to obtain for the legendary they are asking for.

Kind of makes it hilarious when people give them a hacked Pokémon that fits their specifications, but I digress.

How far do you have to be in Black 2 in order to access Village Bridge?

Couple of questions, since the rest of the net is being unhelpful...

I'm having some difficulties with the NPC Yancy (W2). Yancy is supposed to call numerous times throughout the game before you actually get to meet her in person. She has called a couple of times in my game, around mid-game actually, but has never called back since, and now I'm in post end-game. There's no way I can call her, and it doesn't appear that she's ever going to phone again. Do I have to set certain requirements to make her phone, or am I basically screwed?

Second, again W2, there's supposedly a NPC in Castelia that hands the player an Eevee. Where exactly are they?

Thanks.

I'm having some difficulties with the NPC Yancy (W2). Yancy is supposed to call numerous times throughout the game before you actually get to meet her in person. She has called a couple of times in my game, around mid-game actually, but has never called back since, and now I'm in post end-game. There's no way I can call her, and it doesn't appear that she's ever going to phone again. Do I have to set certain requirements to make her phone, or am I basically screwed?

Second, again W2, there's supposedly a NPC in Castelia that hands the player an Eevee. Where exactly are they?

Thanks.

You can call Yancy in the same spots as when she rang you:
Nimbasa City (behind the Battle Institute)
Driftveil City (on top of the northern hill, below the Worker guarding the Clay Tunnel entrance)
Lentimas Town (on the path behind the northern house towards the hill with the Fire Stone)
Mistralton City (on the southern half of the runway, in the center of the lane)
Undella Town (southwest corner, up the stairs and between the two boulders)
Lacunosa Town (under the bridge in the center of town)
Route 5 (on the other side of the southern fence, towards the Hyper Potion)
Route 6 (just above the two shortcut ledges on the south end of the route, east side of the stream)
Route 7 (on the path between the Pokémon Breeder and the southern house)
Route 9 (at the left of the Commercial Center, near the L-shaped bush)
Route 11 (in front of the truck, between it and the stream)
Route 12 (on the highest hill, down-left most square)
Route 13 (on the south beach, between the running Ace Trainer and the Fisherman on a sandy corner by the water's edge)
Route 14 (towards the Abundant Shrine, on top of the waterfall with a small square of land on the right, west of the Backpacker)
Route 16 (west side of the route, south of the Depot Agent and north of the male Cyclist, middle of the road)

So just go to one of those and try and ring her, and you should be able to. As for the Eevee, You get it from Fennel in the building to the left on Gym Leader street. She's on the third floor.

Last edited:

Thanks.

You can call Yancy in the same spots as when she rang you:
Nimbasa City (behind the Battle Institute)
Driftveil City (on top of the northern hill, below the Worker guarding the Clay Tunnel entrance)
Lentimas Town (on the path behind the northern house towards the hill with the Fire Stone)
Mistralton City (on the southern half of the runway, in the center of the lane)
Undella Town (southwest corner, up the stairs and between the two boulders)
Lacunosa Town (under the bridge in the center of town)
Route 5 (on the other side of the southern fence, towards the Hyper Potion)
Route 6 (just above the two shortcut ledges on the south end of the route, east side of the stream)
Route 7 (on the path between the Pokémon Breeder and the southern house)
Route 9 (at the left of the Commercial Center, near the L-shaped bush)
Route 11 (in front of the truck, between it and the stream)
Route 12 (on the highest hill, down-left most square)
Route 13 (on the south beach, between the running Ace Trainer and the Fisherman on a sandy corner by the water's edge)
Route 14 (towards the Abundant Shrine, on top of the waterfall with a small square of land on the right, west of the Backpacker)
Route 16 (west side of the route, south of the Depot Agent and north of the male Cyclist, middle of the road)

So just go to one of those and try and ring her, and you should be able to. As for the Eevee, You get it from Fennel in the building to the left on Gym Leader street. She's on the third floor.

Thing is, Yancy isn't even listed in the Xtransciever. She has to call me 9 times for me to meet her in person, and that has yet to even happen.

Thing is, Yancy isn't even listed in the Xtransciever. She has to call me 9 times for me to meet her in person, and that has yet to even happen.

In that situation, if I recall correctly, you need to go to the exact tile spots that PkmnGreen describes. Each time you find the correct tile spot, she will call you. I believe you need to do this 10 times.

In that situation, if I recall correctly, you need to go to the exact tile spots that PkmnGreen describes. Each time you find the correct tile spot, she will call you. I believe you need to do this 10 times.
Serebii shows the exact spot where you need to stand: Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - The Dropped Item

Oh, so the spots really are specific... Game Freak, I swear to god sometimes...

Right, well, thank you everyone. This is all helpful.

Sorry if someone already asked this, but I'm too lazy to go through the whole thread. I'm wondering about Hidden Power damage calculations. I tried to decipher it myself on the wikia, and even though I'm good with math, the instructions have me at a total loss. Can someone give me a brief, simple rundown of it. Use one of my Pokemon as a test subject. It's my Empoleon in W2. I'm trying to figure out a good move for him, and I was wondering about Hidden Power. Here is what I know so far.

HP Type: Ground
IV Stat Total: "This Pokémon has relatively superior potential overall." (121-150)
Highest IV Stat: Sp. Def
Sp Def IV Stat: "It's fantastic in that regard." (26-30)

If anyone can simplify this for me, I would be very grateful. I know nothing about IVs, but I'm at a loss for new moves, so I wanted to try Hidden Power. With a Ground-type Hidden Power, I felt that was promising, so I'm looking into it more, but I'm just dumbfounded by the formula (especially since I have no clue what else to do). Thanks in advance.

Sorry if someone already asked this, but I'm too lazy to go through the whole thread. I'm wondering about Hidden Power damage calculations. I tried to decipher it myself on the wikia, and even though I'm good with math, the instructions have me at a total loss. Can someone give me a brief, simple rundown of it. Use one of my Pokemon as a test subject. It's my Empoleon in W2. I'm trying to figure out a good move for him, and I was wondering about Hidden Power. Here is what I know so far.

HP Type: Ground
IV Stat Total: "This Pokémon has relatively superior potential overall." (121-150)
Highest IV Stat: Sp. Def
Sp Def IV Stat: "It's fantastic in that regard." (26-30)

If anyone can simplify this for me, I would be very grateful. I know nothing about IVs, but I'm at a loss for new moves, so I wanted to try Hidden Power. With a Ground-type Hidden Power, I felt that was promising, so I'm looking into it more, but I'm just dumbfounded by the formula (especially since I have no clue what else to do). Thanks in advance.

Let's start from the top. IVs, for reference, are like the "DNA" of a Pokemon. They, combined with a Pokemon's Nature, Gender, and Ability are what make them so different, despite their species. Now, IVs can scale anywhere from 0 to 31 in each stat (HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed). Moving forward, to effectively know your Empoleon's actual Hidden Power type and Hidden Power's damage, you must know its exact IVs. From the information you've provided above we can't determine its Hidden Power type nor its Hidden Power damage. To calculate its exact IVs use Pokemon Online (it's a program you must download, but it's perfect for testing Pokemon before you train them in-game, and is so worth it), and in the Team Builder enter all of the information required and it will level out your IVs, granted you know the EVs invested in your Empoleon. If you don't know the EVs then you cannot calculate your Empoleon's IVs.

Now, for actually calculating the type and damage of your Empoleon's Hidden Power. Lucky enough the game provides a NPC that will tell you your Pokemon's Hidden Power type (located at PWT in B2/W2). So that leaves the damage calculation. Let's break it all down below.

We're going to use this formula:
HPcalc2.png

The variables all represent the second to last bit of each IV: HP (u), Attack (v), Defense (w), Speed (x), Sp. Attack (y) and Sp. Defense (z). Now, to determine what number you place into these variables you have two options: 0 and 1. You enter 1 into the variable if the stat's IV has a remainder of 2 or 3 when divided by 4. If when divided by 4 the IV of the stat is NOT 2 or 3 then the value you enter is 0. Let me give you an example. Your Empoleon has an Attack IV of 20. You divide 20 by 4 and get the number 5. There is no remainder as it divided evenly so you would enter 0 into the u variable. Now let's say the Sp. Defense is 30. Divide 30 by 4 and you get the number 7.5, .5 meaning there is a remainder of 2 (it would be .75 if there was a remainder of 3). There is a remainder of 2 so we enter 1 into the y variable. Make sense? So once you know your exact IVs you can take them, divide them all by 4, find their remainders and enter their second to last bit into each variable and crunch numbers to find your Empoleon's Hidden Power's damage.

After you've punched in all of the variables you'll multiply the numerator through (by 40), then divide it all by 63. Then you'll add 30 to that number and round down to the nearest whole number. That is the damage of your Hidden Power. Before you add 30, the fraction should not exceed 40, and if it does then you've miscalculated and should try again. Like I said, you need to know your Empoleon's exact IVs to even attempt to figure out its Hidden Power's damage. Start by downloading Pokemon Online like I mentioned above.

Now, it's great to understand the method behind finding your Pokemon's Hidden Power damage, but there are also plenty of calculators out there for just this (as long as you know all of the IVs). Pokemon Online will even tell you the type and damage of its Hidden Power once you enter all of its information.

If you have any other questions or need me to simplify this any further feel free to ask! If I may add, too, an Empoleon runs Hidden Power Grass or Electric best to take down other bulky Water-type Pokemon, but still, Hidden Power is outclassed by Grass Knot most of the time. Good luck!

Last edited:

A couple of quick Memory Link questions:

First, is it possible to see the memories and, more importantly, battle Cheren and Bianca again? If I remember correctly, I don't think I can, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Second, about N's Pokémon; I activated the event, but all I've been able to find so far are his Joltik and Boldore. Is there some special way to find them, or do they just appear randomly in the specific areas?

A couple of quick Memory Link questions:

First, is it possible to see the memories and, more importantly, battle Cheren and Bianca again? If I remember correctly, I don't think I can, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Second, about N's Pokémon; I activated the event, but all I've been able to find so far are his Joltik and Boldore. Is there some special way to find them, or do they just appear randomly in the specific areas?
Yes, when you use Memory Link, Cheren and Bianca can be battled in B/W2. They have the same team from B/W depending on the starter you chose. More info can be found here.

N's Pokemon have a very low appearance rate, I believe it's 1% in the area they are in so you'll have to keep looking until you find one.

Yes, when you use Memory Link, Cheren and Bianca can be battled in B/W2. They have the same team from B/W depending on the starter you chose. More info can be found here.

Well, I battled them already on BW2, but I was wondering if I could battle them again later, or was it a one time thing? And can you see the flashbacks again after you see them? I didn't see anything that said I couldn't in the link, but I think I read somewhere else that it was a one time thing.

Well, I battled them already on BW2, but I was wondering if I could battle them again later, or was it a one time thing? And can you see the flashbacks again after you see them? I didn't see anything that said I couldn't in the link, but I think I read somewhere else that it was a one time thing.
Bulbapedia says its one time only

Bulbapedia says its one time only

That's what I though.... Oh well, guess it didn't hurt to ask. Thanks for your help! :)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

A quick question, mostly to see if I properly understand something, as I do not have any experience with Pokémon XD; Gale of Darkness

In these games, some Pokémon with special moves can be obtained once they're purified. For example, a Mawile with Sing. If I understand correctly, these Pokémon can then be transferred to a Gen III main game, right? So you could have the aforementioned Mawile with Sing on your Emerald copy.

I actually have two more questions I couldn't find a clear answer to. One, are these special moves breedable? (I thought they weren't, but I might have been mistaken) And two, would these Pokémon with special moves still 'exist' in newer games? Or at all? (As in theory, they could be transferred across generations)

Thanks in advance ^^

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

A quick question, mostly to see if I properly understand something, as I do not have any experience with Pokémon XD; Gale of Darkness

In these games, some Pokémon with special moves can be obtained once they're purified. For example, a Mawile with Sing. If I understand correctly, these Pokémon can then be transferred to a Gen III main game, right? So you could have the aforementioned Mawile with Sing on your Emerald copy.
To transfer XD:GoD pokemon out of the console game into a handheld main series game you will need to have a Gamecube to GBA link cable, have beaten XD:GoD's main story mode, and have purified the shadow pokemon in question that you want to trade out from the game. (i'm not sure if you need to have gotten to a certain point in R/S/E like you do with FR/LG).

One, are these special moves breedable?
Not unless they're egg moves/TMs that said pokemon's species can learn in another game. So mainly no.

And two, would these Pokémon with special moves still 'exist' in newer games? Or at all? (As in theory, they could be transferred across generations)
Yes, if theyre transfered from XD:GoD into another game. The only one's that could not would be are the one's who have HM moves (as transferring from Gens 3/4 to Gen 5 requires one to get rid of all HM moves on a pokemon before transfer). But i don't think there were any who's special move was an HM.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom