• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Surfing Pikachu

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it's in a wrong place my apologies.

A couple of years ago I had received a Pikachu that knows surf. It was a Battle Revolution event, so it's not a hacked pokemon. Up until now it's been sitting in a Pearl PC, but now I want to train it, hard core.

I've never EV trained before, but I've done enough research to start, but I still would like some advice about how to train this particular Pikachu.

It's at level: 10
Nature: Hardy and it "Impetuous and silly. Happily eats anything."
Attack: 18
Defense: 11
Sp. Attack: 16
Sp. Defense: 13
Speed: 25

Ability: Static
Has Move: Surf, Volt Tackle, Tail Whip, and Thunder Wave.

I really want to utilize this Pikachu's surfing ability, so I want it to be able to holds its own against Ground Types. So, I would like to know what's the best stats to raise and the best moves to teach this Pikachu.

Re: Surfing Pikachu

Interesting. Well, It's nature and stats are pretty cruddy but whether or not you want to use him is up to you.

As for which stats, you'd want to focus on his Speed and Atk or SpAtk (depending on which moves you want to use.)
But Raichu has a base 90 atk and SpAtk so you could go either way with him, or even split it and use both.
Since your Pikachu has a Higher Atk then SpAtk, you might want a 252 Atk / 150 Spd / 108 SAtk
But you can check Serebii.net Games - Individual Value Calculator and play around a little to see what works best for you.

Interesting question though. If you Breed it, would it pass on Surf? I'd have to research that one but my first thought would be no.
But, if you could, it'd be a nice way to try for a better nature.

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

In Pokemon platinum is there an easy way ti check the friendliness of your Pokemon.

In Pokemon platinum is there an easy way ti check the friendliness of your Pokemon.
There is a Poketch app that shows Friendship called the Friendship Checker, if you tap the Pokemon you wish to check with your stylus it will show how friendly it is, or, there is a man on Rt 213 that will tell you your Pokemon's happiness level based on it's footprints.

Pokemon Games 3DS vs. 3DS XL

Just give me your opinion. Which 3DS (the original or the XL) is better to play Pokemon Games such as SoulSilver, Black&White, Black 2 &White 2 , and Pokemon X Y in the future?
I sold my DS a few months ago and i want to buy a 3DS but just to play Pokemon games

Re: Pokemon Games 3DS vs. 3DS XL

Just give me your opinion. Which 3DS (the original or the XL) is better to play Pokemon Games such as SoulSilver, Black&White, Black 2 &White 2 , and Pokemon X Y in the future?
I sold my DS a few months ago and i want to buy a 3DS but just to play Pokemon games

Depends on if you want a specific color, or a bundle (for instance: I'm terrible about buy the first iteration of a DS [bought the DS Phat, and the regular DSi] and said that I wouldn't do it this time, but then that awesome LoZ 3DS bundle came up and I was like, "Forget this. MINE <3", but I digress). If you aren't looking for anything in specific or holding out for a specific bundle (many are talking about waiting for possible Pokémon related bundles), just get the XL I'd say.

Re: Pokemon Games 3DS vs. 3DS XL

It depends on whether you care about a bigger screen, whether you have large hands (the regular 3DS might feel a little cramped if you do), and whether you are going to be packing the system around (the regular 3DS is more portable). The DS games don't look so great blown up on the 3DS XL screen, but you can shrink them down by pressing Start and Select as the game is loading in order to make them look better. You end up having some black unused space around the games, but that doesn't bug me.

Also, the regular 3DS will have more color options (and is a little cheaper). Hope this helped, I can't really say one or the other because what is better for me (I prefer the XL) might not be better for you :)

Re: pokeman game question?? A possible unknown pokeman?

Okay, I don't know if any of you guys played pokeman channel. (Typically people say it's a horrible game!)
So while playing it for years on and off, I always noticed something very weird.

While watching the shop n squirtle channel I notice this pokemon behind the camera and when you look at it,
you think, oh that's just a Xatu! But its not! Same shape but different colors/patterns?

These are the best images I can get and I apologize.
ImageShack

ImageShack

Video Source
Shop 'N Squirtle Episode One - YouTube

and picture of an actual xatu!
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/f/f4/178Xatu.png/120px-178Xatu.png

You can clearly see that the colors are different from the xatu!
The darker green with splotch of a lighter green on face.
The body color is different.

The game is revolved around the 3rd generation.

Maybe it was possibly a planned pokeman to be in the future generation?
Maybe its just a an unfinished xatu model! (the game has some definite errors after all)

I just wanted to see what you guys think is all.

I think it's just a lighting affect, since they're filming a stage and all..

I found out that the internal battery has run dry on my Emerald cartridge, and I want to get a Miltotic for my playthrough. Because this affects berries, would it still be possible to get a Milotic, or would it be very difficult even with a good nature? Also, if it is too hard to evolve Feebas, what would a good replacement water pokemon be (not Sharpedo, Swampert, or either Clampearl evolutions.)?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

So I finally got my DS to connect to the Nintendo WiFi and actually work and what not, allowing me to finally connect to the GTS and other features in Pokemon. So it's my first time. In Pokemon Black 2, when I go to the GTS and click the 'search' for pokemon, I click "ABC" (I'm looking for Bibarel) yet it only lists a few pokemon. I just wanted to know, do I have to finish the game or get their entry in my Pokedex to search for them on the GTS?

Silly question, I know, but I'm new to WiFi :).

So I finally got my DS to connect to the Nintendo WiFi and actually work and what not, allowing me to finally connect to the GTS and other features in Pokemon. So it's my first time. In Pokemon Black 2, when I go to the GTS and click the 'search' for pokemon, I click "ABC" (I'm looking for Bibarel) yet it only lists a few pokemon. I just wanted to know, do I have to finish the game or get their entry in my Pokedex to search for them on the GTS?

You can only search for Pokemon you've seen. So you don't have to necessarily catch Bibarel, only encounter it.

Ok! Thanks. So this is the only way to find/search a Pokemon you want on the GTS, you have to have encountered it? Say if once I finished the game, I wanted a Pokemon that you can't encounter through the game, how would I go about that, and if I wanted one from the GTS?

Ok! Thanks. So this is the only way to find/search a Pokemon you want on the GTS, you have to have encountered it? Say if once I finished the game, I wanted a Pokemon that you can't encounter through the game, how would I go about that, and if I wanted one from the GTS?
In that case you could ask someone to trade you that Pokemon for the Pokedex info.

In that case you could ask someone to trade you that Pokemon for the Pokedex info.

You could also try trading for the evolution or pre-evolution and then breed/evolve what you need. When I wanted a Snivy, I had only seen Servine so I traded for that and then breed it to get Snivy. If you want to get a Bibarel, you could try searching for a Bidoof, which you should see at least once in the game and register it in your Pokedex so it will be able to be seen on the GTS.

Gotchya' :) . Thanks! For now I'm just going to trade between my Pokemon black to Pokemon black 2 for that Bibarel I needed.

Is it determined whether a shiny is going to hatch from an egg when you receive the egg or when it hatches?

Wondering because if it is determined when it hatches you can soft reset and have another go at getting a shiny from that same egg.

Is it determined whether a shiny is going to hatch from an egg when you receive the egg or when it hatches?

Wondering because if it is determined when it hatches you can soft reset and have another go at getting a shiny from that same egg.

When received.

When received.

Thanks for the information sir. Wish it were the other way around though. Shinies are a real PITA to get.

about trainer personalitys.

I've been playing pokemon black 2 and white 2 for a short time and I've wondering if trainer natures affect the game in any way or is for fun?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom